Wiki Posts
Search

Which Lounge in KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by quinzinho
That is correct. Enjoy!
...actually that was earlier in the thread, and I had read it before...just get so excited when I see food... But thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Croupier
Compared to my last dinner in MEL QF F which was soggy calamari and a super thin overcooked tasteless piece of snapper this was miles in front.
Looking forward to my visit in a month. Haven't tried the prawn cocktail yet. Hopefully with champagne if they have it?

As frequent visitor of both SYD & MEL F lounge and routinely order the calamari aka Salt & Pepper squid here is my take.
- on average SYD does it better than MEL, but standards are falling. Too greasy and too little flour/breading. Sometimes served cold.
- I have eaten this more than once on the same day about 3/4 hours apart and the evening one SYD is usually much better. Probably down to a shift change in chef.
- Please! please! give your waiter feedback immediately. Or the chef will continue to cook it poorly the same way for others and for you next time.
- Please also tell them when it is good. Eg. Not greasy, not soggy, crispy.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
I think the disparity in comments about the MH F lounge is likely due to one thing IMHO: Choice of food. It serves up very good local cuisine, and at the same time, crap western food. Order a steak (which i suspect had meat glue in it) - and you'll shake your head in disappointment. Order a daging masak merah, tambah daging, tambah kuah, tambah apa apa yang boleh ditambah, kasi pedas giler, and it's a whole different ballgame......
100% this! (Tho don't know about the off-menu suggestion... something to try next time? )

I love their Ayam Percik, or the wonton soup when there. Their Caesar's salad is good tho.

Last edited by crackjack; Nov 24, 2018 at 2:40 am
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:39 pm

You may also visit the CX lounge if it’s open, and that’s my new favourite place to perch after having a meal at MH F. Great Chinese soups on offer. Leave enough time if you have a main terminal gate though as it’s in the C gates too.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Amb Elite
I visit the MH F lounge about twice a month in transit from Singapore to India/ China. The F lounge does serve champagne - you can ask for a glass in the main lounge or with your meal in the dining room. I forget the brand, but it’s perfectly ok and the staff are happy to top up your glass (you may have to ask though as, understandably, it’s not a place where they’re exactly encouraging you to drink alcohol).

I find the menus a bit limited/ uninspiring - usually the fish as a main dish is good and I like the trifle to finish. Soups can be good too. Breakfast - I like that they halve Alpen (but not the UHT milk) and the omelettes are usually ok. However I find the best coffee is from the baristas in the J lounges - usually grab one in the regional lounge if I can.

However, as a recent visitor to lounges in Mumbai (GVK), Singapore (Qantas J), Sydney/ Melbourne (Quantas F) and London (BA F and CCR), MH could still go a long way to improve their F dining.

Dont get get me wrong, I really like the F lounge for its peace and quiet, decent showers and the staff are friendly - I just don’t rate it’s food that highly.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Is there any where I can nap a bit in the F lounge? Arriving around 4am and connecting flight is 9am. Have no idea about what I can do this early at the airport.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Is there any where I can nap a bit in the F lounge? Arriving around 4am and connecting flight is 9am. Have no idea about what I can do this early at the airport.
Yes, there is a gender-separated nap area/ room at the far end of the F lounge. But I think it only has space for 3 individuals in either the male/ female sections
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Zawnet

Yes, there is a gender-separated nap area/ room at the far end of the F lounge. But I think it only has space for 3 individuals in either the male/ female sections
IIRC 5 males, 3 females in F, The J side has 5 each.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
IIRC 5 males, 3 females in F, The J side has 5 each.
Do they provide with blanket? Or i shall ware a bit more just in case it's cold after falling sleep.

And do they provide with a wake up service or I shall set up my alarm.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:34 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Do they provide with blanket? Or i shall ware a bit more just in case it's cold after falling sleep.

And do they provide with a wake up service or I shall set up my alarm.
they provide blankets, and as far as I remember they also keep note of your flight details when you ask for the blankets. You need to put your boarding pass in this stand next to the loungers which lounge staff can look at to see your flight details, when they perpetually come to check on you.
TGflyergirl likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by quinzinho
MH unfortunately has too much of a local Malay focus, also reflected in alcohol offerings or lack thereof. Makes a bit of sense since they've only got 1 European route left and are now just a regional airline, but it's a pity still.
Why would this be deemed "unfortunate"? Look at JAL lounges in Japan... it's mainly Japanese food served.

I think it's actually nice that a local airline tries to imbue local culture in their lounge design and introduce local food to the rest of the world in their lounges.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by lowjhg
You may also visit the CX lounge if it’s open, and that’s my new favourite place to perch after having a meal at MH F. Great Chinese soups on offer.
Agree wholeheartedly! When you've been on the road for a while, the mere taste of Chinese soup is soothing and comforting. ^
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:54 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Why would this be deemed "unfortunate"? Look at JAL lounges in Japan... it's mainly Japanese food served.

I think it's actually nice that a local airline tries to imbue local culture in their lounge design and introduce local food to the rest of the world in their lounges.
This is in my opinion not a very fair comparison between MH and JL.
JL - culture in Japan (if I might say) monotone - as in just one main one, Japanese
MH - Malaysia is a melting pot of different cultures, mainly Malay, Chinese and Indian (with of course others). Therefore from this aspect, I would expect that there should be more a mix of dishes reflecting this, e.g some sweet-sour chicken dish, spring rolls, indian curry, etc. Currently it is quite monotonous - yes not complaining it is not tasty - but seems to one sided. Although during breakfast service - I do see more of this mix, with dim sum, Indian roti and the famous nasi-lemak - which sadly dissapears outside of breakfast hours.

Cheers!
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I hope that MAS will have more Malaysian food not less. I must have sleep walked through when I was there at breakfast off the London flight as did not see the roti or dim sum but will certainly look out for it next time.

generally I would much prefer that airlines offered more of their local cuisine in their lounges(and inflight) than bland "westernised" staples but of course there are exceptions

I remember when back in the 80s and AirLanka had just started up and when I was reconfirming my flight home in Singapore the staff asking me what I though of the food and i said it was a shame there was no Sri Lankan food and lo and behold they did me a special curry in the way home
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:51 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by amnicoll
I hope that MAS will have more Malaysian food not less. I must have sleep walked through when I was there at breakfast off the London flight as did not see the roti or dim sum but will certainly look out for it next time.

generally I would much prefer that airlines offered more of their local cuisine in their lounges(and inflight) than bland "westernised" staples but of course there are exceptions

I remember when back in the 80s and AirLanka had just started up and when I was reconfirming my flight home in Singapore the staff asking me what I though of the food and i said it was a shame there was no Sri Lankan food and lo and behold they did me a special curry in the way home
I would be really surprised if they didn't have Nasi Lemak in the lounge for breakfast. That would be blasphemous

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.