Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 30, 18, 7:15 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: crackjack
Wiki Link
To kick off the wiki on the new main lounge thread I added a brief overview of the MH lounges at KLIA.
I invite others to add relevant info on location, access requirements and opening hours.
Globalist

All the Malaysia Airlines lounges at KL International Airport (KLIA) have now been reopened after renovations.

Malaysia Airlines has 3 lounges at KLIA.

The KLIA Domestic Golden Lounge.
Located in the domestic terminal for domestic departures, towards the 'A' gates. Open 5am-12am.


The KLIA Regional Golden Lounge
This lounge is located in the main terminal building for international departures. Open 5am-12am.
To access it use the escalator near the Aerotrain platform between the G and H pier.
This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only,

The International Golden Lounge at Satellite KLIA
This is the largest lounge. It features a Business class section and a separate 'Platinum' area + dining room for Enrich Platinum, OWEs & MH F passengers. (There is also a small First Class Suite area on the Platinum side for MH F passengers.) Open 24hrs.
This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only. This lounge may also be used by arriving passengers on MH flights either having flown MH First / Business or with Enrich Platinum / Gold status only can also use this lounge - no access for OWE / OWS.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jun 19, 18, 1:07 pm
  #121  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Programs: Aeroplan
Posts: 778
Can anyone confirm the opening hours for the International Satellite lounges? Is it now 24 hours?
The website says 24 hours, but I trust FT more than the MH website!

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/...denlounge.html
Frayed_Yak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 18, 7:50 pm
  #122  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Malaysia
Programs: MH Platinum/ OW Emerald
Posts: 170
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak View Post
Can anyone confirm the opening hours for the International Satellite lounges? Is it now 24 hours?
The website says 24 hours, but I trust FT more than the MH website!

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/...denlounge.html
Believe I read here at least the bar closes at night. Not sure the lounge is open 24/7 either. Someone else can maybe confirm definitively.
quinzinho is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 18, 2:22 am
  #123  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 1,819
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak View Post
Can anyone confirm the opening hours for the International Satellite lounges? Is it now 24 hours?
The website says 24 hours, but I trust FT more than the MH website!

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/...denlounge.html

yep. Satellite is 24/7
TGflyergirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 18, 5:05 pm
  #124  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
Posts: 164
Hi All,

I think I know the answer to this but thought Iíd check. I am OWE (BA Gold) and on saturday will be travelling to Dubai on emirates EK345 which is an MH codeshare MH4503 in Economy.

Will my OWE status get me access to the lounge? I donít think so since it is booked on the EK number but wanted to check since am travelling with my boss and intend to guest him.

thanks.
duncgor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 18, 5:05 am
  #125  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Posts: 4,398
Originally Posted by duncgor View Post
Hi All,

I think I know the answer to this but thought Iíd check. I am OWE (BA Gold) and on saturday will be travelling to Dubai on emirates EK345 which is an MH codeshare MH4503 in Economy.

Will my OWE status get me access to the lounge? I donít think so since it is booked on the EK number but wanted to check since am travelling with my boss and intend to guest him.

thanks.
Not according to the OW rules. Departing flights must be OW operated AND marketed. You can try, but I would "pre-wire" your boss that you might not be admitted due to the rules..
teemuflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 18, 3:08 am
  #126  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Posts: 56
Does anyone knows if I am flying C Class on MH from KUL to Singapore - will I be able to use the international golden lounge at satelite building?
I am aware that MH flights to SIN usually use gates at the main terminal, hence the regional golden lounge (at main terminal) would probably be the one advised by check-in agents. However, I thought the international lounge would be a better one (less crowded with more seating/better food options?).
chinhk is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 18, 3:31 am
  #127  
Ritz-Carlton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: EDI, CGK
Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,544
Originally Posted by chinhk View Post
Does anyone knows if I am flying C Class on MH from KUL to Singapore - will I be able to use the international golden lounge at satelite building?
I am aware that MH flights to SIN usually use gates at the main terminal, hence the regional golden lounge (at main terminal) would probably be the one advised by check-in agents. However, I thought the international lounge would be a better one (less crowded with more seating/better food options?).
yes, you can.
clubeurope is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 18, 5:00 am
  #128  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Programs: Marco Polo Club, Krisflyer
Posts: 81
Originally Posted by chinhk View Post
Does anyone knows if I am flying C Class on MH from KUL to Singapore - will I be able to use the international golden lounge at satelite building?
I am aware that MH flights to SIN usually use gates at the main terminal, hence the regional golden lounge (at main terminal) would probably be the one advised by check-in agents. However, I thought the international lounge would be a better one (less crowded with more seating/better food options?).
Yes you can use the Satellite Lounge as well. If you want a even more quieter experience, you can also use the Cathay Pacific Lounge as well, which is quiet after their flights have departed
Sozee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 18, 5:06 am
  #129  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 239
It depends what time your flight to SIN departs. Between 930am to 12pm, the Satellite lounge is almost deserted.

