Oneworld FF crediting issues from MH

Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:40 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Too much travel
Originally booked with CX FF number, then subsequently changed before the trip to BA FF number. BA FF number on all the relevant boarding passes; check-in and/or gate agents confirmed that it is indeed the BA FF number rather than the CX FF number. And yet two of the flights still ended up being credited to CX despite the BA FF number being on the boarding pass - so even within the same e-ticket and trip they managed to correctly credit some legs to BA and incorrectly credit one leg to CX.
So this is actually a different issue to the sectors not crediting at all.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Too much travel
Originally booked with CX FF number, then subsequently changed before the trip to BA FF number. BA FF number on all the relevant boarding passes; check-in and/or gate agents confirmed that it is indeed the BA FF number rather than the CX FF number. And yet two of the flights still ended up being credited to CX despite the BA FF number being on the boarding pass - so even within the same e-ticket and trip they managed to correctly credit some legs to BA and incorrectly credit one leg to CX.
This seems to be an ongoing issue with AMADEUS. For some reason, AMADEUS somehow remembers your original FFP and when you change it later, the agent must remove all current FFP first. End the transaction and retrieve the booking that shows NO FFP on it whatsoever. Then input the new FFP on it.

CX had that issue when they switched over to AMADEUS with miles going elsewhere, as well as BA/QF. From personal experience I was seeing that on my BA flights when trying to credit it to AA. This issue is still ongoing with these airlines if the above procedure is not followed. Most agents will just change the info... and print your BP. That won't do.
d00t likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:22 pm

Malaysia Airlines is one of those airlines that's good, and for what you pay, very good when everything is going well. As soon as anything goes wrong, it's horrible! I've just entered a Kafka-esque world of half-truths and impossible-to-reach departments for a simple crediting issue.

It's the third time I've needed a simple issue resolved with my enrich account and been met with a brick wall. They refuse to take responsibility for anything they do wrong, much worse they refuse to let you speak to anyone - the standard answer on their number is "there is no number to call the department you want, they only deal with emails, you will need to email them". And then nothing, deadly silence as they ignore every email.

On top of last year's points devaluation, their is no reason to stay with them. Sadly it's my last year with a once great airline.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:06 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by sm1234
Malaysia Airlines is one of those airlines that's good, and for what you pay, very good when everything is going well. As soon as anything goes wrong, it's horrible! I've just entered a Kafka-esque world of half-truths and impossible-to-reach departments for a simple crediting issue.

It's the third time I've needed a simple issue resolved with my enrich account and been met with a brick wall. They refuse to take responsibility for anything they do wrong, much worse they refuse to let you speak to anyone - the standard answer on their number is "there is no number to call the department you want, they only deal with emails, you will need to email them". And then nothing, deadly silence as they ignore every email.

On top of last year's points devaluation, their is no reason to stay with them. Sadly it's my last year with a once great airline.
How about, instead of spraying vague negative comments, you tell us what your problem is? There are hundreds of Enrich members here who may be able to help, or at very least point you in the right direction.
ermen and nancypants like this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by d00t
How about, instead of spraying vague negative comments, you tell us what your problem is? There are hundreds of Enrich members here who may be able to help, or at very least point you in the right direction.
It's not that vague -

​​​​​​Enrich won't talk to you on the phone about enrich tracking. I'm Gold, so would expect that minimum courtesy. For the third time in just over a year I've had a small problem that should take minutes to clear up, and for the third time I've been told "sorry email only for that department". I email, then silence...

Don't think my problem with them could be any clearer?

If you really want specifics - I flew on Iberian recently, wanted to use my Gold for benefits, but assign points to BA. I phoned BA before the flight to check if this was permitted, they said this was allowed and they would put a note next to my name to make sure this would happen. Unfortunately it did not. I called BA and they said it was simple to fix, all I need to do is contact Enrich and get them to cancel the miles at their end, then BA can credit them at their end. I sent Enrich an email 10 days ago and nothing... I called 2 days ago to be told "there's no phone in that department, email only".

