Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crackjack
To kick off the wiki on the new main lounge thread I added a brief overview of the MH lounges at KLIA.
I invite others to add relevant info on location, access requirements and opening hours.
Globalist

All the Malaysia Airlines lounges at KL International Airport (KLIA) have now been reopened after renovations.

Malaysia Airlines has 3 lounges at KLIA.

The KLIA Domestic Golden Lounge.
Located in the domestic terminal for domestic departures, towards the 'A' gates. Open 5am-12am.

The KLIA Regional Golden Lounge
This lounge is located in the main terminal building for international departures. Open 5am-12am.

To access it use the escalator near the Aerotrain platform between the G and H pier.

This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only,

The International Golden Lounge at Satellite KLIA
This is the largest lounge, and is located in the Satellite Building on the 2nd floor above the Aerotrain platform there. Open 24hrs.

It features a Business class section and a separate 'Platinum' area + dining room for Enrich Platinum, OWEs & MH Business Suites passengers. (There is also a small First Class Suite area on the Platinum side for MH Business Suites passengers.)

This lounge is airside and only accessible by passengers allowed into the international zone.

[This perk may have been stopped as of 1 March 2024, even if the FAQ is not updated and still shows the earlier access rights; see this post.]
This lounge may also be used as an arrivals lounge by passengers arriving on MH flights who either flew MH Business Suites / Business or hold Enrich Platinum / Gold status (not applicableto OWE / OWS).

Print Wikipost

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:20 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by poopbunny
I am here at the lounge again and it is night. I still got the paper napkin but some others got linen. Maybe it is down to what I ordered, ie, noodle (snack?) rather than the sea bass or something more substantial.

This time however, they ran out of champagne.

Service is quite attentive and good.
it’s remarkable how inconsistent this is. I’m at the dining room and see that everyone is given a paper napkin as opposed to a linen one (perhaps long laundry times :P)
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Zawnet
.......That is a OW lounge
Not according to the OW website:
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/kul/-1

But I shall try the Regional lounge as I guess there is a good chance I will get in.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by minz56

But I shall try the Regional lounge as I guess there is a good chance I will get in.
the sign outside the entrance says OneWorld Sapphire and Emerald though. I guess it just depends where your flight departs, in my experience, they're more reluctant to let you in if your flight departs from Satellite. YMMV though.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
They will probably direct you to use the one at the Satellite concourse if your flight departs from there (takes an extra 5-10 mins incl. train time to get from one to another). I find the one in Satellite lounge nicer and more spacious than the Regional lounge, the only exception being during morning and late evening peak when the Satellite lounge is swarmed.

I have always managed to get into the Regional whenever I depart from the G/H gates as a OWE (and also C gates, but they'll just remind me that it takes time to travel to the satellite concourse).
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: Enrich
I'm also prefer the satellite if time permitted as regional lounge seems abit smaller. However, the disadvantage for satellite golden lounge is the dessert always running out

Anyway, only satellite business lounge is 24 hours
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL

It is according to the OW logo on the signs inviting Sapphire and Emerald members. There have been some reports of being directed to the Satellite lounge if departing on a partner OW flight but some polite insistence would usually suffice.
Globalist likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by SilverChris
It is according to the OW logo on the signs inviting Sapphire and Emerald members. There have been some reports of being directed to the Satellite lounge if departing on a partner OW flight but some polite insistence would usually suffice.
I attribute it to staff trying to be helpful in their own way.
If your flight departs from satellite, and you try to enter the regional lounge the staff might feel it is more convenient for you to be in the satellite lounge and redirects you. That said, some polite insistence will always work out well.
I have had it before at satellite while my flight to Singapore departed 3 hours later from the main terminal, and after listening to the fact there are no boarding calls and they are not accountable if I take too long to get there I give a friendly smile and an acknowledgement of that I still got in the lounge as an OWE.

Globalist
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:33 pm

Looking forward to trying this next month
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:43 pm

After passing KUL a few times this month, I noticed a few things about the Platinum dining area.

First, it felt like linen napkins are only used for dinner and not breakfast.

Second, how long are they going to keep not replacing the shower room mats. They are disgusting.

Finally, it feels sad that the orange juice they serve, even in the “Platinum” section is the same orange fluorescent liquid you find on board.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by clubeurope
After passing KUL a few times this month, I noticed a few things about the Platinum dining area.

Second, how long are they going to keep not replacing the shower room mats. They are disgusting.

Finally, it feels sad that the orange juice they serve, even in the “Platinum” section is the same orange fluorescent liquid you find on board.
I second your comments. But I've come to peace with it since my OWE membership cost me much lesser than it would at say, CX or BA.
MH is just not a premium product, so as long as prices reflect this I'm ok with it. Still it puzzles me how nobody thinks of replacing those shower mats.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by clubeurope

Linen napkins at breakfast last week.
But totally agree about the "orange" "juice" (I'm pretty sure neither of those words is accurate to describe that stuff).
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by MKE-MR
Linen napkins at breakfast last week.
But totally agree about the "orange" "juice" (I'm pretty sure neither of those words is accurate to describe that stuff).
I've never seen linen napkins at lunch in several visits these past few months. Table linen yes. Cloth/linen napkins never.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:51 am

Paper serviettes today evening, as well as a few days before for breakfast. Looks like this is very inconsistent.

(What is consistent is the wonton soup... always tasty!)
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: Enrich
Actually I prefer laksa... I like the fact that they offer different laksa every weeks. Since different state has different kind of laksa, so far I manage to get Asam Laksa, Sarawak, Kelantan...
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:00 am

Apparently the F side now has a high tea menu from 3-6pm. Sample Menu as attached.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.