Search

Lost Baggage Help

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Lost Baggage Help

Hello Everyone

One of my friends has an issue with his lost bag with MAS that has been going on some time now and he is having difficulty resolving.

Due to IRROPS his original routing was changed from TYO-SIN to route on MAS TYO-KUL-SIN and somewhere during the MAS legs the bag was lost.

He has had no luck with Aerotracer and has a real struggle to get through and talk to anyone at MAS. Does anybody on here have a good contact email / phone / name that would help?

Thank you in advance
Old May 26, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Was the original bags tagged as TYO to SIN? When did the IRROPS happen? What was the original route? Was the bags retagged?

At Singapore, the baggage is handled by DNATA and they are very good. If your Friend contacted them upon arrival in Singapore, let them handle it.
Old May 27, 2018, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Hi Guy Betsy

Thanks for this - IRROPS happened ex NRT his AA flight from DFW was late inbound so he missed his JAL flight to SIN hence routing via MH.

I'll let him know re DNATA - good shout
Old May 27, 2018, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Sounds like the bag might still in Tokyo! This is troubling especially if his bag is tagged on JL but he’s on MH halfway on his journey. Although it might up to the airport agent to advise the baggage handlers, it doesn’t necessarily work in this case. MH may not even have the proper details to trace his bag! Did he receive a new baggage tag? If no, then he must contact JL cos I think his bag might have been out on a separate flight on JL direct to Singapore and did not follow him in MH.

Check with JL handling agent in Singapore. I have a feeling it’s sitting at lost baggage in Singapore already... but with JL and not with MH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.