The other 2 problems last year, were a simple non-tracking flight and a flight where it turns out I wasn't entitled to any miles. I won't go into detail over the lengthy phone calls I had which included being told contradictory stories about what was possible to deal with over the phone; only getting any action when I got shirty with them (I shouldn't have to get worked up to get a result); and repeatedly ignored emails. The issue I have is not that flights sometimes don't track correctly, it's the way that problems are then dealt with (I've had tracking issue with various airlines over the years and they are dealt with quickly and courteously over the phone). In particular the flight that I wasn't entitled to the miles - they would not answer any communications on - it's almost like they were scared of offending me with a no. In reality, the lack of communication was far, far more offensive than a simple up-front timely - "sorry your not entitled to the miles".

Having no phone line in their department is poor customer service. If you're going to have an email only policy, then a note in the email to say when the problem will be dealt with by would be nice. And as for completely ignoring emails...
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
It's not that vague -

​​​​​​Enrich won't talk to you on the phone about enrich tracking. I'm Gold, so would expect that minimum courtesy. For the third time in just over a year I've had a small problem that should take minutes to clear up, and for the third time I've been told "sorry email only for that department". I email, then silence...

If you really want specifics - I flew on Iberian recently, wanted to use my Gold for benefits, but assign points to BA. I phoned BA before the flight to check if this was permitted, they said this was allowed and they would put a note next to my name to make sure this would happen. Unfortunately it did not. I called BA and they said it was simple to fix, all I need to do is contact Enrich and get them to cancel the miles at their end, then BA can credit them at their end. I sent Enrich an email 10 days ago and nothing... I called 2 days ago to be told "there's no phone in that department, email only".

The other 2 problems last year, were a simple non-tracking flight and a flight where it turns out I wasn't entitled to any miles. I won't go into detail over the lengthy phone calls I had which included being told contradictory stories about what was possible to deal with over the phone; only getting any action when I got shirty with them (I shouldn't have to get worked up to get a result); and repeatedly ignored emails. The issue I have is not that flights sometimes don't track correctly, it's the way that problems are then dealt with (I've had tracking issue with various airlines over the years and they are dealt with quickly and courteously over the phone). In particular the flight that I wasn't entitled to the miles - they would not answer any communications on - it's almost like they were scared of offending me with a no. In reality, the lack of communication was far, far more offensive than a simple up-front timely - "sorry your not entitled to the miles".

Having no phone line in their department is poor customer service. If you're going to have an email only policy, then a note in the email to say when the problem will be dealt with by would be nice. And as for completely ignoring emails...
Just to clarify, you had your MH number registered to the booking? If so, you should’ve done it the other way around, unless of course you were hoping for an OPUP with your MH status.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Yes.

I've read and re-read your initial post and I couldn't decipher what your problem was. It wasn't until the second half of your follow-up post that I started to get a clearer idea.

If you really want specifics
That would be much appreciated. Without that it just seems like a pointless rant about unanswered emails about god knows what.

I flew on Iberian recently, wanted to use my Gold for benefits, but assign points to BA. I phoned BA before the flight to check if this was permitted, they said this was allowed and they would put a note next to my name to make sure this would happen. Unfortunately it did not. I called BA and they said it was simple to fix, all I need to do is contact Enrich and get them to cancel the miles at their end, then BA can credit them at their end. I sent Enrich an email 10 days ago and nothing... I called 2 days ago to be told "there's no phone in that department, email only".
So you left your Enrich number in the booking but called BA to tell them you wanted to credit the miles to BA while using the MH Sapphire benefits....on an IB-operated flight?

Getting BA to leave a note "next to your name" for a non-BA operated flight isn't going to change where the miles end up, so either the agent lied to you or there was a misunderstanding between you and BA. It sounds like MH wasn't the only airline that screwed you over.

