Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Travel blogger ‘bullied’ by MH after posting mid-flight bad review

Old Nov 21, 18, 6:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP

Sounds like Mr.Grumpy after a no comp upgrade made available..picked up extensively over the last few days.

​https://bit.ly/2DR4wgC

https://bit.ly/2DNIXNX
Old Nov 21, 18, 9:17 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
Sounds like Mr.Grumpy after a no comp upgrade made available..picked up extensively over the last few days.

https://bit.ly/2DR4wgC

https://bit.ly/2DNIXNX
I guess you wanted to put the following link?
YouTube Link

My opinion, it was just some payback due to him not being able to score his complimentary upgrade?
These days there are just too many of such controversial bloggers/vloggers that use their popularity to set the scale sometimes to their own benefits. I read also that MH CEO wrote him an apology letter and a team of MH in London met him on arrival to understand the situation better.

Cheers!
ashkale, dylanc and wxman22 like this.
Old Nov 22, 18, 9:03 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold, SK EB Gold, JX COSMILE Insighter, Flying Blue Silver
(facepalm) again, another case of over entitlement.
wxman22, nancypants and SKT-DK like this.
Old Nov 22, 18, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
Complaining about food in Y? Seriously this guy mustn’t fly much, everyone knows the food in Y is crap.
Old Nov 22, 18, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
Travel bloggers shouldn't get anything for free. Makes them biased.
Old Nov 22, 18, 3:02 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold, SK EB Gold, JX COSMILE Insighter, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Croupier View Post

Complaining about food in Y? Seriously this guy mustn’t fly much, everyone knows the food in Y is crap.
exactly. Any food in Y that is any slightly beyond average is an exception rather than the norm. And that said, the food in his video doesn't look THAT bad.

Originally Posted by s0ssos View Post
Travel bloggers shouldn't get anything for free. Makes them biased.
couldn't agree more. It's hard to be objective when you are given something for free. Most of all, I'd like to know more about this 'complimentary upgrade' he asked for, which he never explicitly mentioned himself (for obvious reasons)
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 23, 18, 5:35 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Don't they get these upgrades so that they will give good reviews so if they do not get them then here comes a bad review...sort of blackmail

Assuming his target market/followers to be travelers in economy what would the point be of reviewing business class and if his target market is business class travelers then he should pay for the ticket himself.

At the end of the day any review should be anonymous the company should not be aware of the fact until the review appears
wxman22 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 18, 10:34 pm

Saw the first 2 minutes of the video and thought it's 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back ...
jrfsp320 and nancypants like this.
Old Nov 26, 18, 12:00 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Hertz PC
Other "buddy" bloggers seem to now have picked up on it too in support.
Old Nov 26, 18, 12:08 am

Programs: MH, AC, AS
Originally Posted by gilbertaue View Post
Other "buddy" bloggers seem to now have picked up on it too in support.
Can't wait for the boycott. Let's see how MH is going to fill their planes with P/U fares now
Old Nov 27, 18, 5:09 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Just another self-important, wannabe who thinks posting a video online will get him the world. Honestly, MH should not have even bothered initiating contact.
He travels in economy - probably paying peanuts for his ticket. Demands an upgrade. Then is negative for not getting one - but why would he?

I bet most of his "followers" making him a so-called "influencer" (yuck) would not even set foot on MH nor any other legacy airline (let alone in a premium cabin) frequently enough to matter in the big picture...!
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Nov 28, 18, 5:41 am

Influencer is such a dirty word these days. One bad remote experience by someone apparently with beef to grind after being denied a free upgrade does not ever influence my decision to fly any particular airline. And so stupid of these buddy blogs to have picked them up - go do your job and manufacture your own news, not rehash over someone else’s.
Old Dec 4, 18, 12:04 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Not to be contrary, but he didn't get an upgrade - ok.

However, but how does that excuse the issues with his IFE, and the fact that the crew ignored the problem?

M
Old Dec 7, 18, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post
Not to be contrary, but he didn't get an upgrade - ok.

However, but how does that excuse the issues with his IFE, and the fact that the crew ignored the problem?

M
Is there evidence that they ignored the problem? I didn't watch the whole video. But it appears to be a he said/she said.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: