Which Lounge in KLIA

Old Nov 23, 18, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by quinzinho View Post
That is correct. Enjoy!
...actually that was earlier in the thread, and I had read it before...just get so excited when I see food... But thanks!
Old Nov 23, 18, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Croupier View Post
Compared to my last dinner in MEL QF F which was soggy calamari and a super thin overcooked tasteless piece of snapper this was miles in front.
Looking forward to my visit in a month. Haven't tried the prawn cocktail yet. Hopefully with champagne if they have it?

As frequent visitor of both SYD & MEL F lounge and routinely order the calamari aka Salt & Pepper squid here is my take.
- on average SYD does it better than MEL, but standards are falling. Too greasy and too little flour/breading. Sometimes served cold.
- I have eaten this more than once on the same day about 3/4 hours apart and the evening one SYD is usually much better. Probably down to a shift change in chef.
- Please! please! give your waiter feedback immediately. Or the chef will continue to cook it poorly the same way for others and for you next time.
- Please also tell them when it is good. Eg. Not greasy, not soggy, crispy.
Old Nov 24, 18, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl View Post
I think the disparity in comments about the MH F lounge is likely due to one thing IMHO: Choice of food. It serves up very good local cuisine, and at the same time, crap western food. Order a steak (which i suspect had meat glue in it) - and you'll shake your head in disappointment. Order a daging masak merah, tambah daging, tambah kuah, tambah apa apa yang boleh ditambah, kasi pedas giler, and it's a whole different ballgame......
100% this! (Tho don't know about the off-menu suggestion... something to try next time? )

I love their Ayam Percik, or the wonton soup when there. Their Caesar's salad is good tho.

Last edited by crackjack; Nov 24, 18 at 3:40 am
Old Nov 28, 18, 5:39 pm

You may also visit the CX lounge if itís open, and thatís my new favourite place to perch after having a meal at MH F. Great Chinese soups on offer. Leave enough time if you have a main terminal gate though as itís in the C gates too.
Old Dec 5, 18, 7:00 pm

Programs: BA*G, KrisFlyer
I visit the MH F lounge about twice a month in transit from Singapore to India/ China. The F lounge does serve champagne - you can ask for a glass in the main lounge or with your meal in the dining room. I forget the brand, but itís perfectly ok and the staff are happy to top up your glass (you may have to ask though as, understandably, itís not a place where theyíre exactly encouraging you to drink alcohol).

I find the menus a bit limited/ uninspiring - usually the fish as a main dish is good and I like the trifle to finish. Soups can be good too. Breakfast - I like that they halve Alpen (but not the UHT milk) and the omelettes are usually ok. However I find the best coffee is from the baristas in the J lounges - usually grab one in the regional lounge if I can.

However, as a recent visitor to lounges in Mumbai (GVK), Singapore (Qantas J), Sydney/ Melbourne (Quantas F) and London (BA F and CCR), MH could still go a long way to improve their F dining.

Dont get get me wrong, I really like the F lounge for its peace and quiet, decent showers and the staff are friendly - I just donít rate itís food that highly.