Trying to get mileage credit reversed from any program is a huge PITA, contrary to what the BA agent told you. In many cases it's virtually impossible to get it reversed. If you knew Enrich fails at simple tasks like replying emails (let alone complicated tasks like reversing credit), why didn't you make sure your BA number was on the boarding pass? I'm assuming that since you've climbed the frequent flyer ladder to achieve Enrich Gold you should be well aware that leaving your MH number in the reservation is going to direct the miles to your MH account.

If you wanted the miles to be credited to BA why didn't you make sure the check-in agent enter your BA number? You never explicitly mentioned which number you left in the booking but it certainly doesn't sound like you did that (you didn't have enough "specifics" in your post).

I know Enrich can be difficult to deal with when things go south but your case definitely sounds like an entirely preventable ordeal.
d00t likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:40 am

Using enrich for benefits whilst crediting elsewhere is not something I'd done before, so I did my homework online. After reading how the system worked I called BAEC and asked them to put my fqts as MAS and my fqtv as BA (fqts is benefits; fqtv is earning; and can be different programmes - according to Google!). The BA operator told me that this wasn't possible to enter in the system for the flights in question, but they would put a note in the system so that the flights would not be credited to Enrich. I was flying 8 sectors on BA & Iberia (both owned by the same company) and I NEED at least 4 of them to track to BA/Iberia to give me my minimum BA metal requirement for the year (I'm not back in Europe for the rest of the year). 3 have tracked to BAEC, 3 have not tracked yet, 2 went to Enrich, so whatever the operator did has partially allowed me to benefit from Enrich Gold whilst crediting to BAEC. I'm hoping at least one of the remaining 3 sectors eventually goes where they're supposed to. I've been in touch with BA and they have entered the outstanding flight details into their system, so fingers crossed!

The OP was warning others how woeful Enrich can be at dealing with crediting points. Some people have told of similar experiences, some with more positive experiences, and I just wanted to add what my experience is too. I'm sorry if the lack of details didn't get my point across and just made me sound like a pointless whinger. My issue with Enrich actually has little to do with the specifics of my case and everything to do with their system and specifically their lack of a means of contacting somebody and getting a straight answer on crediting issues. That remains the point that I want to add to the overall discussion, and is based not just on this one incident but 2 prior experiences (I'm sorry I don't have the time or energy to rehash those experiences, you'll just have to take my word that I had similar difficulties speaking to people to sort out a crediting issue). Why can't I talk to somebody at enrich about a crediting issue? Why should I have to come on a forum to work out these things, rather than pick up the phone and talk directly to someone at the airline? Why are emails to Enrich left unanswered? It's very poor IMHO.

Last edited by sm1234; Jan 8, 2018 at 12:58 am
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:42 am

Duplicate post - please ignore.

Last edited by sm1234; Jan 8, 2018 at 1:04 am Reason: Duplicate post - mod please delete.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Using enrich for benefits whilst crediting elsewhere is not something I'd done before, so I did my homework online. .
So your issue is with nobody taking responsibility/ownership and not about what miles got credited to which program.
IMO Enrich did nothing wrong with the FF number. BA gave you false info or the agent wasn't sure how to actually do it, or both.

What number are you calling? You know the CEO doesn't take calls to fix FQTV issues right?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by d00t
So your issue is with nobody taking responsibility/ownership and not about what miles got credited to which program.
IMO Enrich did nothing wrong with the FF number. BA gave you false info or the agent wasn't sure how to actually do it, or both.

What number are you calling? You know the CEO doesn't take calls to fix FQTV issues right?
Tbh I'm prepared to forgive most one-off mistakes made by agents/check in staff. Mistakes happen.

When mistakes happen of course I ideally want my ff agent to come up with a solution that works for me when I call them (don't we all). However if they say "we'll will get back to you within 48 hours/1 week/2 weeks/1 month I would be fine with that - I know they're dealing with it and a can diarise a date to check that it's been actioned, and forget about it till then. If they tell me "it's a BA issue" or pass the buck to whoever else, I would be ok with that - it's concrete, I know it's not dealt with, and I know who I need to contact to get an answer.

