Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH A330 economy mini-cabin?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:09 am
Original Poster

MH A330 economy mini-cabin?

The seat map for an upcoming Malaysia Airlines economy flight on an A330 is showing a two row mini-cabin at the front of economy. Seats there can be selected for a payment of some 200MYR/£35.

Are these seats any good? Do they have more legroom than the main part of economy? Is it worth the additional payment (3X) over a 'standard' economy seat?

Many thanks for any input.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: EK Silver
Row 9 has plenty of legroom while Row 10 is missing a window but good to lean on. Cabin is much quieter if there are no infants and you get to disembark after J. Have sat in rows 9F&G, be aware that your feet may be in the way when J pax head for the lavatories behind Row 10

Pics from SQtalk.com sqflyergirl

Last edited by nedelk; Nov 14, 2017 at 2:53 am
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: NZ
I'm in 9A in a couple of weeks time - I can report back, but the photo certainly confirms that there is plenty of legroom in Row 9, with (I believe) slightly more legroom in the middle seats.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys, much appreciated!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ALL Gold
Be aware that there's where the parents with infants are normally put. We got 9A and B when travelling with my baby because those are the bassinet seats.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:22 pm

Hello,
I will be travelling on MH A330 Biz class. One of us has reduced mobility and is a wheelchair bound person - but that person can walk short distance without problem. I wonder which row of the seat is the nearest and easiest to reach the toilet? I already reserved the last row 7H and 7K thinking that it may be easier to access the lavatory in the mini premium economy section. Is it larger than the one at the front? Is it easier to access the one at the front (distance related) instead. I think there is a small step to climb if I choose the front and the area is quite narrow to access.
Any opinion and suggestion appreciated. =)
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I'm 175cm tall and I couldn't stretch out fully on 9A. I suggest the middle seats if you're around my height or taller.

Last edited by lcpteck; Nov 27, 2017 at 8:50 am Reason: spelling
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by a.bakar
Hello,
I will be travelling on MH A330 Biz class. Is it easier to access the one at the front (distance related) instead. I think there is a small step to climb if I choose the front and the area is quite narrow to access.
Any opinion and suggestion appreciated. =)
I think so - 1A and 1D are far easier for access to the rest rooms in the front. I don't recall a step
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: NZ
I just flew KUL/AKL in 9A and there is definitely a nice amount of legroom with much more than for a standard Y seat. However I did not get the impression that there was any more recline than for a normal Y seat. The small cabin also makes for a nicer overall environment. To sweeten the deal I got lucky with 9B being empty.

The downside of 9A/C and 9H/K is that they are bassinet seats. 9A and 9K are generally open for booking, while 9C and 9H are normally blocked off in case they are required for a passenger with an infant, and didn't even seem to open up when OLCI began. So, if you book 9A or 9K you need to bear in mind that you might have a bassinet with an infant there.

Given the outcome for me I was happy to have paid the premium for the seat.

Last edited by minz56; Nov 28, 2017 at 2:33 am
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'm currently in 10A (9A/K not showing free though I read here they might just be bassinet). Am I better off staying there for the mini cabin despite the missing window or take 11A (also free) at the front of the main cabin which may be less private but have more of a view? Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'm currently in 10A (9A/K not showing free though I read here they might just be bassinet). Am I better off staying there for the mini cabin despite the missing window or take 11A (also free) at the front of the main cabin which may be less private but have more of a view? Thanks in advance!
if a view is a must, I would go for 11A if that is available. 10A or 10K can be claustrophobic if the cabin is full.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thumbs up A330 ON SIN-KUL route

What a pleasant surprise - MH is currently operating the A330 aircraft on the SIN-KUL route once daily in Aug. & Sep. as MH616 / MH613
Is this a new thing? I only found out what I logged into my account to select seats for my flights.
I didn't check the other months like July or Oct. & I'm wondering when did it swap over from the very tired & worn out 737

I've been flying with SQ on this very short route because of the A359 that they use, it's much more comfortable
(Yes I realize it's only 40-45 min. but I take the shuttle every month & it gets depressing after a while)

Very happy with this change, I' hope it's a permanent swap rather than a temporary one.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: QF WP/LTG
I am on MH 613 from KUL to SIN a few days before Christmas.
My reservations is still showing B738.
Any chance that it would switch over to A330 once bookings start to pick up for the Christmas season?
Cheers, Gerald
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by kaffir76
What a pleasant surprise - MH is currently operating the A330 aircraft on the SIN-KUL route once daily in Aug. & Sep. as MH616 / MH613
Is this a new thing? I only found out what I logged into my account to select seats for my flights.
I didn't check the other months like July or Oct. & I'm wondering when did it swap over from the very tired & worn out 737

I've been flying with SQ on this very short route because of the A359 that they use, it's much more comfortable
(Yes I realize it's only 40-45 min. but I take the shuttle every month & it gets depressing after a while)

Very happy with this change, I' hope it's a permanent swap rather than a temporary one.
It's actually already running in Jul. No idea when they started. But was surprised when I saw it at the gate for 613 last week.

Totally agree, I commute almost weekly to CGK and KUL. Anything other than a MH or GA 738 makes it nicer. Though I recently noticed sometimes Malindo business goes for 99USD. Still a 738 but at least in J.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by dfs24
It's actually already running in Jul.
No idea when they started. But was surprised when I saw it at the gate for 613 last week.
Totally agree, I commute almost weekly to CGK and KUL. Anything other than a MH or GA 738 makes it nicer. Though I recently noticed sometimes Malindo business goes for 99USD. Still a 738 but at least in J.
LOL - actually before I switched to SQ, I flew with Malindo for quite a while back when their 737’s were brand new!
So yeah - even Malindo was a better option than MH (unless I was doing a MR for tier renewal for QRPC, then MH was a winner for its low fares in J class - this was last year tho’)

FYI - for the short flight, seats in the mini cabin were going for S$15 each - thanks but no thanks!

From another thread, a member pointed out that it swapped to the A330 in late June.

So no conclusion if it’s permanent or temporary ...
I tried to look for a schedule or timetable on the website but can’t find it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.