MH new PNR

Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
MH new PNR

So I am hearing that MH is switching over to Amadeus this weekend, changing our 5 digit PNR to a 6 digit PNR (good).

Bugger timing though as I am scheduled to do another domestic run on Monday 12th.

Does anyone know how to get the new PNR number from MH?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by ermen
So I am hearing that MH is switching over to Amadeus this weekend, changing our 5 digit PNR to a 6 digit PNR (good).

Bugger timing though as I am scheduled to do another domestic run on Monday 12th.

Does anyone know how to get the new PNR number from MH?
Enter your Old 5 digit MH ref into the new app. It'll show the 6 digit corresponding amadeus ref.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Actually did that thanks.

But for some old PNRs, the new app doesn't seem to recognise the booking (seems to be ex-KUL itineraries).

MH says they will email out the new PNRs... we shall see!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
I'm flying on 12th as well, haven't heard anything from MH yet. Rather last-minute timing since they still have to provide me with a 6-digit PNR.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: MH Gold / OW Sapphire
Also flying on the 12th, first thing. Hoping I'll be able to use the old OLCI system on the 10th (as the system upgrade doesn't start until 7pm). I guess this would still be accepting the 5-digit PNR?

Hope that KLIA isn't too chaotic that morning...
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by brbear
Also flying on the 12th, first thing. Hoping I'll be able to use the old OLCI system on the 10th (as the system upgrade doesn't start until 7pm). I guess this would still be accepting the 5-digit PNR?

Hope that KLIA isn't too chaotic that morning...
If the PNRs don't work for whatever reason, use the e-ticket number. I think that stays the same.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
System Upgrade info

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/...m_upgrade.html

Remember that there will be bolts and screws out of place for the next week or so as far as the website/check in is concerned.

It took SQ & CX over a month to sort their systems out, and when BA and QF transitioned to Amadeus, it was disastrous for over 6 months! Lets just hope MH fares better...
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

Remember that there will be bolts and screws out of place for the next week or so as far as the website/check in is concerned.

It took SQ & CX over a month to sort their systems out, and when BA and QF transitioned to Amadeus, it was disastrous for over 6 months! Lets just hope MH fares better...
Will be interesting to see how MH cope during the month of ramadhan when staff are not eating meals/drinking water during working hours and being on a fast affects productivity.

They surely could have been rational about it and done the switch over either before/after Ramadhan.

Just saying as half the staff in my office look like they are half awake and drained of energy. But it is normal during the fast.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

Just to share, I've already not been able to check-in or book flights since this morning. A good 10 hours before the system was supposed to be taken offline at 9pm today.

Sign of things to come ?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 6:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by wantan
Just to share, I've already not been able to check-in or book flights since this morning. A good 10 hours before the system was supposed to be taken offline at 9pm today.

Sign of things to come ?
I had problems two weeks ago trying to book a flight and gave up. Ended up flying Royal Brunei instead to Bangkok and ended up saving RM500 flying direct rather than on MH via KL.

Flew back to KL via Air Asia instead.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 5:28 pm
Suspended

7.20am...portal is still out of action.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
I know the entire thing is still buggy and not working as hell, but I'd love to see if the MH-issued 6 digit PNR would finally work on BA/QF/AY's online Manage My Booking.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: MH Gold / OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
I know the entire thing is still buggy and not working as hell, but I'd love to see if the MH-issued 6 digit PNR would finally work on BA/QF/AY's online Manage My Booking.
Just tried pulling up a booking with an MH 6 digit PNR on BA and QF and it seems to work.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MeltingAlf

Think it work's already. I just pulled my reservation and it worked.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: EXP PLT, UA1K, QF Gold
Business CLass seats assignment Chargeable

Called MH reservations to confirm seats after migration - all seats wiped & asked to pay MYR$11 per sector for a business class seat assignment - is this a future enhancement?

Flights showing on the app but the app is full of bugs and you cannot select seats or update contact details

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.