Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

How does Enrich Point collection & Renewal Work>?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Hello,

I am a enrich gold flyer on Malaysia Airlines Enrich this year. I was previously a normal Enrich traveller. I am trying to understand how I can maintain gold status for 2018.

How do you attain more elite status miles and elite sectors?

Does 1 flight on MH constitute 1 elite sector? How is elite status miles calculated vs normal miles you attain for flying a sector?

How can I increase the miles and elite points I need to retain gold status? I am on 52,000 enrich miles, 22978 elite miles and 25 elite sectors on record up to mid September. My status comes up for renewal in March 2018.

In between, I have 2 international flights due for me to fly; one trip on economy to Sydney, one trip on economy to delhi and one trip to Jakarta also on economy (return trips) not counting the 5-6 flights from Kota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur I need to travel on for government work.

TQ.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Elite sectors depend on the class of travel, regardless of distance and fare class (excluding redemption tickets). You get 1 elite sector for Economy, 2 for Business and 3 for First. It's the fastest way to attain status if your travels are mostly short-haul.

Elite miles depend on your fare class and distance travelled. It should be the same amount as the redeemable miles earned, minus the Gold bonus.

Without knowing what the fare classes for your upcoming trips will be, it'll hard to say if you'll requalify based on elite miles. A lot will depend on whether you're traveling on promo or full fare tickets. However, I'm pretty sure you won't requalify based on sectors.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Elite sectors depend on the class of travel, regardless of distance and fare class (excluding redemption tickets). You get 1 elite sector for Economy, 2 for Business and 3 for First. It's the fastest way to attain status if your travels are mostly short-haul.

Elite miles depend on your fare class and distance travelled. It should be the same amount as the redeemable miles earned, minus the Gold bonus.

Without knowing what the fare classes for your upcoming trips will be, it'll hard to say if you'll requalify based on elite miles. A lot will depend on whether you're traveling on promo or full fare tickets. However, I'm pretty sure you won't requalify based on sectors.
Hello and thank you for sharing SilverChris. You explained very well. Will have to try to fly on business a bit more then if possible between now and March and hope to re-qualify for gold. Otherwise, not much can be done.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by LA757
Hello and thank you for sharing SilverChris. You explained very well. Will have to try to fly on business a bit more then if possible between now and March and hope to re-qualify for gold. Otherwise, not much can be done.
Enrich qualification is based on calendar year, so only flights taken during 1 Jan to 31 Dec will be counted towards qualification of the next year. So you might need to catch up on the rest of the miles/ sectors by 31 Dec 2017 for requalification.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tingtongbells
Enrich qualification is based on calendar year, so only flights taken during 1 Jan to 31 Dec will be counted towards qualification of the next year. So you might need to catch up on the rest of the miles/ sectors by 31 Dec 2017 for requalification.
Thank you for sharing. I didn't know this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by LA757
Thank you for sharing. I didn't know this.
However, even if you didn't manage to re-qualify for Gold, you will enjoy Gold status until March 2018 as stated on your account/card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.