Using the lounge on arrival at KUL

Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Using the lounge on arrival at KUL

Hi, will be arriving from BOM on the night flight, which reaches KUL at 7:05 am. We are in J. Can we use the lounge for a few hours before going into town, in case our rooms are not ready? One complication is that we will each have a checked bag.

Alternatively, is there any landside lounge we can access using priority pass? This is just till we get the all clear from the hotel. We are arriving Christmas Day, so my fear is all the hotels will be booked up, so no chance of early check in. Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by BabyBearNewYork
Hi, will be arriving from BOM on the night flight, which reaches KUL at 7:05 am. We are in J. Can we use the lounge for a few hours before going into town, in case our rooms are not ready? One complication is that we will each have a checked bag.

Alternatively, is there any landside lounge we can access using priority pass? This is just till we get the all clear from the hotel. We are arriving Christmas Day, so my fear is all the hotels will be booked up, so no chance of early check in. Thanks!

Just show your J boarding pass on arrival in KUL whilst still airside and you may access the lounge.
(Note that departing and arriving pax mix airside at KUL as security screening is done at the individual departure gates)

Your bags should be fine. If they are no longer at the designated carousel when you head out, just go to the MH baggage office to claim them - the ground staff would have stored them. The MH baggage office is located at the far right of the baggage claim area.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much! Good to know we can use the lounge. Does it hsve showers?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Yes.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:58 pm

Yes, and nap rooms as well and of course, food and various seating areas. I recommend you use the lounge located at the satellite terminal (where the C departure gates are) as this is larger.

If your arriving aircraft parks at the main terminal (parking bays A or B corresponding to International gates G or H), just take the train in the centre area to get to the satellite terminal (C gates). The lounge would be one floor above where the train stops at the satellite building.

I find the satellite lounge to be less busy than the smaller regional lounge located in the main terminal building during the morning hours where there are more regional narrowbody departures. But given your Christmas travel period, it may be quiet anyway.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Hi guys,

I was going to start a new thread but this thread's subject is close enough to mine, so I might just ask on here.

If I am arriving on BA33 in F from BA and have an onward connection on the same ticket on MH domestic to LGK but in Y, which lounge would I have access to (if any) ?

Cheers
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Nizar
Hi guys,

I was going to start a new thread but this thread's subject is close enough to mine, so I might just ask on here.

If I am arriving on BA33 in F from BA and have an onward connection on the same ticket on MH domestic to LGK but in Y, which lounge would I have access to (if any) ?

Cheers
Frankly, if you have no status, the answer is none.

But depending on your transit time at KUL, you may try your luck with the MH satellite lounge (same building where the BA aircraft parks). But dont get too disappointed if entry is denied.

You may be able to buy lounge access through the MH website via Manage Booking but this will be for the domestic lounge which I dont think is worth what MH is charging for.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Zawnet

Frankly, if you have no status, the answer is none.

But depending on your transit time at KUL, you may try your luck with the MH satellite lounge (same building where the BA aircraft parks). But dont get too disappointed if entry is denied.

You may be able to buy lounge access through the MH website via Manage Booking but this will be for the domestic lounge which I dont think is worth what MH is charging for.
Would it make a difference if I arrived on MH metal in F ?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:14 am

Would it make a difference if I arrived on MH metal in F ?
Big difference. All arriving F and business pax on MH international flights will have access to the lounge. This is clear.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Zawnet

Big difference. All arriving F and business pax on MH international flights will have access to the lounge. This is clear.
Which lounge though given my next flight is domestic ?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:28 pm

Which lounge though given my next flight is domestic ?
use the satellite lounge but allocate time to go through transit immigration at the main terminal building (one floor down where the train stops) before heading to your domestic departure gate A or B.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:25 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I was wondering, that given @Nizar's case of arriving on BA F, shouldn't the OP have access to the domestic Golden Lounge by the very least, based on OW lounge access rules?

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
I am though surprised that the connecting flight is booked into Y rather than J/C.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope
I was wondering, that given @Nizar's case of arriving on BA F, shouldn't the OP have access to the domestic Golden Lounge by the very least, based on OW lounge access rules?

I am though surprised that the connecting flight is booked into Y rather than J/C.
It would be nice if BA F comes with lounge access as that has more availability than MH F and seems like it may be a better experience ?

The flight is an award. Probably no availability in J on the domestic sector.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:25 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

It would be nice if BA F comes with lounge access as that has more availability than MH F and seems like it may be a better experience ?

The flight is an award. Probably no availability in J on the domestic sector.
De jure, by OW rules, you should get lounge access, regardless your travel class on the short haul sector. So you should definitely try

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.