Cost cutting? No more guava juice.

Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:23 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RttlnSnK
That was surprising. Always ordered one when I am in the 737 J-class. I liked the guava juice but I always thought it taste exactly like https://eshop.tesco.com.my/groceries...cts/7070377278 which you can see, is not very expensive..
it probably is....
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by RttlnSnK
That was surprising. Always ordered one when I am in the 737 J-class. I liked the guava juice but I always thought it taste exactly like https://eshop.tesco.com.my/groceries...cts/7070377278 which you can see, is not very expensive..
Agree it probably was this. And I noticed many times in the 737 J guava juice is usually the most popular drink. Therefore really do not understand why they would scrap it.
I can confirm tomato juice (quite a hot topic recently) IS available though!
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
just got off KUL- KCH and guava was available and also offered as pre-departure drink.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
Data point: Flew 4 legs BKK-KUL this week, guava juice was available on all of these.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Last week I did SIN-KUL-PEN-KUL-SIN. Guava juice available on the Singapore sectors, not on domestic sectors anymore. So there I switched to tomato juice
​​​​​​
Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:02 am

I read somewhere (I'm quite sure it was an MH menu) that the Guava Juice is only available ex-KUL, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by clubeurope
I read somewhere (I'm quite sure it was an MH menu) that the Guava Juice is only available ex-KUL, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
it is indeed on the MH menu. just off KUL-HKG in J and menu Guava Juice had an astrix stating it was only for flights departing KUL. Although I'm quite sure that footnote has been in there for years, even on flagship MH 1-4 KUL-LHR-KUL. Back then flight crew told me that only KUL caterers had Guava Juice so if they had any left over it would be offered on the return flight.

Had a few domestic flights in J last week, and all had Guava.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by wantan
Back then flight crew told me that only KUL caterers had Guava Juice so if they had any left over it would be offered on the return flight.
That would make much sense
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:33 am

Hello everyone,

Id just like to share an observation on our supposedly beloved guava juice...

For whatever reason, the FAs were using trolleys in J on a short KUL- CGK hop I just got off off, and on it was the guava juice bottle. It looked definitely store-bought, with all the branding and packaging. I recall it being called go fresh or something along the lines of those two words.

Despite that I cant seem to find anything online about it.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
No issues with guava juice on my past few flights
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

It's really hit and miss for me. Basically 1 out of 4 flights have it still.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:52 pm

No issues for me. 100% availability so far.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: FB Platinum Life | BA Gold | TK Elite | IHG Platinum | Club Carlson Silver | Marriott Gold
Same here. Flew on their 737 to KUL today and Guava juice was pro-actively offered.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:38 am

YMMV. all four of my flights from a few days ago had guava juice on offer, though on the non ex-KULs they ran out very quickly... not very nice for people seated in row 3-4.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: FB Platinum Life | BA Gold | TK Elite | IHG Platinum | Club Carlson Silver | Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by clubeurope
YMMV. all four of my flights from a few days ago had guava juice on offer, though on the non ex-KULs they ran out very quickly... not very nice for people seated in row 3-4.
My flight was non ex-KUL yesterday. With many takers the crew was able to serve the guava juice to all rows with an about 80% load in J.
clubeurope likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.