Search

Which Lounge in KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QRpc Plat
Which Lounge in KLIA

Hello,

I have a flight from KL to SIN with MH tomorrow noon. Flying in Y. I am a QR plat - One world Emerald card holder.
As I have never been to KL before or flown MH, which lounge should I use here? The MH golden lounge or maybe the cathay pacific lounge?

Thanks.
Tom
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
MH regional golden lounge is the best lounge.
Enjoy!
NoY likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
There's also the MH F lounge which you can access, but it's at the C gates. MH's SIN flights usually depart from G/H. You can definitely access it, but leave more time to take the train between the terminals.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:34 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Even allowing for the extra time to get there/back the MH F lounge should be the obvious choice. It isn't though. Personally, I find the regional lounge to have the best balance of decent service/food/beverage/views ambience although can get rammed full. The F lounge is usually uncrowded but is an epic fail in all departments IME. YMMV, as usual.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Even allowing for the extra time to get there/back the MH F lounge should be the obvious choice. It isn't though. Personally, I find the regional lounge to have the best balance of decent service/food/beverage/views ambience although can get rammed full. The F lounge is usually uncrowded but is an epic fail in all departments IME. YMMV, as usual.
Not really. Someone who values the quiet solace of the MH F lounge would differ in opinion.
TGflyergirl likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:46 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by carrotjuice

Not really. Someone who values the quiet solace of the MH F lounge would differ in opinion.

Yes, I agree, some will want the relative calm of the "F" lounge - but I made it clear in my post it was my personal view/opinion - and I will take the bustle of the J Regional over the peaceful deadly dull "F" lounge any day. Its good to have the choice, I must say!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:45 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

These days, any lounge, from MH Regional, Satellite, First, or even domestic, is better than sitting in the [at times overcrowded] terminal seating.
NoY likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:45 am

I was in the F lounge for the first time a few weeks ago, I agree that the space itself is not that good but the food in the restaurant was amazing, by far the best meal I have had in any F lounge. I have been to QF F SYD/MEL, EK F DXB, Concorde LHR, Wing and Pier HKG and TG F BKK to compare.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:25 am
NoY

Originally Posted by Croupier

I was in the F lounge for the first time a few weeks ago, I agree that the space itself is not that good but the food in the restaurant was amazing, by far the best meal I have had in any F lounge. I have been to QF F SYD/MEL, EK F DXB, Concorde LHR, Wing and Pier HKG and TG F BKK to compare.
This is intended for comedic purposes, right? No, really, just a genuine question.
quinzinho and kennycbr like this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by NoY
This is intended for comedic purposes, right? No, really, just a genuine question.
No I’m actually being serious.

Best breadbasket I have had in a lounge:

Freshest not over cooked prawns, love an old school prawn cocktail.

Curry Laksa to die for, beats any CX noodle soup.

Authentic curries were beautifully cooked aromatic and spiced, the rice was fluffy and light.

Menu on the night

Unfortunately I was to full to try any of the deserts.
Perhaps I got lucky at the MH F lounge or unlucky at all the other F lounges I have been to? Or maybe its because I love Spicy Food.

Compared to my last dinner in MEL QF F which was soggy calamari and a super thin overcooked tasteless piece of snapper this was miles in front.

Green Chicken Curry I had in Thai F lounge was mediocre, I've had much better from night market stalls for 50 thb
quinzinho and NoY like this.

Last edited by Croupier; Nov 22, 2018 at 11:28 am
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:42 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by Croupier

No I’m actually being serious.

Best breadbasket I have had in a lounge:

Freshest not over cooked prawns, love an old school prawn cocktail.

Curry Laksa to die for, beats any CX noodle soup.

Authentic curries were beautifully cooked aromatic and spiced, the rice was fluffy and light.

Menu on the night

Unfortunately I was to full to try any of the deserts.
Perhaps I got lucky at the MH F lounge or unlucky at all the other F lounges I have been to? Or maybe its because I love Spicy Food.

Compared to my last dinner in MEL QF F which was soggy calamari and a super thin overcooked tasteless piece of snapper this was miles in front.

Green Chicken Curry I had in Thai F lounge was mediocre, I've had much better from night market stalls for 50 thb
Wow. That does look appetizing Perhaps I need to stick only to Asian food, which I love @:-) Am there in December so will give a try & report back ^
Croupier likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:33 am

I think the disparity in comments about the MH F lounge is likely due to one thing IMHO: Choice of food. It serves up very good local cuisine, and at the same time, crap western food. Order a steak (which i suspect had meat glue in it) - and you'll shake your head in disappointment. Order a daging masak merah, tambah daging, tambah kuah, tambah apa apa yang boleh ditambah, kasi pedas giler, and it's a whole different ballgame......
kt74 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
I think the disparity in comments about the MH F lounge is likely due to one thing IMHO: Choice of food. It serves up very good local cuisine, and at the same time, crap western food. Order a steak (which i suspect had meat glue in it) - and you'll shake your head in disappointment. Order a daging masak merah, tambah daging, tambah kuah, tambah apa apa yang boleh ditambah, kasi pedas giler, and it's a whole different ballgame......
Agree. Cathay Lounges offer a much better mix of quality local + western food for example. MH unfortunately has too much of a local Malay focus, also reflected in alcohol offerings or lack thereof. Makes a bit of sense since they've only got 1 European route left and are now just a regional airline, but it's a pity still.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Now I am getting excited about the F lounge in a week's time, I will be arriving on an MH F ticket, onwards on a MH Y ticket, but my OWE status should still give me access to the F lounge and what looks like very tasty local cuisine? ☺
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Knodde
Now I am getting excited about the F lounge in a week's time, I will be arriving on an MH F ticket, onwards on a MH Y ticket, but my OWE status should still give me access to the F lounge and what looks like very tasty local cuisine? ☺
That is correct. Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.