Booking error

Old Sep 15, 18, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Booking error

is there any of you that ever face a situation where after completing the payment but booking is error but money has been deducted from bank account. I emailed MAS regarding this issue and they confirmed my booking failed and told me to check with my bank as their payment portal didn't deduct any money from my account. So where the money went to and how can I get my refund ?
Old Sep 15, 18, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by kagell View Post
is there any of you that ever face a situation where after completing the payment but booking is error but money has been deducted from bank account. I emailed MAS regarding this issue and they confirmed my booking failed and told me to check with my bank as their payment portal didn't deduct any money from my account. So where the money went to and how can I get my refund ?
yup. Has happened to me. The charge may be credited back automatically by the bank within 24-48hrs. It took me overnight for the charge to be reversed on my Cr card.
kagell likes this.
Old Sep 15, 18, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zawnet View Post

yup. Has happened to me. The charge may be credited back automatically by the bank within 24-48hrs. It took me overnight for the charge to be reversed on my Cr card.
Did you contact your bank ? It has been 2 days and I still haven't receive my refund
Old Sep 15, 18, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by kagell View Post
Did you contact your bank ? It has been 2 days and I still haven't receive my refund
I did but they simply noted the error and reassured me that the system will auto-reverse the transaction without any manual intervention - which it did.

Not sure if the delay that you are experiencing is due to the non-business days/ wkend.
Old Sep 17, 18, 6:07 am

Happened to me in August when I used Unionpay. Direct-debited from my bank account immediately. Reservation didnít ticket because MH portal failed to capture payment. Although they could see I made the transaction. Took 3 weeks of calls to MH before they refunded. Also told me to check with my bank since their portal didnít accept payment. How is it then they were able to fully refund me three weeks later?

Their finance department never responded to any emails. A most incompetent finance department. Phone agents were fine but they were unable to get through to finance/accounts. A complete waste of my time because they couldnít figure out their own system.

When I had a similar issue with unionpay and CX, it was resolved within minutes. They were able to recapture payment and ticket the reservation when I called.

Last edited by bchang; Sep 17, 18 at 6:12 am Reason: Typo
Old Sep 17, 18, 6:44 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Don't hold high expectations. I had biz fare ICN-KUL-AKL return - super low price 'Z' fare (1200 USD) last year, but then I needed to cancel. The Seoul MH office deals only with ticketing, and cannot process refunds. So, it took over 3 months to receive my refund. Call centre was difficult to deal with, so I called the KL office which at least acknowledged that refund was 'under action' (but oh so slowly).

A previous time when MH had a proper office in Seoul, it took 3 weeks.