Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH KUL Check-In opening times

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by crackjack
It’s the same as the online check-in option, save for the extra document checks. It’s all that’s needed for when you are travelling carry-on only (which I prefer these days).

You can use the storage options at KLIA, if needed.

Note that even SQ’s Early check-in @ Changi reads as follows:
“Early Check-In Time: Up to 48 hrs before departure. Please note that baggage check-in and entry into the transit area are only available 24 hrs before departure.”
That's why HKG is better than SIN.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Question

I'll be flying into KLIA on Malindo (yikes) tomorrow, and connecting on MH First Cla..... uh.... I mean "Suites Business Class" to Seoul Incheon.

Fairly certain I can't interline my bags from Malindo to MH, so I'm going to go landside at KLIA and grab my bag from the Malindo flight, then immediately check it for the MH one..... But the MH flight is like 10 hours later..... Will I be allowed to check in and get airside again? I can't do online checkin (never works for me), but will they give me a boarding pass that early?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Paella747
, but will they give me a boarding pass that early?
Yes. no problem with that.
Paella747 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
I'll be flying into KLIA on Malindo (yikes) tomorrow, and connecting on MH First Cla..... uh.... I mean "Suites Business Class" to Seoul Incheon.

Fairly certain I can't interline my bags from Malindo to MH, so I'm going to go landside at KLIA and grab my bag from the Malindo flight, then immediately check it for the MH one..... But the MH flight is like 10 hours later..... Will I be allowed to check in and get airside again? I can't do online checkin (never works for me), but will they give me a boarding pass that early?
yes.
Paella747 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:36 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Thanks! ^
I loves me some FT!
Now to decide on the Suites Business Lounge vs. a few hours in that Sama-Sama Express hotel...... :-:
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: Enrich
If you plan to get some good quality of sleep, go sama sama express!

If you just plan to get a shower, rest your feet, some food and free wifi, go for lounge
Paella747 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:35 am

Fairly certain I can't interline my bags from Malindo to MH, so I'm going to go landside at KLIA and grab my bag from the Malindo flight, then immediately check it for the MH one.....
See this, perhaps you won't need to go landslide?

As a last resort, however, on my last trip through KLIA, a sign on the transfer desk stated that they could assist with transferring bags to the next flight (Iassume this was based on the bag not being tagged before); definitely something I could use every now and again!

Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:36 am

Red face

Originally Posted by dici
If you plan to get some good quality of sleep, go sama sama express!

If you just plan to get a shower, rest your feet, some food and free wifi, go for lounge

I'm thinking that I'll want a bit of sleep..... and a private bathroom..... for the time I'm there....
So I'm leaning toward the SSExpress.
But the website says the rooms come with "bathroom amenities". I'm assuming they come with private bathrooms & showers as well, yes? It's not like they come with the amenities, but then you visit a community bathroom?

It'd be nice to have a meal in the MH lounge, go to sleep a few hours, and then go back for another meal before the flight......
Plus the views from the SSExpress look fun.....
Thanks for your input! ^
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:39 am

Smile

See this, perhaps you won't need to go landslide?

OOOhhhh...... Thank you! I may have to look into that.... But I would still need to check in for my MH flight......
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:53 am

OOOhhhh...... Thank you! I may have to look into that.... But I would still need to check in for my MH flight......
You can check-in at the MH transit desk itself. They will do all the document checks at the transit desk itself, just give them your passport.

Last edited by crackjack; Dec 28, 2018 at 6:42 am
Old Apr 25, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: UA
Reviving this old thread to see if the same procedure is still valid post covid.
Can I check in my luggage around 8-10 hours prior to MH flight? Also, is MH's check-in counter open 24h in KLIA?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by a5un
Reviving this old thread to see if the same procedure is still valid post covid.
Can I check in my luggage around 8-10 hours prior to MH flight? Also, is MH's check-in counter open 24h in KLIA?
Unfortunately nobody answered the question. However, I would also be interested to know from which time you can check in your luggage.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by TobiD87
Unfortunately nobody answered the question. However, I would also be interested to know from which time you can check in your luggage.
Answering my own question:
I was able to check in my luggage about 8 hours before the flight and did it around midnight. Definite thumbs up for MH check-in counter in KLIA. Now if they would only accommodate transferring luggage using airside transfer desk, it'll be 2 thumbs up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.