Wiki Posts
Search

Q to Z Class or refund?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Q to Z Class or refund?

Hey guys
MH just went on sale. I purchased a few Q class return tics to PVG at about 35% more on 4 Feb to what they are selling now just 2 weeks ago!

1) Under Q class rules it says "Free to reissue to higher cabin". So i thought fine at least I'll pay the fare difference to go Business Z class but their system wouldn't allow (English and Malay). Only allow to D class, any workaround?

2) What are my options of getting a full refund? Any T&C to protect customers against price decrease within X period time?

Overall not happy to have paid 35% and thought to make something out of it...
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: NZ
1) I found the same when trying to upgrade a V class KUL/AKL fare to a discounted promo Z fare. It was not allowed - I even tried via the call centre, but was told I had to upgrade to a D class fare. Probably not much you can do about it.

2) No, there is generally nothing to protect you if the price drops. Annoying, I know, but happens all the time.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by talfred
2) What are my options of getting a full refund? Any T&C to protect customers against price decrease within X period time?

Overall not happy to have paid 35% and thought to make something out of it...
What if the price went up after you booked? How would you react if MH called and asked you to pay up the difference?
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

I agree. Hence mentioned if there was a return policy within X period of time. Although the X period is subjective.

However, after speaking to the 4th agent she managed to do upgrade from Q to Z! Apparently she didn't pull any strings and the system allowed. So my suggestion to others in the same situation is to keep trying
ashkale likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 2:53 am

i bought a economy flex which give me 35kg to.come home to Malaysia. but when itenary come out ,i only get 20kg....calling centre many time, then i starr traveling. i still cannot get the answer, email them.,they said cannot help ,want to call centre...i spend so much roaming call, at the end they give me 30k...but why....i stlll not done yet, will call mas airlines again...
Old Feb 21, 2020, 5:25 pm

Programs: Enrich
Originally Posted by David Chong
i bought a economy flex which give me 35kg to.come home to Malaysia. but when itenary come out ,i only get 20kg....calling centre many time, then i starr traveling. i still cannot get the answer, email them.,they said cannot help ,want to call centre...i spend so much roaming call, at the end they give me 30k...but why....i stlll not done yet, will call mas airlines again...
I believe you buy the one from SIN to KUL based on the statement. Can you double check you get the smart shuttle or flex shuttle? And do you have connection in domestic?

I have the experience that out station agent does not has good knowledge on check in luggage limit when there is international to domestic connection. Which they will insist that the domestic flight limit the luggage to 20kg, but in fact, your luggage limit is based on the international ticket instead which I has confirmed with MH.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:54 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by SilverChris
What if the price went up after you booked? How would you react if MH called and asked you to pay up the difference?

Exactly you always take a risk so when you see a fare you like book it perhaps first read the T&Cs though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.