status match Imposible?

Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
The main reason for not using Qatar is that firstly they took first off from Doha to Bangkok and my preferred use is to upgrade and secondly the decision that you do not get lounge access if you purchase upgrade from economy and third my status is no longer gold with Qatar

SilverChris regardless the criteria are impossible for Europeans and Nearly impossible for Malaysians
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ermen
i think the criteria for MH status matches is very plain and transparent.

i dont have much sympathy for OP here given they failed to properly read the terms and conditions for the SC match which had been laid out for the whole world to see on their website (and having the 50K or whatever points transfer into Enrich is quite a high hurdle).

impossible or not impossible to achieve is irrelevant - i mean MH is not indebted to the OP or obliged to give accelerated status. OP can always reject the status match criteria and choose to build status on MH the old fashion way.

what's not right though is that MH took 2 months to reply instead of the 2 weeks.
You make a fair point in that I only read the top part of the process as far as submitting the relevant documentation (the three simple steps on the status match procedure)

However where I do diverge is that for a non Malaysian/resident the criteria are impossible and indeed I wonder how many Malaysians would qualify who were not already members.

Will I build up loyalty in the old fashioned way well much will depend on my experience when I fly with them after all having been loyal to Etihad for a number of years as the product went downhill them I went AWOL but certainly whilst the product was excellent and my status recognized I was not tempted by cheaper options
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by amnicoll

It strikes me that Malaysia Airlines are not really interested in trying to attract the loyalty of potential customers who have become disenchanted with their previous preferred airline with such impossible hurdles
More like MH don't want 'junk elites' who are only interested in matching for the card with no interest in flying. The terms on their website are clear as others have pointed out. Sounds to me as if the program was designed to attract a specific type of passenger. Kudos to MH.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do credit cards available outside of Malaysia, such as various AmEx cards, permit transfer to MH miles?

The four week window seems to force someone to purchase close to full fare tickets for the two sectors in first or business class.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by d00t
More like MH don't want 'junk elites' who are only interested in matching for the card with no interest in flying. The terms on their website are clear as others have pointed out. Sounds to me as if the program was designed to attract a specific type of passenger. Kudos to MH.
I do want to fly with them hence the application
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:35 pm

As I've said in Enrich Status Match Program...

When you see Google Forms you know they are not serious

With no offense, obviously T&Cs of their match already indicates that it's not for you but for very limited a few local customers..Come on, MH has been desperately trying to make more money for recent years and you wouldn't really hope them to hand out candies with ease, do you?

Last edited by LuoboTiX; Sep 15, 2018 at 8:35 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.