Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crackjack
To kick off the wiki on the new main lounge thread I added a brief overview of the MH lounges at KLIA.
I invite others to add relevant info on location, access requirements and opening hours.
Globalist

All the Malaysia Airlines lounges at KL International Airport (KLIA) have now been reopened after renovations.

Malaysia Airlines has 3 lounges at KLIA.

The KLIA Domestic Golden Lounge.
Located in the domestic terminal for domestic departures, towards the 'A' gates. Open 5am-12am.

The KLIA Regional Golden Lounge
This lounge is located in the main terminal building for international departures. Open 5am-12am.

To access it use the escalator near the Aerotrain platform between the G and H pier.

This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only,

The International Golden Lounge at Satellite KLIA
This is the largest lounge, and is located in the Satellite Building on the 2nd floor above the Aerotrain platform there. Open 24hrs.

It features a Business class section and a separate 'Platinum' area + dining room for Enrich Platinum, OWEs & MH Business Suites passengers. (There is also a small First Class Suite area on the Platinum side for MH Business Suites passengers.)

This lounge is airside and only accessible by passengers allowed into the international zone.

[This perk may have been stopped as of 1 March 2024, even if the FAQ is not updated and still shows the earlier access rights; see this post.]
This lounge may also be used as an arrivals lounge by passengers arriving on MH flights who either flew MH Business Suites / Business or hold Enrich Platinum / Gold status (not applicableto OWE / OWS).

Print Wikipost

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 3:59 am

The “beds”

Corriddor outside the slumber room (that darkened room on the right)
Originally Posted by kaffir76
Will someone be so kind as to take some pics of the slumber rooms in the J side of the lounge?
I'd like to see if the slumber room has better noise insulation & if the recliners/bed have been replaced with more comfortable ones.
Thanks in advanced!
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 4:59 pm

As a side note, the slumber rooms are similar in quality between the F and J side. On the F side, there are beds for 3 Female, 5 Male. The J side is 5 each.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Awesome! Thank you both!
It looks so much better than before!
I like the darkened ambiance, that should be what a slumber room should look like vs. what it was before
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:13 am

Note it’s not a slumber room, but more like multiple individual couches within one room. You’re “exposed” to others while slumbering, and can hear all the snores of others.

Awesome! Thank you both!
It looks so much better than before!
I like the darkened ambiance, that should be what a slumber room should look like vs. what it was before
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:18 pm

I'd like to see if the slumber room has better noise insulation
Unfortunately, the J nap area seems to take in noise from the corridor, which always sees traffic, as it leads to the restrooms / shower areas / prayer rooms. Not sure why they didn’t insulate it better... at least, should have put the dividing wall all the way up to the ceiling? (F side is more secluded, and therefore seemed less noisy?)

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Note it’s not a slumber room, but more like multiple individual couches within one room. You’re “exposed” to others while slumbering, and can hear all the snores of others.
Yes, it’s not a private room. It’s similar to sleeping on a plane, though; earplugs / mask will come in handy if you’re a restless sleeper. Else, there’s always Sama-Sama Express...
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:33 am

Does anyone know if arriving OWE passengers from international MH flights can access the MH F lounge? I recall reading this somewhere but cannot find it anymore.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:56 pm

The new lounges are nice, one thing that bothered me is that in the domestic lounge there are no shower facilities, quite frankly after a long international flight and having a domestic onward journey it would be nice to have a shower. The food offering in the domestic and regional is okay.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Ashi777
The new lounges are nice, one thing that bothered me is that in the domestic lounge there are no shower facilities, quite frankly after a long international flight and having a domestic onward journey it would be nice to have a shower. The food offering in the domestic and regional is okay.
You can use the international lounges before clearing immigration. Those have showers and are accessible with your domestic BP.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Ashi777
I'd swear there's 1 shower cabin in the bathrooms. Maybe somebody else can confirm.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Freddorick
Does anyone know if arriving OWE passengers from international MH flights can access the MH F lounge? I recall reading this somewhere but cannot find it anymore.

This thread?
Lounge access on arrival

[Edit]MH does still have this query addressed per their FAQ:
https://mhcare.malaysiaairlines.com/...language=en_US
Can I enter the Golden Lounge at KLIA if I'm travelling on Business Class from an international destination?

Answer: Business class passengers may enter the Golden Lounge at KLIA under these conditions:-
  • All passengers holding First and Business class ticket
  • Enrich Platinum or Gold cards
  • Upon purchase at the Lounge Reception
Note: Domestic and regional lounge passengers are allowed to utilize the lounge upon departure only. International lounge passengers are allowed to utilise the lounge for departure, transit and arrival.
Guess that explains why they don’t care for my arrival economy boarding pass, since it does not list non-Enrich OW status as an eligible condition (not to mention the Economy ticket).

Still, others have mentioned access to the ‘F’ side with OWE status before, perhaps already having met a condition for Golden Lounge entry separately (e.g. a Business ticket).

Last edited by crackjack; Apr 8, 2018 at 12:11 am
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by crackjack

This thread?
Lounge access on arrival

[Edit]MH does still have this query addressed per their FAQ:

Guess that explains why they don’t care for my arrival economy boarding pass, since it does not list non-Enrich OW status as an eligible condition (not to mention the Economy ticket).

Still, others have mentioned access to the ‘F’ side with OWE status before, perhaps already having met a condition for Golden Lounge entry separately (e.g. a Business ticket).
Thanks a lot!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Would I get acccess to the F side if I am flying MH inbound from BKK in J on Day 1, then outbound on MH in J to SIN on Day 2, and then from SIN to somewhere else on OW F (not MH) in the evening on Day 1? Based on my understanding of the OW lounge access rules, I would surely have access on Day 2.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Would I get acccess to the F side if I am flying MH inbound from BKK in J on Day 1, then outbound on MH in J to SIN on Day 2, and then from SIN to somewhere else on OW F (not MH) in the evening on Day 1? Based on my understanding of the OW lounge access rules, I would surely have access on Day 2.
I'm assuming you meant the evening of day 2.. In that case, yes, you would have access to the F lounge upon departure from KLIA on day 2.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I'm assuming you meant the evening of day 2.. In that case, yes, you would have access to the F lounge upon departure from KLIA on day 2.
Sorry my mistake. I meant if flight is in F from SIN on day 2, woiuld I have F access in Kul on Day 1, since it seems to be commin practice at MH to grant arrival lounge access.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Sorry my mistake. I meant if flight is in F from SIN on day 2, woiuld I have F access in Kul on Day 1, since it seems to be commin practice at MH to grant arrival lounge access.
If I understand correctly, you want to access F the lounge on Day 1 after arriving from BKK? If they follow the rules, I doubt you'd be given F access on the basis of Day 2's F boarding pass. That said, I'd expect it to be a YMMV situation, so there's no harm in asking, especially if you've printed all the onward boarding passes.

You'll probably be given F access on Day 2 but you might have to remind them of the OW rules, as I doubt they encounter this situation often.

Regardless, the J side should suffice. In some ways it's actually better than the F side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.