Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crackjack
To kick off the wiki on the new main lounge thread I added a brief overview of the MH lounges at KLIA.
I invite others to add relevant info on location, access requirements and opening hours.
Globalist

All the Malaysia Airlines lounges at KL International Airport (KLIA) have now been reopened after renovations.

Malaysia Airlines has 3 lounges at KLIA.

The KLIA Domestic Golden Lounge.
Located in the domestic terminal for domestic departures, towards the 'A' gates. Open 5am-12am.

The KLIA Regional Golden Lounge
This lounge is located in the main terminal building for international departures. Open 5am-12am.

To access it use the escalator near the Aerotrain platform between the G and H pier.

This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only,

The International Golden Lounge at Satellite KLIA
This is the largest lounge, and is located in the Satellite Building on the 2nd floor above the Aerotrain platform there. Open 24hrs.

It features a Business class section and a separate 'Platinum' area + dining room for Enrich Platinum, OWEs & MH Business Suites passengers. (There is also a small First Class Suite area on the Platinum side for MH Business Suites passengers.)

This lounge is airside and only accessible by passengers allowed into the international zone.

[This perk may have been stopped as of 1 March 2024, even if the FAQ is not updated and still shows the earlier access rights; see this post.]
This lounge may also be used as an arrivals lounge by passengers arriving on MH flights who either flew MH Business Suites / Business or hold Enrich Platinum / Gold status (not applicableto OWE / OWS).

Print Wikipost

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by dici
The morning rush hour in regional lounge is crazy.... nasi lemak running out of nice
Haha... nasi lemak without nasi?!

Well if you face the same issue again, next time just ask them to make you some fresh waffles and eat with the rendang chicken - the combo actually makes quite an interesting Malay version of chicken n waffles!
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:42 pm

I have a question regarding lounge access. I am a BA Gold (Emerald) flying Y from KUL to SIN next week. My MH booking is through BA using Avios. I am flying together with 2 other persons in the same flight and they are adults. They have no status. Would I be able to bring them into the MH F lounge? We will be arriving around 1400. Or are they strict on the 1 guest rule?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
I expect they will enforce the 1 guest rule.
Furthermore you have to realize that the F lounge is at the satellite terminal and your flight to Singapore will depart from the main terminal. In other words, it's a shuttle train ride away which will eat up some of your time in both directions.
orbitmic and TravelManBiz like this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by quinzinho
I expect they will enforce the 1 guest rule.
Furthermore you have to realize that the F lounge is at the satellite terminal and your flight to Singapore will depart from the main terminal. In other words, it's a shuttle train ride away which will eat up some of your time in both directions.
Most of the time it's true (SIN flights depart from main concourse). The only flight that will depart and arrive at the satellite concourse is MH613/616 (operated by A330) and sometimes the occasional narrowbody from satellite too if there are a lot of long-haul connections.
TravelManBiz and kaffir76 like this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nov11
Most of the time it's true (SIN flights depart from main concourse).
The only flight that will depart and arrive at the satellite concourse is MH613/616 (operated by A330) and sometimes the occasional narrow-body from satellite too if there are a lot of long-haul connections.
Thanks for the info. I was just asking about the switch to the A330 so I guess it's been a month at least.
It's a good thing that I'm on those flights next month, & I'm looking forward to visiting the F Lounge for the 1st time.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: Enrich
The main terminal is also capable of boarding a330 aircraft, so you might have a chance to board from there. Usually some of aussie flight will board at main terminal.

But based on first class lounge review over here, you might disappointed, which business class lounge might provide better overall service quality except the noise.

For regional lounge, i believe there is a alcohol serving area, but I never go to check what they offer. I am mpre coffee drinker than alcoholic
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by dici
The main terminal is also capable of boarding a330 aircraft, so you might have a chance to board from there. Usually some of aussie flight will board at main terminal.
But based on first class lounge review over here, you might disappointed, which business class lounge might provide better overall service quality except the noise.
For regional lounge, i believe there is a alcohol serving area, but I never go to check what they offer. I am more coffee drinker than alcoholic
Good to know re: widebody aircraft at the Main terminal, I always assumed that the satellite gates are larger/wider to handle erm .. widebody A/C ..

