Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crackjack
To kick off the wiki on the new main lounge thread I added a brief overview of the MH lounges at KLIA.
I invite others to add relevant info on location, access requirements and opening hours.
Globalist

All the Malaysia Airlines lounges at KL International Airport (KLIA) have now been reopened after renovations.

Malaysia Airlines has 3 lounges at KLIA.

The KLIA Domestic Golden Lounge.
Located in the domestic terminal for domestic departures, towards the 'A' gates. Open 5am-12am.

The KLIA Regional Golden Lounge
This lounge is located in the main terminal building for international departures. Open 5am-12am.

To access it use the escalator near the Aerotrain platform between the G and H pier.

This lounge is airside and accessible for international departures only,

The International Golden Lounge at Satellite KLIA
This is the largest lounge, and is located in the Satellite Building on the 2nd floor above the Aerotrain platform there. Open 24hrs.

It features a Business class section and a separate 'Platinum' area + dining room for Enrich Platinum, OWEs & MH Business Suites passengers. (There is also a small First Class Suite area on the Platinum side for MH Business Suites passengers.)

This lounge is airside and only accessible by passengers allowed into the international zone.

[This perk may have been stopped as of 1 March 2024, even if the FAQ is not updated and still shows the earlier access rights; see this post.]
This lounge may also be used as an arrivals lounge by passengers arriving on MH flights who either flew MH Business Suites / Business or hold Enrich Platinum / Gold status (not applicableto OWE / OWS).

Print Wikipost

Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:17 am

The F (er, Business Suite) Lounge has changed its champagne to Drappier Cote d’Or - which is actually rather light and pleasant to drink.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:45 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
The F (er, Business Suite) Lounge has changed its champagne to Drappier Cote d’Or - which is actually rather light and pleasant to drink.
this seems to be inconsistent, because a few weeks ago (March 18), the champagne was the usual De Venoge Cordon Bleu. The champagne was Drappier Carte d'Or in early January... and De Venoge in late December.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:24 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by lowjhg
Apparently the F side now has a high tea menu from 3-6pm. Sample Menu as attached.
Did you forget to attach the menu? Am curious as I will be visiting the lounge in about 2 weeks time, so was interested if this is something that I should make time for....

Originally Posted by clubeurope
this seems to be inconsistent, because a few weeks ago (March 18), the champagne was the usual De Venoge Cordon Bleu. The champagne was Drappier Carte d'Or in early January... and De Venoge in late December.
What's new with MH - being inconsistent seems to be their trademark....

Cheers!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Did you forget to attach the menu? Am curious as I will be visiting the lounge in about 2 weeks time, so was interested if this is something that I should make time for....

Cheers!
Its nothing special looking at it. Its more like a reduced offering if you look at the menu.

Also there's a problem of me being able to upload photos from my phone. I don't know why.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:48 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Here's the afternoon tea menu

kaffir76 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:56 am

Had the nasi lemak this week and boy was the sambal pungent! Too much demented (typo: fermented) shrimp paste (belacan) that didn’t blend well with the chilli...

And they served the same dish in flight. After the meal service, the entire cabin smelled like there was a toilet leak onboard!

Last edited by carrotjuice; Apr 21, 2019 at 5:09 am
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:59 am

Had the nasi lemak this week and boy was the sambal pungent! Too much demented shrimp paste (belacan) that didn’t blend well with the chilli...

And they served the same dish in flight. After the meal service, the entire cabin smelled like there was a toilet leak onboard!
many Malaysians (and SEAsians) actually enjoy the smell of shrimp paste.
Danial and kaffir76 like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
Wink

Had the nasi lemak this week and boy was the sambal pungent! Too much demented shrimp paste (belacan) that didn’t blend well with the chilli...

Wait to you actually smell fermented durian "tempoyak" or "cencaluk" , even shrimp paste can't beat it. One of American Youtuber foodie Mark Wiens love it so much every time he is in Malaysia even I am local but I don't like durian at all along with "tempoyak".
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: Enrich
Had the nasi lemak this week and boy was the sambal pungent! Too much demented (typo: fermented) shrimp paste (belacan) that didn’t blend well with the chilli...

Haha... it is the real sambal. But if you get used to Singapore Nasi Lemak then you most likely feel Malaysia's style is abit strange.... But once you like it, it almost guarantee that you will enjoy this in every 4-5 star hotel buffet breakfast
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Here’s this afternoon’s menu (3:00-6:00). The Laksa was nothing to write home about. Still (or again) de Venoge.

Last edited by Sandy Hopper; Apr 24, 2019 at 3:35 am
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper
Here’s this afternoon’s menu (3:00-6:00). The Laksa was nothing to write home about. Still (or again) de Venoge.
the pic didn’t load - it happens to me too
Can someone share the correct way to upload pics on FT?

From 3-6pm, are those the only items available?
i’d prefer main course items like beef or lamb etc.

if so, I’m gonna book FY to SIN / XSP instead.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Originally Posted by kaffir76

the pic didn’t load - it happens to me too
Can someone share the correct way to upload pics on FT?

From 3-6pm, are those the only items available?
i’d prefer main course items like beef or lamb etc.

if so, I’m gonna book FY to SIN / XSP instead.
I tried real hard uploading the pix, then had my tech-savvier travel mate try...nothing.

Yesterday’s afternoon menu still looks like nldogbert’s #170 post.

Just the Laksa had changed to a Penang Asam Laksa.

There was also a Won Ton noodle soup on the menu.

Both of which you could have had in MH’s Business Lounge.

Champagne was still (or again) de Venoge.

Food spread was very limited in the Flounge.

Petit CX lounge is missing its noodle bar. No Champagne, either.

I grabbed an Economist and had canned green tea instead.

No need to fly via KUL for the lounge experience for sure.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:42 pm

I tried real hard uploading the pix, then had my tech-savvier travel mate try...nothing.

Yesterday’s afternoon menu still looks like nldogbert’s #170 post.

Just the Laksa had changed to a Penang Asam Laksa.

There was also a Won Ton noodle soup on the menu.

Both of which you could have had in MH’s Business Lounge.

Champagne was still (or again) de Venoge.

Food spread was very limited in the Flounge.

No need to fly via KUL for the lounge experience for sure.
I suppose there are some merits of flying through KUL over SIN. There's an F lounge (at least what's left of it and until the QF lounge SIN opens). MH Golden Lounge food a lot better than the spread at BA's SIN lounge, and not nearly as overcrowded as QF's lounge nearer to the departures of the evening QF/QR/BA flights.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:46 pm

Additionally, have anyone noticed how cheap and ridiculous the Royal Selangor Displays are (which is almost guaranteed to be advertising, sponsored by Royal Selangor)? I mean it would have looked nice on a stand and good lighting, but with the way the are displaying it inside a protective glass box in an 90s-esque jewellery store manner just looks cheap.

I thought they were trying to do away with the cheap looking brand advertising in the lounges after the renovation.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:49 pm

I’m surprised there wasn’t a noodle soup option at the CX lounge. Were you there between lunch and dinner or between breakfast and lunch perhaps? The noodle soups are much better than what you get at MH lounges imo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.