Search

Border control at KUL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Border control at KUL

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the new thread but I did not find the info.
I ll arrive at KUL with QR and connecting to HKT on separate ticket with MH. I will only have hand luggage, do I need to go to boarder control or can I head directly to the gate?
​​​​​​
Thanks

​​​​​
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Go directly to the gate. KUL T1 doesn't segregate the arriving and departing passengers, as security is done at the gate.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Go directly to the gate. KUL T1 doesn't segregate the arriving and departing passengers, as security is done at the gate.
Great. As I only have 1.30h between the flights I was hoping for this scenario.
Thanks
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Jeff_
Great. As I only have 1.30h between the flights I was hoping for this scenario.
Thanks
Check in online, see if QR can issue the MH boarding pass.
If they can't issue the boarding pass use the transfer counter within the terminal.

As SilverChris said, no need to pass immigration.

Globalist
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: Skyward gold, MH Enrich gold
The last time I travelled QR to KUL and transferred to MH on a different ticket in 2016, QR absolutely refused to check my luggage through to my final destination (even though both QR and MH are OW) so I would suggest that you call QR and find out if this is still the case. In addition, the MH transfer desk at the satellite building is severely understaffed (and MH staffs are not known for efficiently although they can be very friendly ) and the wait time can be very long especially during the morning rush hours when all the ME flights arrive at the same time.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:49 pm

QR has changed its policy awhile back and should now tag bags on OW carriers on different tickets.

Of course this is just a good to know as OP mentioned that s/he is travelling hand luggage only.

As for understaffed transfer desks, one may use mobile boarding passes or self-print boarding passes and just go straight to the gate at KUL.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by Ksmax
The last time I travelled QR to KUL and transferred to MH on a different ticket in 2016, QR absolutely refused to check my luggage through to my final destination (even though both QR and MH are OW) so I would suggest that you call QR and find out if this is still the case. In addition, the MH transfer desk at the satellite building is severely understaffed (and MH staffs are not known for efficiently although they can be very friendly ) and the wait time can be very long especially during the morning rush hours when all the ME flights arrive at the same time.
Was only a couple of passengers there when arrived off MH3 a couple of weeks ago at around 7am and also no one there on Saturday evening when walked pas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.