FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Malaysia Airlines | Enrich (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich-758/)
-   -   MH not following OW lounge access rules (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich/1938211-mh-not-following-ow-lounge-access-rules.html)

ermen Oct 30, 2018 10:09 pm

MH not following OW lounge access rules

So I was flying KA out of KUL today.

Wanted to drop by the MH Regional J lounge.

Was denied access at the front counter - they said CX/KA pax are only permitted access at the Satellite MH J lounge per some agreement.

i told them about the OW rules - this is clearly a breach. but no avail. lounge was dead empty.

funny enough, in Jan was allowed in no problem.

this is crap. really a third world airline operation.

Frayed_Yak Oct 31, 2018 10:59 am

Originally Posted by ermen (Post 30375604)

Was denied access at the front counter - they said CX/KA pax are only permitted access at the Satellite MH J lounge per some agreement.

i told them about the OW rules - this is clearly a breach. but no avail. lounge was dead empty.

The MH Regional J Lounge isn't even a OneWorld lounge according to the website.

kaffir76 Oct 31, 2018 3:15 pm

Out of curiosity, any particular reason you wanted to enter the MH Regional lounge vs. the CX or MH Satellite lounge instead?
And what exactly is a "3rd world airline op ..."?

carrotjuice Oct 31, 2018 3:48 pm

Don’t want the hassle to take the sky train and long walk, when the regional lounge could be nearer to the gates?

Then again, CX / KA would be flying from C gates which is closer to the satellite lounge? Curious too.

ermen Oct 31, 2018 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak (Post 30377533)
The MH Regional J Lounge isn't even a OneWorld lounge according to the website.

Originally Posted by kaffir76 (Post 30378547)
Out of curiosity, any particular reason you wanted to enter the MH Regional lounge vs. the CX or MH Satellite lounge instead?
And what exactly is a "3rd world airline op ..."?

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 30378661)
Don’t want the hassle to take the sky train and long walk, when the regional lounge could be nearer to the gates?

Then again, CX / KA would be flying from C gates which is closer to the satellite lounge? Curious too.

Regional J lounge had a better children's area with those rocking horses and a tent. Satellite has one but not as good.. but to be fair - at least there was an area to park the kids away from the main lounge.

Third world operation is something where there is no rule of law. MH planes are not clean. Now they do not follow / make up some arbitrary OW rules...

Really figuring out under what rule can they deny a OW pax access (apart from over-crowding)... unless of course I am wrong as mentioned by a poster that the Regional J is no longer a OW lounge (is it or is it not?).. then they shouldn't put the Emerald and Sapphire ovals outside the lounge...

brbear Nov 1, 2018 12:46 am

Originally Posted by ermen (Post 30379381)
Really figuring out under what rule can they deny a OW pax access (apart from over-crowding)... unless of course I am wrong as mentioned by a poster that the Regional J is no longer a OW lounge (is it or is it not?)

Yeah, the Regional J lounge no longer seems to be listed as a OW lounge: https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/KUL/-1 (Was it there in the past? I'm not certain but I could have sworn so.)

Still, there's worse that goes on in OW than redirecting pax to the flagship lounge. Thinking of QR and their craptacular, dedicated OW pax lounges. :-)

razza1889 Nov 1, 2018 2:47 am

you go write them a letter sista! *rofl*

ashkale Nov 1, 2018 6:22 am

obviously a mistake- can happen time to time, write in to KA to complain!

SLGO Nov 1, 2018 6:38 am

Speaking of KUL, I was once denied access by CX lounge when holding MH domestic J ticket. OW rule? Forget about it.

d00t Nov 1, 2018 9:02 am

In fairness, the way Malaysians communicate in English sometimes means the opposite of what they are trying to actually tell you.
They were probably trying to say "CX/KA customers are invited to use the Satellite lounge", aka: your gate is at Satellite so go over there.

Regional lounge 100% is for Oneworld pax...unless things have changed in the past few weeks ;-)

ermen Nov 1, 2018 9:13 am

Originally Posted by d00t (Post 30381043)
In fairness, the way Malaysians communicate in English sometimes means the opposite of what they are trying to actually tell you.
They were probably trying to say "CX/KA customers are invited to use the Satellite lounge", aka: your gate is at Satellite so go over there.

Regional lounge 100% is for Oneworld pax...unless things have changed in the past few weeks ;-)

guy at front desk was extremely polite and always had a smile even though i was getting annoyed... still i do not know why he would not let me in if it was a OW lounge. i appreciate he thinking its nearer my gate... but... i have my specific reasons why i wanted to go into the regional J lounge at the time...

SilverChris Nov 1, 2018 11:33 am

I've been incorrectly denied entry into lounges of SQ, BR, UA, AA, DL, QF, CA, OZ, LH, QR and MH. In some cases I was able to politely escalate the matter on the spot, while I wasn't as lucky with the rest. Still, I haven't encountered a denial that left me so emotional that I made unnecessary remarks. If the lounge was really worth dying for, I might do the necessary follow up post-flight, which involves an objective account of what happened. No name-calling, no shaming the organisation as a whole. Beyond that, there's really not much else I can say or do that would be productive.