And if your flight to SIN is the last one out, the regional lounge is also very quiet at time of the evening whereas the satellite lounge will be far more busy.
Zawnet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 18, 7:33 am
  #130  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire
Posts: 552
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak View Post
Can anyone confirm the opening hours for the International Satellite lounges? Is it now 24 hours?
The website says 24 hours, but I trust FT more than the MH website!

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/...denlounge.html
was there yesterday at 1130pm (using as arrival lounge) . front desk welcomed me and said lounge was 24h. was the only guest there (loads of staff) got myself a drink when a different staff came over looking smugly at her watch and told me lounge closes at midnight didn't argue and just "ok-ied" her. saw a few other staff partaking from the buffet ... is it really that hard for MH to keep discipline ?

wasn't approached again about lounge closing but I left around 1230am since it wasn't the most comfortable experience having staff glancing at you every few minutes ... and not attempting to clear the table at all.

Originally Posted by quinzinho View Post
Believe I read here at least the bar closes at night. Not sure the lounge is open 24/7 either. Someone else can maybe confirm definitively.
satellite lounge bar area was closed, but there was an ice bowl at the main buffet area with tiger, calsburg and 3 types of wines. no spirits.
wantan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 18, 5:10 pm
  #131  
Accor Contributor BadgeRitz-Carlton Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: EDI, CGK
Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,544
Originally Posted by wantan View Post
was there yesterday at 1130pm (using as arrival lounge) . front desk welcomed me and said lounge was 24h. was the only guest there (loads of staff) got myself a drink when a different staff came over looking smugly at her watch and told me lounge closes at midnight didn't argue and just "ok-ied" her. saw a few other staff partaking from the buffet ... is it really that hard for MH to keep discipline ?

wasn't approached again about lounge closing but I left around 1230am since it wasn't the most comfortable experience having staff glancing at you every few minutes ... and not attempting to clear the table at all.



satellite lounge bar area was closed, but there was an ice bowl at the main buffet area with tiger, calsburg and 3 types of wines. no spirits.
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak View Post
Can anyone confirm the opening hours for the International Satellite lounges? Is it now 24 hours?
The website says 24 hours, but I trust FT more than the MH website!

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/...denlounge.html
It's definitely 24 hours. I've recently made a painful overnight at the F-side of satellite. The restaurant at F closes at 2300 hrs I was told, and the J side buffet closes later. The F restaurant doesn't reopen until 0630 am or so, thus breakfast can be had at the J lounge buffet in the early hours of the morning.

The nap area at F lounge is really quite dreadful, it isn't soundproof so you'll hear every conversation from the main area of the lounge. The seats aren't very suitable for sleeping and is better for lounging, quite a significant change from the sleeping rooms in the past.
clubeurope is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 18, 10:32 pm
  #132  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 3,234
Yes I miss the previous F sleeping rooms behind lockable doors - right now sleeping in these lounge chairs is uncomfortable and ďexposedĒ!
clubeurope likes this.
carrotjuice is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 18, 12:33 am
  #133  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 57
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been discussed before, do you know if there is an area in the lounge (not the first wing) where I can have a call without disturbing everyone around (or being disturbed myself) ?

Best
Tom_D is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 18, 9:59 am
  #134  
Accor Contributor BadgeRitz-Carlton Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: EDI, CGK
Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,544
Originally Posted by Tom_D View Post
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been discussed before, do you know if there is an area in the lounge (not the first wing) where I can have a call without disturbing everyone around (or being disturbed myself) ?

Best
you can try the business centre just behind the entrance desks. Itís enclosed and Iíve never seen anyone use it. Just that Iím not sure if it still exists....
clubeurope is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 18, 4:24 am
  #135  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post


you can try the business centre just behind the entrance desks. Itís enclosed and Iíve never seen anyone use it. Just that Iím not sure if it still exists....
I'll try thanks
clubeurope likes this.
Tom_D is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread