Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH A380 Seating

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Originally Posted by wolf72
or you could respect ppls right to get some sleep and close the shades and switch on the light to read, no?
No.

If you are sat next to a window on a daytime flight you have no obligation to shut the blind so others can sleep.

I would only lower it if the sun was in people's eyes or glare.
msm2000uk and strichener like this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Right, so I had my preferred seats booked (34 A&C) upstairs on the A380 - booked prior to the introduction of charges for a flight in Feb 2018.

They were cancelled today, and can't rebook without paying. Ticket is issued.

So is MH just booting people out of prebooked seats who didn't pay?? There were no charges when I actually booked. If I subject myself to their call centre will they tell me to bugger off?

My return flight with same seats is confirmed - should I expect these to be cancelled soon as well?

Technically it's breach of bloody contract, but I know MH won't care two hoots, but I care about getting my seats back. Ideas?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Right, so I had my preferred seats booked (34 A&C) upstairs on the A380 - booked prior to the introduction of charges for a flight in Feb 2018.

So is MH just booting people out of prebooked seats who didn't pay?? There were no charges when I actually booked. If I subject myself to their call centre will they tell me to bugger off?

My return flight with same seats is confirmed - should I expect these to be cancelled soon as well?

Technically it's breach of bloody contract, but I know MH won't care two hoots, but I care about getting my seats back. Ideas?
Does your affected flight happen to be MH1 or MH4? It appears that MH's new A350 will replace the A380 on those flights from mid-Jan. MH2 and MH3 will follow from 5 March. Could be the reason why you lost your seat assignments on one leg, but not the other. See: http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...ondon-in-1q18/
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.

Just give them a call and enquire. They are changing to the new A350's from January 2018 onwards. It was just announced. They take their first 2 350's in November and will begin testing and training before launching the aircraft for use on the London routes effective Jan 2018. It was just announced recently.

Agreed though that the customer service should have contacted you or emailed you to inform you about the change of metal.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by cowie
Does your affected flight happen to be MH1 or MH4? It appears that MH's new A350 will replace the A380 on those flights from mid-Jan. MH2 and MH3 will follow from 5 March. Could be the reason why you lost your seat assignments on one leg, but not the other. See: http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...ondon-in-1q18/
No it was MH 003 that had the seats cancelled (MH 2 on way back - seats still fine though)
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Curious question

No it was MH 003 that had the seats cancelled (MH 2 on way back - seats still fine though)
May I ask why didn't u book the flight on the new A350 instead of the old crappy A380? If I read correctly, your flights are in Feb '18?

Some seats IFE systems/monitors do not work, and sometimes the toilets are out of order. I experienced this in March & time goes by really sloooowly when the IFE doesn't work as one can only sleep so much on a 12 hour flight ..
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by kaffir76
May I ask why didn't u book the flight on the new A350 instead of the old crappy A380? If I read correctly, your flights are in Feb '18?

Some seats IFE systems/monitors do not work, and sometimes the toilets are out of order. I experienced this in March & time goes by really sloooowly when the IFE doesn't work as one can only sleep so much on a 12 hour flight ..
Was booked before the changes and being 2 metres tall the upstairs are the best legroom on any long haul asia plane in economy class. I'll be trying the A350 on the return.

MH have re-instated my chosen seats free of charge now after I complained.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Half the IFE's in the economy section in my cabin on my flight back 3 weeks from London to KL on the night flight on the A380 were out of order for the ENTIRE FLIGHT. It really really angered quite a number of passengers but most just didn't bother complaining though the cabin crew did come around prior to landing with complaint/feedback forms to fill in.

But this really is a problem that should be reported to engineering immediately upon landing for them to check what is wrong with the systems or it should be reported ahead to KL so the team there can perhaps use one of the other 380's for the morning flight back to London.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
What is the configuration and seat width of MH 2?
I can't find any info on seatguru and Expedia.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by hightide
What is the configuration and seat width of MH 2?
I can't find any info on seatguru and Expedia.
Malaysia Airlines Airbus A380-800 - SeatExpert

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by asheby
Looks decent, thank you!
In Y, I have only ever flown CGK-KUL and was lucky enough to get an emergency seat upon request at the check-in counter. Surprisingly, no one else sat in my emergency row when plane was around half full!

Are emergency seats on MH 2 easy to get by simply arriving early, especially if I'm connecting from CGK? Will I be able to request the emergency seat at CGK or do I have to wait until I arrive in KUL?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:56 am

So I flew on MH 3 from LHR to HUL last week in Economy and decided to pay the ~Ł14 fee to book the Upper Deck area and an aisle seat in a middle row. Really glad I did, excellent amount of space, upper deck was hardly full so we pretty much had a row each, I had a full row of 4 seats so managed to get some sleep. Plane did seem fairly dirty but then not surprising if its being retired from this service soon. One toilet also out of order but not a problem with ~20 passengers and 2 other toilets.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:18 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hightide
Looks decent, thank you!
In Y, I have only ever flown CGK-KUL and was lucky enough to get an emergency seat upon request at the check-in counter. Surprisingly, no one else sat in my emergency row when plane was around half full!

Are emergency seats on MH 2 easy to get by simply arriving early, especially if I'm connecting from CGK? Will I be able to request the emergency seat at CGK or do I have to wait until I arrive in KUL?
CGK, they should have access to the seat map at CGK.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:33 am

Not sure if ht has flown yet, but won’t the A380 emergency rows normally fill up as soon as OLCI opens 48hrs before? Perhaps OLCI from CGK would do the trick, though perhaps the Oz passengers get 1st crack at them?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:02 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by crackjack
Not sure if ht has flown yet, but won’t the A380 emergency rows normally fill up as soon as OLCI opens 48hrs before? Perhaps OLCI from CGK would do the trick, though perhaps the Oz passengers get 1st crack at them?
I'd imagine the emergency rows will be blocked (not selectable, but not necessarily occupied yet) during OLCI if not already purchased. They'd usually want to see if the person is physically fit to aid the crew with the exit, at the airport.

Additionally, the Upper Deck wouldn't usually show in the online check-in seat map.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.