Quite aware of disappointing MH F lounge reviews, & overall disappointing KLIA itself.
(I am 1/2 Malaysian after all)
But for the experience, I’ll try it once.
As I won’t retain OWE status next year.

What I’m really excited to try is the CX HKG Pier F lounge next month! :-:
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:57 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

If you'll be at MH Flounge for breakfast, I'd suggest skipping the restaurant and heading to the J lounge. The breakfast menu and spread is essentially plated J lounge food and it is very disappointing.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
some positive news to add, the Lounge noodles (Domestic, Regional and Satellite) laksa has improved vastly since the beginning of July. I've managed to sample 4 of the rotation/flavors and while still cannot match that of a good hawker, it now at least resembles its name. The prawns have grown in size as well !
orbitmic, poopbunny and clubeurope like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:04 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wantan
some positive news to add, the Lounge noodles (Domestic, Regional and Satellite) laksa has improved vastly since the beginning of July. I've managed to sample 4 of the rotation/flavors and while still cannot match that of a good hawker, it now at least resembles its name. The prawns have grown in size as well !
I recall trying a Sarawak Laksa last year, and it was nothing like the Sarawak Laksa I've had in Sarawak.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: Enrich
Talking

Sounds good. But for me who works long time in Singapore, I'm fine with any of them as long as not curry laksa...
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
I have a question regarding lounge access. I am a BA Gold (Emerald) flying Y from KUL to SIN next week. My MH booking is through BA using Avios. I am flying together with 2 other persons in the same flight and they are adults. They have no status. Would I be able to bring them into the MH F lounge? We will be arriving around 1400. Or are they strict on the 1 guest rule?
I was behind a group being refused this very privilege. So unless you have oodles of charm or inside influence, I don't reckon your chances.

It's likely you'll be at the main Terminal for SIN. I's really not worth the hassle of getting yourself over to the satellite for the F lounge. The regional lounge is fine.
orbitmic and teemuflyer like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
some positive news to add, the Lounge noodles (Domestic, Regional and Satellite) laksa has improved vastly since the beginning of July.
I had the Johor laksa at the domestic lounge this morning and that was indeed very nice and much better than what I had in recent trips! The nasi lemak looked more appetising too though I did not try it.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA Plt 2MM
The wiki says:

This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only. This lounge may also be used by arriving passengers on MH flights either having flown MH First / Business or with Enrich Platinum / Gold status only can also use this lounge - no access for OWE / OWS.

But the page pointed to in the link is about Business Class entry. The general FAQ page on entrance says:

Economy class passengers may enter the Golden Lounge under these conditions:-
  • If you are an Enrich Platinum or Gold Card member
  • If you present a valid voucher issued by Enrich
  • Point deduction by Enrich
  • If you are oneworld FQTV (Emarald and Sapphire)
That seems to imply that OWE and OWS can enter. Is the Wiki wrong, or is there something I'm missing?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:23 pm

The section in the wiki you quoted is about passengers solely arriving in KLIA and having access to Satellite Golden Lounge prior to going through immigration & customs. In that case, the FAQ explicitly noted only Business Class / Business Suites passengers and Enrich Platinum / Gold. Per the rules, OWE & OWS would not have access if in KLIA solely as arriving passengers.

OWE & OWS in Economy Class definitely can use the Golden Lounges if departing KLIA - if transiting through to an international destination, the departing flight is what would get an OWE or OWS in to the Satellite or Regional Golden Lounge.

(What the rules are not clear on is whether an OWE / OWS would be allowed into the Satellite or Regional Golden Lounge if they have a domestic connection, i.e. prior to going through Malaysia immigration - some have reported success in the past, though staff do try to push to the Domestic Golden Lounge instead. However, such was basis the departing flight again, not the arrival flight.)

[Edit] I have adjusted the wording in the wiki to try to make this more explicit. Feel free to adjust further as needed.

Last edited by crackjack; Sep 4, 2019 at 10:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.