FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Malaysia Airlines | Enrich (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich-758/)
-   -   MH flights operated by Etihad -where to credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich/1843890-mh-flights-operated-etihad-where-credit.html)

tkwetina May 22, 2017 5:38 am

MH flights operated by Etihad -where to credit

I booked flights today:

MH flight numbers- some operated by EY

How should I credit them ?

I got AirBerlin and BAEC - booking classes C and D but I assume the flights operated by EY will not be credited to OW for status and miles, am I right ?

SilverChris May 23, 2017 1:06 am

Originally Posted by tkwetina (Post 28343541)
I booked flights today:

MH flight numbers- some operated by EY

How should I credit them ?

I got AirBerlin and BAEC - booking classes C and D but I assume the flights operated by EY will not be credited to OW for status and miles, am I right ?

If you credit to AB topbonus you'll receive status and redeemable miles. Not sure if the MH flight number would make a difference, though.

bhomburg May 23, 2017 1:31 am

Topbonus will be your best bet, as you earn status miles for EY native flights.
However, you may be SOL as the T&C for topbonus explicitly state "flights with Malaysia Airlines (MH) flight number that are not operated by Malaysia Airlines or an oneworldŽ airline partner [..] are not eligible for mileage accrual."

carrotjuice May 23, 2017 5:22 am

To credit to BAEC it must be MH coded and OW operated - with the exception for a few like certain flights on Qantas operated by Jetstar, all Qantas operated by Emirates, and all Cathay Dragon flights even though it technically isn't part of OW.

eminere May 23, 2017 7:47 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 28348161)
To credit to BAEC it must be MH coded and OW operated - with the exception for a few like certain flights on Qantas operated by Jetstar, all Qantas operated by Emirates, and all Cathay Dragon flights even though it technically isn't part of OW.

Well, technically it is a OW affiliate so you enjoy the full range of OW services and benefits.

lcpteck May 23, 2017 10:41 am

I believe you can only credit to MH since it's not a Oneworld operated airline.

tkwetina May 23, 2017 10:00 pm

I checked the eticket from Etihad, it says

Fare Basis / Fare Choice CBZ1YEG

-> Is it booking class C or Z on Etihad ?

I can access the eticket on Etihad with their booking code and add Etihad`s FF partners (incl. Korean Air) so if I get it right I can credit to AB though I am inclined to ask AB before that to be on the safe side.

Pretty confident I am not able to enjoy OW benefits on EY flights, e.g. I check in at EY counter in Cairo to a flight operated by Etihad- transit in AUH there should be no OW benefits.

tkwetina May 23, 2017 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by eminere (Post 28348612)
Well, technically it is a OW affiliate so you enjoy the full range of OW services and benefits.

But flight operated by non OW partner should exclude that, e.g. I am not able to use a OW lounge when I am on EY metal but MH ticket, except maybe MH and EY have an agreement.

Looking at AB- topbonus they belong to EY and OW so with my AB card I can enjoy EY benefits

eminere May 24, 2017 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by tkwetina (Post 28351981)
But flight operated by non OW partner should exclude that, e.g. I am not able to use a OW lounge when I am on EY metal but MH ticket, except maybe MH and EY have an agreement.

Correct. I was talking about Cathay Dragon which is a OW affiliate, hence the range of OW benefits apply. Etihad is neither a OW airline nor affiliate so no OW benefits apply.

bhomburg May 26, 2017 7:42 am

Originally Posted by eminere (Post 28356104)
Correct. I was talking about Cathay Dragon which is a OW affiliate, hence the range of OW benefits apply. Etihad is neither a OW airline nor affiliate so no OW benefits apply.

except for if one has Airberlin topbonus status. AB, in addition to being in oneworld is a member of the "Etihad Partners" 'alliance' in which all EY-owned airlines are bundled together. Topbonus status holders do enjoy status benefits when flying Etihad, namely lounge access. See here: https://www.airberlin.com/en/site/la...=4&type=etihad.

If OP is hoping to credit miles for this flight to any oneworld program (other than Enrich), topbonus will likely be the only viable option, although their T&C are ambiguous.

tkwetina May 27, 2017 8:09 pm

Got a reply from AB - both credit & status miles for all flights by MH&EY.