FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Malaysia Airlines | Enrich (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich-758/)
-   -   MH3 from London damages nose gear before or upon landing (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich/1872263-mh3-london-damages-nose-gear-before-upon-landing.html)

Globalist Oct 16, 2017 6:17 am

MH3 from London damages nose gear before or upon landing

As reported on Airlive.net

http://www.airlive.net/breaking-mala...rom-nose-gear/

Maylaysian Airline Airbus A380 (reg. 9M-MNB) suffered an incident earlier this morning. After landing, one of the nose gear was missing and the remaining wheel was twisted.

It’s still unclear if the incident happened during the landing or if the A380 lost the wheel during approach.

The flight #MH3 from London Heathrow landed at Kuala Lumpur International Airport landed at around 06:00 am local time.
Globalist

dfs24 Oct 16, 2017 6:51 am

That is definitely the dirtiest A380 flying around.

Globalist Oct 16, 2017 6:58 am

Originally Posted by dfs24 (Post 28937858)

And the only one with 1 wheel on the front gear.

Globalist

nldogbert Oct 16, 2017 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by dfs24 (Post 28937858)

You can say that again...I happened to be at the HI Ariel with a view of the runway that Saturday morning, and I saw this particular plane taxing and taking off. I was totally shocked by how dirty the plane was - I thought only Air France was famous for their uncleaned planes. :)

Rather shocking that MH does not try and "Keep up Appearance" to keep up the image of the brand. Looks like they are giving up on their A380's which should have been their proud and glory of the fleet...

Back to the topic, I guess with this one out for a while, they should not have issues with 2 spare planes hanging around.

Cheers!

mr_botak Oct 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Ick... I've got to get on one of these on Thursday.

Remember her as she was...

LA757 Oct 16, 2017 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert (Post 28939226)
You can say that again...I happened to be at the HI Ariel with a view of the runway that Saturday morning, and I saw this particular plane taxing and taking off. I was totally shocked by how dirty the plane was - I thought only Air France was famous for their uncleaned planes. :)

Rather shocking that MH does not try and "Keep up Appearance" to keep up the image of the brand. Looks like they are giving up on their A380's which should have been their proud and glory of the fleet...

Back to the topic, I guess with this one out for a while, they should not have issues with 2 spare planes hanging around.

Cheers!

I flew back on this A380 from the UK in August and half the IFE's in economy malfunctioned and could not work for the entire flight.

Malaysia Airlines has for many many years neglected to look after their aircraft. It is a culture within the organization [Moderator edit per FT Rule 12].

They simply do not have the same standards or will to keep their aircraft as new/clean as possible the way perhaps Singapore Airline does when it comes to maintaining their assets as a comparison.

I do not think they even clean the leather economy or business class seats with a wet cloth and soap even daily when the aircraft is finished for the day or at least once a week.

And you see footmarks on the front seats sometimes.

Mas Wings is a subsidiary of Malaysia Airlines and if you want a prime example of an airliner that does not bother with cleanliness, check out how dirty their planes are and all the noises you hear from the wheels and body of the aircraft when it taxis. Very very scary.

JumboJet Oct 16, 2017 5:38 pm

Looks like they found that thing parked behind a gas station.

Should be fairly easy to figure out what happened?

889 Oct 16, 2017 6:06 pm

"Malaysia Airlines has for many many years neglected to look after their aircraft. It is a culture within the organization [conforming moderator edit to original quote]”

Recall that of the two flight data recorders on MH370, one had an expired battery that hadn't been replaced.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ma...0M403J20150309

wantan Oct 16, 2017 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by LA757 (Post 28940345)
I flew back on this A380 from the UK in August and half the IFE's in economy malfunctioned and could not work for the entire flight.

Malaysia Airlines has for many many years neglected to look after their aircraft. It is a culture within the organization and the [conforming moderator edit to original quote.]

They simply do not have the same standards or will to keep their aircraft as new/clean as possible the way perhaps Singapore Airline does when it comes to maintaining their assets as a comparison.

I do not think they even clean the leather economy or business class seats with a wet cloth and soap even daily when the aircraft is finished for the day or at least once a week.

And you see footmarks on the front seats sometimes.

Mas Wings is a subsidiary of Malaysia Airlines and if you want a prime example of an airliner that does not bother with cleanliness, check out how dirty their planes are and all the noises you hear from the wheels and body of the aircraft when it taxis. Very very scary.

While I agree with your points, generalizing Malaysia as a whole as neglectful is hyperbole.

AirAsia in comparison has clean planes despite the above average sectors each fly per day.

Which is a mystery considering MH has a minimum 30 minute turn around for domestic flights, while AK literally boards passengers as soon as the plane is empty.

TGflyergirl Oct 16, 2017 8:59 pm

[Conforming Moderator edit to previously-deleted post.]

[Moderator edit of off-topic text.] that A380 is filthy! A leopard or tiger or wolf (i forget the saying now) never changes it's spots!

shuigao Oct 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Globalist (Post 28937784)
It’s still unclear if the incident happened during the landing or if the A380 lost the wheel during approach.

Can't quite understand why it would be unclear. Surely if it happened during the landing, it wouldn't take much time to locate the wheel lying beside the runway somewhere? :confused:

Globalist Oct 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao (Post 28968349)
Can't quite understand why it would be unclear. Surely if it happened during the landing, it wouldn't take much time to locate the wheel lying beside the runway somewhere? :confused:

Merely quoting the article, the follow up has been a deafening silence.

I could imagine that the wheel could be lost any time from "gear down" to landing. That is 10km of ground to cover over palm oil plantations etc.

Of course that's all speculation.

Globalist

JumboJet Oct 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Probably forgot to tighten the lug nuts ;):D