Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crackjack
To kick off the wiki on the new main lounge thread I added a brief overview of the MH lounges at KLIA.
I invite others to add relevant info on location, access requirements and opening hours.
Globalist

All the Malaysia Airlines lounges at KL International Airport (KLIA) have now been reopened after renovations.

Malaysia Airlines has 3 lounges at KLIA.

The KLIA Domestic Golden Lounge.
Located in the domestic terminal for domestic departures, towards the 'A' gates. Open 5am-12am.

The KLIA Regional Golden Lounge
This lounge is located in the main terminal building for international departures. Open 5am-12am.

To access it use the escalator near the Aerotrain platform between the G and H pier.

This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only,

The International Golden Lounge at Satellite KLIA
This is the largest lounge, and is located in the Satellite Building on the 2nd floor above the Aerotrain platform there. Open 24hrs.

It features a Business class section and a separate 'Platinum' area + dining room for Enrich Platinum, OWEs & MH Business Suites passengers. (There is also a small First Class Suite area on the Platinum side for MH Business Suites passengers.)

This lounge is airside and only accessible by passengers allowed into the international zone.

[This perk may have been stopped as of 1 March 2024, even if the FAQ is not updated and still shows the earlier access rights; see this post.]
This lounge may also be used as an arrivals lounge by passengers arriving on MH flights who either flew MH Business Suites / Business or hold Enrich Platinum / Gold status (not applicableto OWE / OWS).

Print Wikipost

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, OneWorld (BA) Emerald
I have just got back from the MH F Lounge;

YOu can access the F part of the lounge if you are OWE, but you can not access the First Class Suite, but dont worry its a waste of time anyway! Its just a sitting room with 2 TVs, that they don't have the remotes for!

The Main F Lounge

Inside the First Suite

Large Shower

Private Bathroom

Last edited by EK004 Regular; Apr 12, 2018 at 5:29 am
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Looks awesome!

Definitely many steps up from the old lounge.
Slumber room can definitely do with some noise insulation from the hallway.
I wasn’t expecting individual slumber rooms for J pax anyways.

Definitely many steps up from the old lounge.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thumbs up

OK so 1 thing I noticed is that the lounge staff & cleaning crew are very diligent in keeping the tables & floors near & tidy.
I like it - well done MAS! :-::-:
#MASboleh
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Sorry my mistake. I meant if flight is in F from SIN on day 2, would I have F access in KUL on Day 1, since it seems to be common practice at MH to grant arrival lounge access.
Quite confused but nonetheless, please report back if u did gain entry into the F lounge at KUL. I'm sure u will definitely enjoy the QF/BA F lounge in SIN at T1.

Originally Posted by SilverChris
If I understand correctly, you want to access F the lounge on Day 1 after arriving from BKK? If they follow the rules, I doubt you'd be given F access on the basis of Day 2's F boarding pass. That said, I'd expect it to be a YMMV situation, so there's no harm in asking, especially if you've printed all the onward boarding passes.

You'll probably be given F access on Day 2 but you might have to remind them of the OW rules, as I doubt they encounter this situation often.

Regardless, the J side should suffice. In some ways it's actually better than the F side.
Did u mean "Day 1" instead of "Day 2" because he'll definitely get access to the F lounge in SIN on Day 2.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:43 am

I was in the F lounge the other day, and EVERY table (yes, I kid you not - including myself) ordered the ayam percik and snapper, and trifle for dessert. They tasted great!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kaffir76
Quite confused but nonetheless, please report back if u did gain entry into the F lounge at KUL. I'm sure u will definitely enjoy the QF/BA F lounge in SIN at T1.

