Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Massive Devaluation? Effective 10 June

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by Enhancements
Yes, but at RM3900, most other airlines would have had fares that accrue much more. So I do understand where wolf72 is coming from... I'm pretty sure you can get a mid-Y fare on Qatar that gives 50% to major programs.

MH in general has been pretty mediocre in terms of Oneworld accruals. It's terrible in Y, but occasionally affects J too (AU and UK flights earn full-fare Y instead of J on QFF).
Exactly! You explained it better.

But anyways, whatever it is, I really did want to keep supporting MH as I have for over 27 years but that loyalty for international sectors ends after this. I have one more flight on the A380 heading back and will earn a miserable 2800 points for the return leg (whoopie doo...) and will switch to Etihad after this.

Even to upgrade from EY to Business, its now 70,000 points unlike before when it was 40,000-50,000 points.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by wolf72
But anyways, whatever it is, I really did want to keep supporting MH as I have for over 27 years but that loyalty for international sectors ends after this. I have one more flight on the A380 heading back and will earn a miserable 2800 points for the return leg (whoopie doo...) and will switch to Etihad after this.
I'm shocked that after so many years of "loyalty" to MH you had no idea what fare you were booking, and no clue of the number of miles you'd earn before purchasing the ticket. Then you log onto Flyertalk and pin the blame on MH

Have fun with EY. I'm sure the regulars in that forum would be thrilled to read about your thoughts on toilet queues and in-lounge upgrades.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Travel planning is the key

Originally Posted by SilverChris
I'm shocked that after so many years of "loyalty" to MH you had no idea what fare you were booking, and no clue of the number of miles you'd earn before purchasing the ticket. Then you log onto Flyertalk and pin the blame on MH .
+1

So, why do you still fly MH if you have such a vendetta against them?

I'm flabbergasted that after 27 years of flying with MH, OP should know how the airline operates, what the fare classes & mileage accrual rates are, and to manage his expectations accordingly.
I'm not quite sure what he's unhappy with, because there are so many points that he mentioned.

Also, if OP had done a search on the A380 on this forum, he would have found some data points provided by myself & some other members with regards to the KUL-LHR sectors.

Some of the members here are trying to make this forum a helpful & insightful place for travelers, and all this whining isn't really contributing anything at all.

p/s welcome back from your hiatus from FT
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Not likely to redeem on MH

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Try KUL-LHR in J
I've switched to QR PC & banked all my miles from my flights on both MH & QR there. I think MH & Enrich just isn't the airline / frequent flyer program for me.

But it's a great way to attain/renew tier status tho'
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by d00t
MH is excellent in terms of Oneworld (as in no mile differentiation like CX, QF etc), and a heck of a lot better than Qantas in many ways.
what do u mean by "mile differentiation"?

I actually transferred all my points from the Accor Plus/Le Club program to my QF acct. because it is a 1:1 conversion.
Hoping to redeem a J class ticket from SIN to LAX/DFW in 2018

Originally Posted by d00t
Where did you see that? Works fine for me
The Enrich website was prolly buggy earlier this month, I'm not sure if it's been fixed. I've emptied out my Enrich acct. so no reason to log in anymore ... :^
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: AZ FA+, BA & UA Gold
Originally Posted by kaffir76
what do u mean by "mile differentiation"?
I think d00t means tier/status miles (EQM) are the same as award miles (RDM).

Marco Polo moved from miles to club points and made status qualifying when flying solely in Y much harder.

Anyway, re: MH, my experience with the economy fares is that the majority of reasonable fares these days are coded really low (Q/O/G). S/N fares can get expensive, and aside from MH, they earn terrible on every other OW partner.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaffir76
+1

So, why do you still fly MH if you have such a vendetta against them?

I'm flabbergasted that after 27 years of flying with MH, OP should know how the airline operates, what the fare classes & mileage accrual rates are, and to manage his expectations accordingly.
I'm not quite sure what he's unhappy with, because there are so many points that he mentioned.

Also, if OP had done a search on the A380 on this forum, he would have found some data points provided by myself & some other members with regards to the KUL-LHR sectors.

Some of the members here are trying to make this forum a helpful & insightful place for travelers, and all this whining isn't really contributing anything at all.

p/s welcome back from your hiatus from FT
Why don't you show everyone where the points are listed vs the different fares so nobody can dispute that MH have been open and transparent about amount of points awarded vs air fare prices alright?

