Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 30, 18, 7:15 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: crackjack
Wiki Link
To kick off the wiki on the new main lounge thread I added a brief overview of the MH lounges at KLIA.
I invite others to add relevant info on location, access requirements and opening hours.
Globalist

All the Malaysia Airlines lounges at KL International Airport (KLIA) have now been reopened after renovations.

Malaysia Airlines has 3 lounges at KLIA.

The KLIA Domestic Golden Lounge.
Located in the domestic terminal for domestic departures, towards the 'A' gates. Open 5am-12am.

The KLIA Regional Golden Lounge
This lounge is located in the main terminal building for international departures. Open 5am-12am.
To access it use the escalator near the Aerotrain platform between the G and H pier.
This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only,

The International Golden Lounge at Satellite KLIA
This is the largest lounge. It features a Business class section and a separate 'Platinum' area + dining room for Enrich Platinum, OWEs & MH F passengers. (There is also a small First Class Suite area on the Platinum side for MH F passengers.) Open 24hrs.
This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only. This lounge may also be used by arriving passengers on MH flights either having flown MH First / Business or with Enrich Platinum / Gold status only can also use this lounge - no access for OWE / OWS.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 15, 18, 10:37 am

Programs: MH, AC, AS
MH's very own TPR!
clubeurope likes this.
Old Mar 15, 18, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris View Post
MH's very own TPR!
And just like the TPR, privileged occupants of MH’s First Class Suite may order food from the suite’s own made-to-order menu, which is different (better?) than the one available in the dining room for the masses.
Old Mar 15, 18, 7:32 pm

Thanks, Zawnet! Doesn’t seem to be that big of a difference, guess it’s just about how crowded it’d be. With only 4 F seats in the A350s going forward (and whatever they offer with any A380s), guess it shouldn’t be too bad.
Still, being in the larger, more open ‘Plat’ area looks like it’d be more pleasant. Wonder where they’d eat said sit-down meals tho, doesn’t seem to have a great section for it?

And don’t worry, TGfg, I’m definitely with you not being on the list!
Old Mar 17, 18, 8:57 am

Just spent some time in the F lounge.

The overall decor is generally more pleasing and “sophisticated” although I quite liked the old F lounge furniture after their renovations of recent 3-4 years that already looked “clean”.

But one thing that kinda strikes me as out of place are the artwork frames. For all the money spent on renovations, you’d still see some frames are old looking (dirty brown wood and gold rims are so 1980s and prior!) that make the artwork generally feel somewhat incoherent with one another.Regarding opening hours, the satellite lounge closes at midnight. There are 5 male and 5 female nap couches in the F lounge. I was told the regional lounge opens 24 hours, but there are fewer nap couches - 3 male and 3 female.

Last edited by carrotjuice; Mar 17, 18 at 9:02 am
Old Mar 17, 18, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
Just spent some time in the F lounge.

The overall decor is generally more pleasing and “sophisticated” although I quite liked the old F lounge furniture after their renovations of recent 3-4 years that already looked “clean”.

But one thing that kinda strikes me as out of place are the artwork frames. For all the money spent on renovations, you’d still see some frames are old looking (dirty brown wood and gold rims are so 1980s and prior!) that make the artwork generally feel somewhat incoherent with one another.Regarding opening hours, the satellite lounge closes at midnight. There are 5 male and 5 female nap couches in the F lounge. I was told the regional lounge opens 24 hours, but there are fewer nap couches - 3 male and 3 female.
Those opening hours are temporary until they get to sort out all remaining small-ish issues with the satellite lounge. Once those are done, opening hours will revert to what they were previously : satellite will be open 24hrs and regional will close for a few hours after midnight.
Old Mar 17, 18, 11:34 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
What Champagne in F Lounge?

Anyone know what champagne they are offering in the F Lounge since they reopened?
Old Mar 18, 18, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
Anyone know what champagne they are offering in the F Lounge since they reopened?
Comte Audoin de Dampierre Grande Cuvee.
Old Mar 18, 18, 8:41 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post

Comte Audoin de Dampierre Grande Cuvee.
Is this served at J / Regional lounge as well ?
Old Mar 18, 18, 12:54 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wantan View Post
In the past one of the differences b/w J & Regional vs. F was the quality of the bubbles, Champagne in F, prosecco, or similar type of sparkling wine elsewhere.. I'd imagine for cost management purposes, this would continue to be the case. but someone else will need to confirm.
Old Mar 18, 18, 1:24 pm

It’s the same served inflight in J, so I assume so (though I didn’t go to the J side).

Old Mar 22, 18, 11:59 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A G, OW Saph.
hi guys, how do I request for a lounge guesting?

Last edited by Tokyoite; Mar 23, 18 at 4:48 am
Old Mar 23, 18, 12:36 pm

Programs: JL Premier | Marriott Platinum Elite | GE, TSA-Pre
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
hi guys, how do I request for a lounge guesting?
You're Oneworld Sapphire, so you can guest a person in right?
Old Mar 23, 18, 11:43 pm

Programs: THAI ROP SL, OZ GO, QR PC GO, SQ KF GO, LCAH GO, Marriott BONVOY SL, HILTON GO
Will someone be so kind as to take some pics of the slumber rooms in the J side of the lounge?
I'd like to see if the slumber room has better noise insulation & if the recliners/bed have been replaced with more comfortable ones.
Thanks in advanced!
Old Mar 23, 18, 11:53 pm

Programs: THAI ROP SL, OZ GO, QR PC GO, SQ KF GO, LCAH GO, Marriott BONVOY SL, HILTON GO
Is this served at J / Regional lounge as well?
The champagne was served to anyone who asked at the bar @ the Regional lounge on 15 Dec. when I was last there.
This was of course before the new Golden Lounge opened, tho' I'm not sure if it was meant to be that way.
Perhaps it was just easier for the bartender since at that time there wasn't a bar at the F section.
I'll post an update the next time I pass thru' KLIA.
Old Mar 24, 18, 12:39 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A G, OW Saph.
Originally Posted by lcpteck View Post
You're Oneworld Sapphire, so you can guest a person in right?
Saphire elapsed last year. I am a nobody in One World right now!

Search this Thread