Did u mean "Day 1" instead of "Day 2" because he'll definitely get access to the F lounge in SIN on Day 2.
Full itinerary is
Day 1
BKK-KUL (MH C)
Day 2
KUL-SIN(MH C)-MEL(QF F)
Day 3
MEL-AKL(QF C)

I was asking about F lounge on Day 1 on the basis of being an F passenger although I wouldn't be entitled to any lounge access according to OW rules in KUL on Day 1, it seems like MH would at least let me in the C lounge based on their own policy. OW rules dictate access to the F side on Day 2 if I understand them correctly.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:12 am

Full itinerary is
Day 1
BKK-KUL (MH C)
Day 2
KUL-SIN(MH C)-MEL(QF F)
Day 3
MEL-AKL(QF C)

I was asking about F lounge on Day 1 on the basis of being an F passenger although I wouldn't be entitled to any lounge access according to OW rules in KUL on Day 1, it seems like MH would at least let me in the C lounge based on their own policy. OW rules dictate access to the F side on Day 2 if I understand them correctly.
If you are OWE, you would have access to the F lounge. If not, the J lounge.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:27 am

Day 2
KUL-SIN(MH C)-MEL(QF F)
Are these the same ticket / PNR?

A flexible interpretation of OW’s lounge access rules is required to gain access to a lounge on the basis of the second PNR booking class. See relevant post here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...6&postcount=29

However, there is no interpretation where you are entitled to ‘F’-side access on Day 1, though it always comes down to the staff at the desk at the end of the day...

Originally Posted by kaffir76
... the QF/BA F lounge in SIN at T1.
Wait, which QF/ BA F lounge??
(Concorde Bar is separate from OW F access rules...)

Last edited by crackjack; Apr 15, 2018 at 3:34 am
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
It is one ticket.

I'm aware I don't have access on Day 1 according to OW rules so I was wondering if MH was more generous since they seem to be about C arrival lounge access.

Also, is the satellite C lounge or regional C lounge better?

Last edited by 1353513636; Apr 15, 2018 at 6:13 pm
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:29 pm

Hmm, so I have a question I really like the satellite lounge, I have an upcoming flight with Malaysia airlines domestic connecting flight to be exact, I would like to shower after an Intl arrival, can I access the golden satellite lounge with a domestic BP?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Ashi777
Hmm, so I have a question I really like the satellite lounge, I have an upcoming flight with Malaysia airlines domestic connecting flight to be exact, I would like to shower after an Intl arrival, can I access the golden satellite lounge with a domestic BP?
I don't see why not.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Ashi777
Thats quite a valid excuse to use the international lounge - and which you can have access to before heading to transit immigration for your domestic flight - as the sole shower facility in the domestic lounge seems to be no longer available for some reason.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:18 pm

It is one ticket.

I'm aware I don't have access on Day 1 according to OW rules so I was wondering if MH was more generous since they seem to be about C arrival lounge access.

Also, is the satellite C lounge or regional C lounge better?
MH likely does not have a specific policy for this kind of situation, given how unique it is. As others have mentioned, you likely won’t have access to the ‘F’ side on Day 1, but it will not hurt to ask (with F boarding pass in hand if possible).

Do update here with your experience after the trip.

(You should get F-side access in KUL on Day 2, but even that is technically not guaranteed, as you are not ‘travelling between’ in KUL to / from the long-haul... again, though, waving the F boarding pass at them should work.)

I’d say go with the Satellite lounge; it can be more crowded but is also much larger, and the food & facilities are much improved. The bar though... not sure how one makes a bad rum & coke from branded alcohol (i.e. non-spurious), but they somehow did.

Last edited by crackjack; Apr 16, 2018 at 10:25 pm
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Visited the F Lounge last night for the first time. Went straight to the restaurant and ordered the grilled sea bass and tropical fruit trifle which were both very good There were many Japanese guests in the restaurant during my visit, due to a JAL flight departing around 11pm. Otherwise the rest of the lounge (The Gallery) was very quiet
Old May 26, 2018, 7:09 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Visited the F lounge for lunch today. Truly dreadful food. Cold soup. Yes, cold, could barely call it lukewarm. Chicken dish, hideous. Tough & overcooked. The potatoes were like bullets. What the heck? The champagne (de Venoge ) was chilled & surprisingly nice though.
Otherwise just bad, plain bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.