Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

MH morning flight Check in open time at LHR ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

What time do the MH check in desks open at LHR for the morning MH3 10:25 departure to KUL ? Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
What time do the MH check in desks open at LHR for the morning MH3 10:25 departure to KUL ? Thanks.
Not sure but my guess is 3 hours before the scheduled departure time.

Globalist
clubeurope likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:22 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I am also quite sure that it was 3 hours before departure. Though in spite of that, in my experience I've arrived 4 hours before departure to find a very long line already being formed despite check in still closed, back when they operated the A380.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:29 pm
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
It's still 3 hours prior to departure, lines naturally form because everyone wants to check in first (and bag the 'premium' economy seats). Only two flights a day so they don't staff the counters outside of the morning/evening flight times.

Would drop in the suggestion of going as early as possible, MH have been known to cancel the morning flight if loads are low. Unlikely though since it is still the school holidays (or at least coming to the end of it).
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Most likely 3 hours before dep. MH is not known to open their counters early for check in at outports.
In HKT, it was 2 hours dep. on a 738 & HKG 3 hours on an A330
I did not check out the extra legroom seats on the A350 on the outbound but on the inbound to KUL, the cabin crew in charge made an announcement selling those seats for RM200+ or so.
Wasn't really paying attention as there were too many announcements being made in 3 languages throughout the flight (Bahasa, English & Mandarin)
But there were no takers & that section was left empty except for the 2 pax that were already there during boarding.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by kaffir76
Most likely 3 hours before dep. MH is not known to open their counters early for check in at outports.
In HKT, it was 2 hours dep. on a 738 & HKG 3 hours on an A330
I did not check out the extra legroom seats on the A350 on the outbound but on the inbound to KUL, the cabin crew in charge made an announcement selling those seats for RM200+ or so.
Wasn't really paying attention as there were too many announcements being made in 3 languages throughout the flight (Bahasa, English & Mandarin)
But there were no takers & that section was left empty except for the 2 pax that were already there during boarding.
In HKG, the exception is when you check in at the express train stations - which usually accepts checkin on the calendar date for MH and these can mean many hours before the flight.
clubeurope likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.