Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crackjack
To kick off the wiki on the new main lounge thread I added a brief overview of the MH lounges at KLIA.
I invite others to add relevant info on location, access requirements and opening hours.
Globalist

All the Malaysia Airlines lounges at KL International Airport (KLIA) have now been reopened after renovations.

Malaysia Airlines has 3 lounges at KLIA.

The KLIA Domestic Golden Lounge.
Located in the domestic terminal for domestic departures, towards the 'A' gates. Open 5am-12am.

The KLIA Regional Golden Lounge
This lounge is located in the main terminal building for international departures. Open 5am-12am.

To access it use the escalator near the Aerotrain platform between the G and H pier.

This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only,

The International Golden Lounge at Satellite KLIA
This is the largest lounge, and is located in the Satellite Building on the 2nd floor above the Aerotrain platform there. Open 24hrs.

It features a Business class section and a separate 'Platinum' area + dining room for Enrich Platinum, OWEs & MH Business Suites passengers. (There is also a small First Class Suite area on the Platinum side for MH Business Suites passengers.)

This lounge is airside and only accessible by passengers allowed into the international zone.

[This perk may have been stopped as of 1 March 2024, even if the FAQ is not updated and still shows the earlier access rights; see this post.]
This lounge may also be used as an arrivals lounge by passengers arriving on MH flights who either flew MH Business Suites / Business or hold Enrich Platinum / Gold status (not applicableto OWE / OWS).

Print Wikipost

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thumbs down oh my .. the F lounge

Was not expecting a lot from my 1st visit to the F lounge but it was pretty under-whelming overall, especially the food choices
I didn't fancy the carb-overloaded tea set nor the dim sum, so I just had the laksa

Even then, you would think they could serve a bigger portion or if not, at least more toppings on it like the chicken & shrimp
It's basically the same as you would get from the J lounge next door but served to your table

Service was not attentive, and there were only 3 tables occupied when I was there
I could hear the staff chatting outside the kitchen from where I was seated
And only 1 of the ladies knew what she was doing ...

The biggest pro of this lounge is that it's really quiet unlike the J lounge which can get really packed
Other than that - I see no other advantage of this F lounge, only in name but definitely not in standards

Menu - afternoon tea

Champagne - kinda
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:48 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Looking online for the champagne, it does not seem like a cheap bottle - relatively. I don't even knew this house existed (though seems after searching online, to have quite some expensive ones too)...how was it?

Cheers!
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: Alaska
If arriving the night before and taking flight to HKG next morning, can I access Satellite golden lounge overnight?

Thanks.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: Enrich
I have once arrive from SIN in J at 10pm and depart to AOR next day noon time in Y, and I was able to enter golden lounge
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
If arriving the night before and taking flight to HKG next morning, can I access Satellite golden lounge overnight?

Thanks.
J and F side are open 24 hours, F restaurant has opening hours.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by dici
I have once arrive from SIN in J at 10pm and depart to AOR next day noon time in Y, and I was able to enter golden lounge
Thanks.

Where did you spend the night?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by lowjhg
J and F side are open 24 hours, F restaurant has opening hours.
Thanks.

I think I can only access J lounge.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: Enrich
Thanks.

Where did you spend the night?
J side Golden Lounge in Satellite Building, it is the only one open 24 hours at international terminal. The staff is extremely attentive during the midnight hour, I was doing some work on my laptop, they just worry that I did not know there is a napping room

The only complaint will be the napping room is not noise proof, so if you want to take a nap better bring noise cancellation headphone
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by dici
J side Golden Lounge in Satellite Building, it is the only one open 24 hours at international terminal. The staff is extremely attentive during the midnight hour, I was doing some work on my laptop, they just worry that I did not know there is a napping room

The only complaint will be the napping room is not noise proof, so if you want to take a nap better bring noise cancellation headphone
Thanks for the advice. So there is napping room in J side, too.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Thanks for the advice. So there is napping room in J side, too.
I had the same situation last year.
There are container beds to book in the satellite. Forgot the name. Easy to find I think even on booking. Com
I luved it. Reminded me of my youth.. Plus you get showers in the morning and champagne breakfast.
The bed is only like 40bucks.. Own air-conditioning. A quite place. Great for me. Anytime again.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 7:14 am

Hmmm, is this Napzone? Looks like they’re trying to follow on from Snooze KL, which did not even last 4 years...

I’m a fan of the Sama-Sama Express, but definitely pricier... not sure if they even make any money.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by crackjack
Hmmm, is this Napzone? Looks like they’re trying to follow on from Snooze KL, which did not even last 4 years...

I’m a fan of the Sama-Sama Express, but definitely pricier... not sure if they even make any money.
Yes
That's the one. I thought it was perfect for the price...
Old Feb 22, 2020, 12:11 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by crackjack
(What the rules are not clear on is whether an OWE / OWS would be allowed into the Satellite or Regional Golden Lounge if they have a domestic connection, i.e. prior to going through Malaysia immigration - some have reported success in the past, though staff do try to push to the Domestic Golden Lounge instead. However, such was basis the departing flight again, not the arrival flight.)
To add a bit of data on this, I've just arrived on an MH international flight, before a domestic connection. I'm OWS, traveling in Y. The lounge dragons did indeed quite forcefully suggest I should go to the domestic lounge instead, but when pushed did let me in to the regional lounge, but "just this once only".

So I'm happy, but I don't see how they could defend denying entry under the oneworld rules - I'm OWS, with a boarding pass for an onward oneworld flight, and this is a oneworld lounge. Why would it matter which bit of the terminal it's in...?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Deltus
To add a bit of data on this, I've just arrived on an MH international flight, before a domestic connection. I'm OWS, traveling in Y. The lounge dragons did indeed quite forcefully suggest I should go to the domestic lounge instead, but when pushed did let me in to the regional lounge, but "just this once only".

So I'm happy, but I don't see how they could defend denying entry under the oneworld rules - I'm OWS, with a boarding pass for an onward oneworld flight, and this is a oneworld lounge. Why would it matter which bit of the terminal it's in...?
While I agree you have the right to use any lounge as you wish, I somewhat see MH’s logic though - you’re entitled to use the lounge prior to your departure. Not arrival, as MH doesn’t have arrival lounges.

So in your case you’re departing to a domestic destination, which leaves from a separate area that requires you to first clear immigration when you arrive internationally. As your entry to the regional (or satellite, for the matter) lounge hasn’t yet “cleared immigration”, you technically haven’t been cleared to fly domestically - possibly a technicality that has been drilled into the lounge attendants.

That said, I’ve spent long hours at the satellite J and F lounges after arriving internationally and en route to a domestic flight. So this rule is somewhat YMMV. I personally don’t see the wrong in letting people choose which lounge to go to, provided you have sufficient time and plan to clear arrival immigration and arrive at your domestic departure gate on time.

FWIW, the regional and domestic lounges are comparable generally - same decor and furniture, same food and beverages.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:16 pm

I actually did not get into the international part when I was already in kul and flying domestic.
I was hoping to use the lounge but they would not let me as I'd have to leave the country which they would not let me other than in hel f. E.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.