But on 3 occasions with mas I've now been told "we don't deal with this by phone - email only". On one occasion I then waited a month for a reply, on one occasion I got no reply. I really don't understand why you feel that wanting a timely response on this or any ff matter is similar to expecting a response from the CEO. It's not Ryanair! I'm a card holding premium, regular flyer and occasional business-class flying customers of a flag carrying airline. Is it really too much to ask to be able speak to an agent who can deal with my issue, or failing that be able to get a reliable quick email reply, or failing that, an email confirmation explaining when they'll deal with my simple enquiry?

If you think that's an unreasonable request, can I suggest you get out and see how most other FF deal with customer enquiries

Regarding your opinion about who was to blame in my case. From the mixed success I got on these flights (3 tracked, 2 did not, 3tbc) you might be right, you might not (not undervaluing your opinion - that's why we post on forums), but the opinion that REALLY matters at the end of the day is that of the airline. If I'm left at the whim of an agent hiding behind an email account who might get back in a month or might not get back at all to let me know the score, then can you really blame me for being critical?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:44 am

So, after another phone call to Enrich having been again told "sorry, email only", and no chance of being given a date by which time I'd have a response, I explained that I wanted to escalate the matter and asked for a supervisor or complaints department, I was suddenly told that it might be possible for the agent to talk to the department. There was no way I could talk to them, but the agent would do so on my behalf. It turns out that Enrich "can't remove miles once they have been credited". Would they eventually have got back to me by email to let me know this? I'm not so sure. OP - please get back to us to let us know if BA can remove your miles once they have been credited - I'll be VERY interested to find out (especially as BA advised me to do this with Enrich). Anyhow I'm glad I finally got an answer, but still more disappointed that the only way to get a response was to threaten making a formal complaint than with the outcome going the wrong way for me. On the plus side, another of my BA flights has tracked today, so I now have the 4 BA sectors I need, which now makes my effort to chase up Enrich an academic exercise (the miles and tier points are fairly negligible).

And Enriches system still sucks, even though I eventually found a way through!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
So, after another phone call to Enrich having been again told "sorry, email only", and no chance of being given a date by which time I'd have a response, I explained that I wanted to escalate the matter and asked for a supervisor or complaints department, I was suddenly told that it might be possible for the agent to talk to the department. There was no way I could talk to them, but the agent would do so on my behalf. It turns out that Enrich "can't remove miles once they have been credited". Would they eventually have got back to me by email to let me know this? I'm not so sure. OP - please get back to us to let us know if BA can remove your miles once they have been credited - I'll be VERY interested to find out (especially as BA advised me to do this with Enrich). Anyhow I'm glad I finally got an answer, but still more disappointed that the only way to get a response was to threaten making a formal complaint than with the outcome going the wrong way for me. On the plus side, another of my BA flights has tracked today, so I now have the 4 BA sectors I need, which now makes my effort to chase up Enrich an academic exercise (the miles and tier points are fairly negligible).

And Enriches system still sucks, even though I eventually found a way through!
Specifically on BAEC - it is possible to remove the miles once they have been credited. I did this myself once.

uncrediting baec miles
Old May 12, 2019, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
MH Customer Service Contact Info?

I am anticipating a problem of not correctly crediting to FFP (or not crediting to ANY FFP). I will give it one more week (it has been more than 2 weeks since I flew) before I contact MH.

Can anyone post MH contact details: email & phone # (please state call center location, if available)?

TIA.
Old May 13, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by allset2travel
I am anticipating a problem of not correctly crediting to FFP (or not crediting to ANY FFP). I will give it one more week (it has been more than 2 weeks since I flew) before I contact MH.

Can anyone post MH contact details: email & phone # (please state call center location, if available)?

TIA.
Have you tried filing a claim with whatever FFP you’re crediting to?

No issues with BAEC for me.
nancypants likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.