If it was THAT transparent, nobody would have issues. But they ARE NOT transparent. Unlike other airliners who do tell you how many points you will earn IF you purchase a particular airfare or if you earn 50% less or if you will earn 100% more, MH does not.

Do you think 99.9% of Malaysian travellers actually know how many enrich points they are earning everytime they fly MH? Probably not. Do the 0.1% individuals like you who claim to know actually know ? Maybe..but who know's.

MH could have made life easier for everyone (including me) when they upgraded their website and could have done it but chose not to.

Their new website has very little to shout about from a customer experience pov but then again, it would seem, things haven't really changed for the better at MH despite the CEO's talk about improvements.

It is just all talk. Wayang as we say in Malaysia.

Last edited by wolf72; Aug 2, 2017 at 3:10 am
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Why don't you show everyone where the points are listed vs the different fares so nobody can dispute that MH have been open and transparent about amount of points awarded vs air fare prices alright?

If it was THAT transparent, nobody would have issues. But they ARE NOT transparent. Unlike other airliners who do tell you how many points you will earn IF you purchase a particular airfare or if you earn 50% less or if you will earn 100% more, MH does not.

Do you think 99.9% of Malaysian travellers actually know how many enrich points they are earning everytime they fly MH? Probably not. Do the 0.1% individuals like you who claim to know actually know ? Maybe..but who know's.

MH could have made life easier for everyone (including me) when they upgraded their website and could have done it but chose not to.

Their new website has very little to shout about from a customer experience pov but then again, it would seem, things haven't really changed for the better at MH despite the CEO's talk about improvements.

It is just all talk. Wayang as we say in Malaysia.
Pretty easy to find IMHO.

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/enrich/earn-enrich-miles/malaysia-airlines.html
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: EK Silver
Malaysia Airlines CEO re-engages with Oneworld, reboots Enrich

Malaysia Airlines plans to be a more active member of the Oneworld alliance, says CEO Peter Bellew while also launching "a complete reboot" of its Enrich frequent flyer scheme.

The Malaysian flag-carrier joined Oneworld in early 2013 under the sponsorship of Qantas.

“But I think we did very little with Oneworld,” Bellew tells Australian Business Traveller, adding that the airline sometimes dropped the ball by not being “a very active” partner.

“There were some mistakes made in the past, we’ve had to make a few apologies, eat a bit of humble pie and admit we were the weakest link in the chain.”

“But I think there’s a great opportunity for Malaysia Airlines within the Oneworld alliance and there’s plenty of business to be done there.”

“We have a lot to offer the other carriers because we do fly to some relatively obscure places, and offer great connections at good value and a lovely product.”

Bellew says that Oneworld CEO Rob Gurney – a 25-year veteran of Qantas, British Airways and Emirates – “is kicking my butt to get me properly aligned with what’s happening, and he’s been very supportive to what we’re doing.”

Rebooting Enrich

The airline’s frequent flyer scheme is also subject of what Bellew describes to Australian Business Traveller as “a complete reboot.”

“I think the Enrich program has immense potential. In Malaysia, which is our core market, it’s the most recognised loyalty brand but we’ve done very, very little with it over the years… there’s been a lack of resources put on it, and maybe because of everything else that’s going on.”

“We haven’t been treating (Enrich) like a business,” Bellew reflects. “It’s been a little bit of an interesting sideshow, whereas it should have been core part of the business, so we’re going to invest in people and systems and the backend in the next 12 months.”

A cornerstone of this is the recent appointment of Australian Mark Ross-Smith – a loyalty consultant and champion of ‘big data’ – to head the Loyalty & Enrich portfolio.

“I think this time next year you’ll see a vastly different business” Bellew speculates. “Of all the things in the company, Enrich has got the most potential to be a very significant part of the business over the years.”

Bellew promises “the overall program will become much more attractive” as well as more competitive against competitors such as Singapore Airlines’ KrisFlyer.

This might also see an increase in the number of Qantas Points earned on Malaysia Airlines flights.

“We haven’t started discussions like that with Qantas, it’s a little bit further down the road,” Bellew says.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-ai...reboots-enrich
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by asheby
Why is it not accessible during the online reservation part? Why is it hidden away in some corner of their enrich website instead?

