Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crackjack
To kick off the wiki on the new main lounge thread I added a brief overview of the MH lounges at KLIA.
I invite others to add relevant info on location, access requirements and opening hours.
Globalist

All the Malaysia Airlines lounges at KL International Airport (KLIA) have now been reopened after renovations.

Malaysia Airlines has 3 lounges at KLIA.

The KLIA Domestic Golden Lounge.
Located in the domestic terminal for domestic departures, towards the 'A' gates. Open 5am-12am.

The KLIA Regional Golden Lounge
This lounge is located in the main terminal building for international departures. Open 5am-12am.

To access it use the escalator near the Aerotrain platform between the G and H pier.

This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only,

The International Golden Lounge at Satellite KLIA
This is the largest lounge, and is located in the Satellite Building on the 2nd floor above the Aerotrain platform there. Open 24hrs.

It features a Business class section and a separate 'Platinum' area + dining room for Enrich Platinum, OWEs & MH Business Suites passengers. (There is also a small First Class Suite area on the Platinum side for MH Business Suites passengers.)

This lounge is airside and only accessible by passengers allowed into the international zone.

[This perk may have been stopped as of 1 March 2024, even if the FAQ is not updated and still shows the earlier access rights; see this post.]
This lounge may also be used as an arrivals lounge by passengers arriving on MH flights who either flew MH Business Suites / Business or hold Enrich Platinum / Gold status (not applicableto OWE / OWS).

Print Wikipost

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Can anyone confirm the opening hours for the International Satellite lounges? Is it now 24 hours?
The website says 24 hours, but I trust FT more than the MH website!

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/...denlounge.html
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
Can anyone confirm the opening hours for the International Satellite lounges? Is it now 24 hours?

Believe I read here at least the bar closes at night. Not sure the lounge is open 24/7 either. Someone else can maybe confirm definitively.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:22 am

yep. Satellite is 24/7
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
Hi All,

I think I know the answer to this but thought I’d check. I am OWE (BA Gold) and on saturday will be travelling to Dubai on emirates EK345 which is an MH codeshare MH4503 in Economy.

Will my OWE status get me access to the lounge? I don’t think so since it is booked on the EK number but wanted to check since am travelling with my boss and intend to guest him.

thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by duncgor
Hi All,

I think I know the answer to this but thought I’d check. I am OWE (BA Gold) and on saturday will be travelling to Dubai on emirates EK345 which is an MH codeshare MH4503 in Economy.

Will my OWE status get me access to the lounge? I don’t think so since it is booked on the EK number but wanted to check since am travelling with my boss and intend to guest him.

thanks.
Not according to the OW rules. Departing flights must be OW operated AND marketed. You can try, but I would "pre-wire" your boss that you might not be admitted due to the rules..
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Does anyone knows if I am flying C Class on MH from KUL to Singapore - will I be able to use the international golden lounge at satelite building?
I am aware that MH flights to SIN usually use gates at the main terminal, hence the regional golden lounge (at main terminal) would probably be the one advised by check-in agents. However, I thought the international lounge would be a better one (less crowded with more seating/better food options?).
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:31 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chinhk
Does anyone knows if I am flying C Class on MH from KUL to Singapore - will I be able to use the international golden lounge at satelite building?
I am aware that MH flights to SIN usually use gates at the main terminal, hence the regional golden lounge (at main terminal) would probably be the one advised by check-in agents. However, I thought the international lounge would be a better one (less crowded with more seating/better food options?).
yes, you can.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
Originally Posted by chinhk
Yes you can use the Satellite Lounge as well. If you want a even more quieter experience, you can also use the Cathay Pacific Lounge as well, which is quiet after their flights have departed
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:06 am

It depends what time your flight to SIN departs. Between 930am to 12pm, the Satellite lounge is almost deserted.

And if your flight to SIN is the last one out, the regional lounge is also very quiet at time of the evening whereas the satellite lounge will be far more busy.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond

was there yesterday at 1130pm (using as arrival lounge) . front desk welcomed me and said lounge was 24h. was the only guest there (loads of staff) got myself a drink when a different staff came over looking smugly at her watch and told me lounge closes at midnight didn't argue and just "ok-ied" her. saw a few other staff partaking from the buffet ... is it really that hard for MH to keep discipline ?

wasn't approached again about lounge closing but I left around 1230am since it wasn't the most comfortable experience having staff glancing at you every few minutes ... and not attempting to clear the table at all.

Originally Posted by quinzinho
Believe I read here at least the bar closes at night. Not sure the lounge is open 24/7 either. Someone else can maybe confirm definitively.
satellite lounge bar area was closed, but there was an ice bowl at the main buffet area with tiger, calsburg and 3 types of wines. no spirits.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by wantan
was there yesterday at 1130pm (using as arrival lounge) . front desk welcomed me and said lounge was 24h. was the only guest there (loads of staff) got myself a drink when a different staff came over looking smugly at her watch and told me lounge closes at midnight didn't argue and just "ok-ied" her. saw a few other staff partaking from the buffet ... is it really that hard for MH to keep discipline ?

wasn't approached again about lounge closing but I left around 1230am since it wasn't the most comfortable experience having staff glancing at you every few minutes ... and not attempting to clear the table at all.

satellite lounge bar area was closed, but there was an ice bowl at the main buffet area with tiger, calsburg and 3 types of wines. no spirits.

It's definitely 24 hours. I've recently made a painful overnight at the F-side of satellite. The restaurant at F closes at 2300 hrs I was told, and the J side buffet closes later. The F restaurant doesn't reopen until 0630 am or so, thus breakfast can be had at the J lounge buffet in the early hours of the morning.

The nap area at F lounge is really quite dreadful, it isn't soundproof so you'll hear every conversation from the main area of the lounge. The seats aren't very suitable for sleeping and is better for lounging, quite a significant change from the sleeping rooms in the past.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:32 pm

Yes I miss the previous F sleeping rooms behind lockable doors - right now sleeping in these lounge chairs is uncomfortable and “exposed”!
clubeurope likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:33 am
Suspended

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been discussed before, do you know if there is an area in the lounge (not the first wing) where I can have a call without disturbing everyone around (or being disturbed myself) ?

Best
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Tom_D
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been discussed before, do you know if there is an area in the lounge (not the first wing) where I can have a call without disturbing everyone around (or being disturbed myself) ?

Best
you can try the business centre just behind the entrance desks. It’s enclosed and I’ve never seen anyone use it. Just that I’m not sure if it still exists....
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by clubeurope

you can try the business centre just behind the entrance desks. It’s enclosed and I’ve never seen anyone use it. Just that I’m not sure if it still exists....
I'll try thanks
clubeurope likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.