Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

So far no smooth flying for me with MS...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold

I have finally decided to explore the world and take a few flights with other (than BA) airlines. MH is my second airlines in this quest so far and, I have to say, it’s been a challenge dealing with MH so far... As my corporate policy prescribes, I purchased my tickets through a corporate appointed travel agent.

The first issue has come when I downloaded MH app on my phone. It was a smooth download but the app keeps crushing. It opens, but does not allow to use ANY function and then crashes after 10 or so seconds. Suppose, it is not a big issue - I can use paper boarding passes (even though I don’t like them). Is anyone else experiencing same issues?

The second issue is inability to choose seats... I thought that - as emerald oneworld - I will be able to do it well before the flight. Is is not the case? If it is, where on the site do I find this option? I opened my reservation, but couldn’t find it.

thanks in advance for your time
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
While MH can be a pain, both of these issues do not exist for me. App works fine. Maybe to do with your phone or it's platform?

Seat selection can be done at booking, I'm only Sapphire. However as you say , your travel agent does that for you. They should be able to do so...
Otherwise, I'd assume you can login with your PNR and simply change it online, but no such experience. Last resort is calling them to fix it.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Good luck calling them (except in Malaysia). I am traveling in Germany and had a schedule change to a wrong flight (will miss connection). Calling Frankfurt gets you recording and holding forever. Calling LAX (only M-F after 9am) gets me someplace else who tells me I have to call KUL to reissue the tickets.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: CX Silver
Originally Posted by tenn_ace
The second issue is inability to choose seats... I thought that - as emerald oneworld - I will be able to do it well before the flight. Is is not the case? If it is, where on the site do I find this option? I opened my reservation, but couldn’t find it.
My experience with MAS several years ago was you were not able to pick your seats online if your ticket is purchased through a travel agent.

In all honesty, getting hold of someone from MAS who is empowered to do anything has been increasingly difficult after the rounds and rounds of cutbacks since MH370.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Call them. Seat selection is free for Emerald.

Super easy.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by tenn_ace
I have finally decided to explore the world and take a few flights with other (than BA) airlines. MH is my second airlines in this quest so far and, I have to say, it’s been a challenge dealing with MH so far... As my corporate policy prescribes, I purchased my tickets through a corporate appointed travel agent.<br /><br />The first issue has come when I downloaded MH app on my phone. It was a smooth download but the app keeps crushing. It opens, but does not allow to use ANY function and then crashes after 10 or so seconds. Suppose, it is not a big issue - I can use paper boarding passes (even though I don’t like them). Is anyone else experiencing same issues?<br /><br />The second issue is inability to choose seats... I thought that - as emerald oneworld - I will be able to do it well before the flight. Is is not the case? If it is, where on the site do I find this option? <strong>I opened my reservation, but couldn’t find it.</strong><br /><br />thanks in advance for your time
Same here, quite an annoyance when you just want to view your booking in MMB & select seats for an upcoming flight.

Originally Posted by quinzinho
While MH can be a pain, both of these issues do not exist for me. App works fine. Maybe to do with your phone or it's platform?<br /><br />Seat selection can be done at booking, I'm only Sapphire. However as you say , your travel agent does that for you. They should be able to do so...<br />Otherwise, I'd assume you can<strong> login with your PNR and simply change it online</strong>, but no such experience. Last resort is calling them to fix it.
Haven't been able to log in to MMB the last couple of days, but was able to last month for a flight to BKK. Calling in is truly the last resort.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Just a quick update -

I think it's my fault for transposing my first name & last name during the booking process. Still trying to figure out how/why via old emails & past bookings.

P/S - OP probably meant MH instead of "MS"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.