Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Lounge upgrades at KUL (Regional and Domestic)

Lounge upgrades at KUL (Regional and Domestic)

Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by wolf72
The main international lounge at the Sat building is open. That closes soon I think for a major reno. The regional lounge which is in the main terminal building is supposed to open at the end of Aug.

Not sure which airline you are flying out of KLIA with but the Sat lounge is accessible by the monorail from the main building anyways.

Sorry, will be flying MH.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Sorry, will be flying MH.
Then best bet is the Sat terminal (the golden lounge is directly above and behind you as you walk out of the monorail at the sat terminal. Take a lift or escalator one level up).

The regional lounge might be up by the time you fly but I was told to expect it to open end of Aug.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
flew Malindo last week and noticed the MH Domestic Lounge is closed as well. Posters pointed to a "Tea Room" as replacement. Is it any good ? Looking from a Food, Seating & Washroom perspective.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by wantan
flew Malindo last week and noticed the MH Domestic Lounge is closed as well. Posters pointed to a "Tea Room" as replacement. Is it any good ? Looking from a Food, Seating & Washroom perspective.
Nothing to shout about. Good enough as a temporary option.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Amb Elite
I asked last week at the Satellite Golden Lounge reception whether the Business/ First lounges are due to close in August as previously announced and the receptionist said there were delays and these lounges would likely be open through September (no specific date). Suggests to me the Regional lounge refurb is delayed beyond 15 Aug - guess we'll find out next week...
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by PhilE
I asked last week at the Satellite Golden Lounge reception whether the Business/ First lounges are due to close in August as previously announced and the receptionist said there were delays and these lounges would likely be open through September (no specific date). Suggests to me the Regional lounge refurb is delayed beyond 15 Aug - guess we'll find out next week...
Typical. Would be news if something is on time here.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PhilE
The only thing I like at the F lounge would be sleeping rooms. Have done few trips between KUL and SYD and it seems MH only allow me to select the morning departure MH141 for Z fare. Will need to use Sama Sama if they close F lounge for renovation.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Well, to my surprise I found our the Domestic Lounge had actually re-opened yesterday.
I took a few quick pictures so you can get an idea.
Basically nothing much changed, except for some furniture changes and upgrades of some of the materials used in the lounge.
The bathroom was maybe the largest improvement, unfortunately no picture as it would've been a bit awkward.

Other than that, not too many changes. Same food and beverage offerings and even the carpet seemed to be the same as before.
Anyway, good the lounge is open again.

eminere, clubeurope and Coathanger like this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:51 am

Thats a big difference between the old and new. If that is defined as not much has changed, I do wonder what MH needs to do to qualify as much-has-changed? Perhaps a separate premium terminal?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Any photos of the Regional Lounge?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Any photos of the Regional Lounge?
Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Zawnet
Thats a big difference between the old and new. If that is defined as not much has changed, I do wonder what MH needs to do to qualify as much-has-changed? Perhaps a separate premium terminal?
Basically same lousy service, food and beverage in a newer setting.So really nothing has changed.
quinzinho likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Smile

Originally Posted by ashkale
Basically same lousy service, food and beverage in a newer setting.So really nothing has changed.
I wonder how much service you're expecting from a self-serve buffet? As for the F&B offering, definitely palatable and edible to a Malaysian such as myself, I'd hardly call it 'lousy'. And the new lounge is definitely a massive improvement over the previous one.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:42 am

Was surprised to see it open today (going for A350 flight) but I am not in J. Seems like a new coat of paint and new furniture. Aesthetically a huge improvement especially for the dining area. It used to be gloomy and dark but now it looks nice. The old shower/toilet is quite bad so a change is good to hear. If you have visited the domestic lounge at BKI before, is the shower room as nice? The one in BKI is surprisingly gorgeous (was in my old trip report that is ruined by photobucket). My favourite bit of the domestick lounge at KUL is the view. You can literally touch the plane parked at A2.
asheby likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond

To add on to quinzinho's post, the Domestic lavatory. There is also a new separate baby change area.

Overall a nice improvement, especially the space at the end of the lounge which has seats facing out ala the MH Lounge at LHR. Gave me the perfect vantage to catch 9MMAB taxing past.

F&B wise, the laksa/noodle menu remains but pasta seems to have been replaced by Thai Fish Cakes & Currypuffs ^ . The horrid soda machine is gone as well, and when I asked if there was Coke on offer, the staff managed to produce a can of Pepsi (strange that Coke is served onboard, but Pepsi in lounge?)

Last edited by wantan; Dec 14, 2017 at 8:00 pm Reason: pics

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.