Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crackjack
To kick off the wiki on the new main lounge thread I added a brief overview of the MH lounges at KLIA.
I invite others to add relevant info on location, access requirements and opening hours.
Globalist

All the Malaysia Airlines lounges at KL International Airport (KLIA) have now been reopened after renovations.

Malaysia Airlines has 3 lounges at KLIA.

The KLIA Domestic Golden Lounge.
Located in the domestic terminal for domestic departures, towards the 'A' gates. Open 5am-12am.

The KLIA Regional Golden Lounge
This lounge is located in the main terminal building for international departures. Open 5am-12am.

To access it use the escalator near the Aerotrain platform between the G and H pier.

This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only,

The International Golden Lounge at Satellite KLIA
This is the largest lounge, and is located in the Satellite Building on the 2nd floor above the Aerotrain platform there. Open 24hrs.

It features a Business class section and a separate 'Platinum' area + dining room for Enrich Platinum, OWEs & MH Business Suites passengers. (There is also a small First Class Suite area on the Platinum side for MH Business Suites passengers.)

This lounge is airside and only accessible by passengers allowed into the international zone.

[This perk may have been stopped as of 1 March 2024, even if the FAQ is not updated and still shows the earlier access rights; see this post.]
This lounge may also be used as an arrivals lounge by passengers arriving on MH flights who either flew MH Business Suites / Business or hold Enrich Platinum / Gold status (not applicableto OWE / OWS).

Print Wikipost

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2018, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by NoY
Visited the F lounge for lunch today. Truly dreadful food. Cold soup. Yes, cold, could barely call it lukewarm. Chicken dish, hideous. Tough & overcooked. The potatoes were like bullets. What the heck? The champagne (de Venoge ) was chilled & surprisingly nice though.
Otherwise just bad, plain bad.
Ordered the tagliatelle a few days ago; pasta so overcooked it was falling apart. Caesar salad doused in dressing too.
Old May 26, 2018, 7:16 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Ordered the tagliatelle a few days ago; pasta so overcooked it was falling apart. Caesar salad doused in dressing too.
Sorry to hear that. Incidentally, I left the F lounge & went into the J side following my non-meal. Many items were identical to those offered in the F side. Same soup, same pasta options, etc.

As I was scouting the lunch options the Head Chef appeared by my shoulder & asked what he could prepare for me (he got the word from F staff) He then prepared spaghetti aglio olio which was perfectly al dente & pretty tasty.

The whole catering side needs a damned good kick up the butt & some decent management. Otherwise it will continue to be amateur hour. They need to get themselves over to CX HKG lounges & get a shot of quality & expertise in action.

So sad really, because the hard product is now pretty decent.
Old May 27, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NoY
Sorry to hear that. Incidentally, I left the F lounge & went into the J side following my non-meal. Many items were identical to those offered in the F side. Same soup, same pasta options, etc.

As I was scouting the lunch options the Head Chef appeared by my shoulder & asked what he could prepare for me (he got the word from F staff) He then prepared spaghetti aglio olio which was perfectly al dente & pretty tasty.

The whole catering side needs a damned good kick up the butt & some decent management. Otherwise it will continue to be amateur hour. They need to get themselves over to CX HKG lounges & get a shot of quality & expertise in action.

So sad really, because the hard product is now pretty decent.
As disappointing as your experience was in the beginning I'll give them some credit for service recovery with the Head Chef addressing your concerns. I'm sure he in turn will be taking closer attention on the pasta doneness with his line cooks.

I have not had the spaghetti aglio olio in the new F lounge, but had it in the new main terminal lounge and found it really nice..
haroon145 likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 6:19 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
As disappointing as your experience was in the beginning I'll give them some credit for service recovery with the Head Chef addressing your concerns. I'm sure he in turn will be taking closer attention on the pasta doneness with his line cooks.

I have not had the spaghetti aglio olio in the new F lounge, but had it in the new main terminal lounge and found it really nice..
Yes, indeed, & I thanked him for making an effort. The problem is, the last experience I had in the MH F lounge (pre-renovation) was similarly very poor. I really wanted this to be good but no, it was just plain awful.

Just as another point of interest, I was asked if I wanted coffee. I asked if they could make a flat white coffee. Yes, they said. Oh no, they cannot! It was pretty much undrinkable milky white coffee. Well-intentioned but, as I said, amateur-ish to say the least.

I actually considered going to the Plaza Premium Lounge as they serve very decent Barista-made coffees, although by this time I was all but defeated.
Old May 28, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
just went through the Domestic Lounge 5pm - 6pm , and they had only 1 Tray on the Hot Buffet ... being crab cakes & curry puffs. Just wondering if this is a fasting month thing, or have they cut out the usual rice & meat dish ?

Noddle station & sandwiches were still there. Also very strange how we have to request for soft drinks ....
Old May 28, 2018, 2:45 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by NoY
They need to get themselves over to CX HKG lounges & get a shot of quality & expertise in action.
Don't speak too soon:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post29759591
Old May 28, 2018, 2:56 am
NoY

Originally Posted by sxc
LOL - quite aware of this too! Still MUCH better than Golden Lounges, IMHO
Old May 28, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
I was in the golden Lounge KUL last night and had the Chicken with pesto and potatoes and I have to say Bad really Bad, cold chicken hard cold potatoes the only good item was the plum tomatoes I should have listened upthread and gone elsewhere to eat. I also asked for a Cognac and I had to leave before I saw anybody to ask again an hour later, that's poor very poor first world problem I know but that's the flagship lounge at their home base. Sorry rant over.
John
clubeurope likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 11:32 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by thejohn
I was in the golden Lounge KUL last night and had the Chicken with pesto and potatoes and I have to say Bad really Bad, cold chicken hard cold potatoes the only good item was the plum tomatoes I should have listened upthread and gone elsewhere to eat. I also asked for a Cognac and I had to leave before I saw anybody to ask again an hour later, that's poor very poor first world problem I know but that's the flagship lounge at their home base. Sorry rant over.
John
Once bitten.........
Old May 29, 2018, 5:58 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I'm rather disappointed with their laksa bar. For something so advertised, it was very underwhelming and by no means tasted good.

The fact that its usually served rather cold didn't help.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope
I'm rather disappointed with their laksa bar. For something so advertised, it was very underwhelming and by no means tasted good.

The fact that its usually served rather cold didn't help.
I so very agree!! Everything in the Golden Lounge tastes a bit sub par these days... from the penang laksa to the curry chicken, to the lamb mini burgers (hard and cold), even the nasi lemak sambal (how can the national airline get the national dish in its home city wrong?)

All the items mentioned taste tepid and lame.
clubeurope likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Been to the old First lounge a few times. Loved the food but there was a lack of seats. Has the seating situation improved?
Old May 31, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Been to the old First lounge a few times. Loved the food but there was a lack of seats. Has the seating situation improved?
I was in the lounge last month between 8pm and 9pm and it was not crowded at all. Lots of seating areas in the Gallery I took pictures which you can find here.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
Has anyone tried sleeping overnight in the Satellite Lounge in the nap rooms? If someone could share their experience. as I'm considering it for an upcoming trip in August
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Sozee
Has anyone tried sleeping overnight in the Satellite Lounge in the nap rooms? If someone could share their experience. as I'm considering it for an upcoming trip in August
Haven’t slept but have laid there for half hour or so and was dying to leave. The sofa material isn’t so “breathable” and generally feels warm quickly, also air circulation isn’t great in the napping area. Generally rather uncomfortable - I can’t imagine spending the night there and not feel miserable the morning after.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.