Compare MH to Qatar & Etihad, everything is crystal clear; how many points to be earned with the selected fare and class, penalties for flight changes/cancellations/refunds, etc etc.

Why can't MH be transparent? This after all the hoo-hah about upgrading their website which, for the consumer, has not been very much of an improvement to see from the old one.
Attached Images   

Last edited by wolf72; Aug 15, 2017 at 8:45 pm
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nedelk
Malaysia Airlines CEO re-engages with Oneworld, reboots Enrich

Malaysia Airlines plans to be a more active member of the Oneworld alliance, says CEO Peter Bellew while also launching "a complete reboot" of its Enrich frequent flyer scheme.

The Malaysian flag-carrier joined Oneworld in early 2013 under the sponsorship of Qantas.

“But I think we did very little with Oneworld,” Bellew tells Australian Business Traveller, adding that the airline sometimes dropped the ball by not being “a very active” partner.

“There were some mistakes made in the past, we’ve had to make a few apologies, eat a bit of humble pie and admit we were the weakest link in the chain.”

“But I think there’s a great opportunity for Malaysia Airlines within the Oneworld alliance and there’s plenty of business to be done there.”

“We have a lot to offer the other carriers because we do fly to some relatively obscure places, and offer great connections at good value and a lovely product.”

Bellew says that Oneworld CEO Rob Gurney – a 25-year veteran of Qantas, British Airways and Emirates – “is kicking my butt to get me properly aligned with what’s happening, and he’s been very supportive to what we’re doing.”

Rebooting Enrich

The airline’s frequent flyer scheme is also subject of what Bellew describes to Australian Business Traveller as “a complete reboot.”

“I think the Enrich program has immense potential. In Malaysia, which is our core market, it’s the most recognised loyalty brand but we’ve done very, very little with it over the years… there’s been a lack of resources put on it, and maybe because of everything else that’s going on.”

“We haven’t been treating (Enrich) like a business,” Bellew reflects. “It’s been a little bit of an interesting sideshow, whereas it should have been core part of the business, so we’re going to invest in people and systems and the backend in the next 12 months.”

A cornerstone of this is the recent appointment of Australian Mark Ross-Smith – a loyalty consultant and champion of ‘big data’ – to head the Loyalty & Enrich portfolio.

“I think this time next year you’ll see a vastly different business” Bellew speculates. “Of all the things in the company, Enrich has got the most potential to be a very significant part of the business over the years.”

Bellew promises “the overall program will become much more attractive” as well as more competitive against competitors such as Singapore Airlines’ KrisFlyer.

This might also see an increase in the number of Qantas Points earned on Malaysia Airlines flights.

“We haven’t started discussions like that with Qantas, it’s a little bit further down the road,” Bellew says.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-ai...reboots-enrich

Will be interesting to see what changes and positive aspects will happen with the enrich program. You get the impression it is a ship that has been left out at sea without a rope.

Last edited by wolf72; Aug 15, 2017 at 8:39 pm
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:20 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Will be interesting to see what changes and positive aspects will happen with the enrich program. You get the impression it is a ship that has been left out at sea without a rope.
...soooo...

Was the recent massive devaluation PRE or POST reboot?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
...soooo...

Was the recent massive devaluation PRE or POST reboot?
Pardon? I didn't understand the question. Sorry gilbertaue.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:23 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Pardon? I didn't understand the question. Sorry gilbertaue.
Bellew talks about a "Enrich reboot". So has that already happened - hence the devaluation..

or

could it be that he too thinks the devaluation was a bad idea and a reboot is necessary.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Bellew talks about a "Enrich reboot". So has that already happened - hence the devaluation..

or

could it be that he too thinks the devaluation was a bad idea and a reboot is necessary.
I really don't know to be honest. I am hoping they realize they may have screwed up with the devaluation and have brought in someone who specializes in this sort of thing to take charge of it and to put things back on track and to expand it and help the program grow.

It does correctly stated have a very strong brand following in Malaysia. If they can improve it and expand it around Asia, it will help.

At the moment, the program devaluation is just...awful. And no more discounted routes for miles for over a year I think.

Anyways, let's give MH the benefit of the doubt that they do care and want to get things right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.