Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Lounge upgrades at KUL (Regional and Domestic)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge upgrades at KUL (Regional and Domestic)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Is the Domestic lounge really being closed for renovations? I used it when I transited through on 2 and then on 5 June. It was very much still open.
I was there yesterday too and I asked about this.
The domestic lounge will close on June 15th and reopen on September 1st. A temporary lounge will be near gate B3 I think.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Domestic is still open. Am in it as we speak.

I really don't see why they need to do major renovations for the domestic lounge. The carpet needs replacing, fair enough. The showers/toilet maybe needs to be re-done. But everything else is still good in my opinion.

If anything, the international lounge needed a major overhaul more than the domestic.

I can see why the regional is being upgraded though it was fine for me.

Maybe the plan is a fresh look every five years to keep up with image and freshness?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by Globalist

Domestic Golden Lounge
Closed from midnight 2 June until 15 August 2017
[/LIST]
For more information, please write to [email protected]
Hehe I was just in the MH domestic lounge yesterday 12 June. Looks like they haven't shut for renovations yet.

Can confirm regional is well and truly closed though.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ermen
Hehe I was just in the MH domestic lounge yesterday 12 June. Looks like they haven't shut for renovations yet.

Can confirm regional is well and truly closed though.
Yes. Totally closed. Only ghosts' in there now.

Domestic doesn't need any renovations. Just improvements on the food/meal options, drink options for now.

Its very popular as it is with domestic travellers.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:01 am

Domestic lounge will close from 16th June.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zawnet
Domestic lounge will close from 16th June.
I still think there is no need to renovate the domestic lounge. It is fine the way it is and a waste of $ upgrading it.

Improve the food.

More vegetable dishes and perhaps a tau-fu dish.

No milo available which is a bit disappointing.

Improve the drink selection. Upgrade the shower facilities and provide disposable flip flops to use in the showe/toilet area.

Add mobile phone charging points and UPGRADE the WIFI standards. At the moment, it is hit and miss. Sometimes it's fast. Other times it's slow.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:37 pm

Agree about wifi being hit and miss. Keeps disconnecting and you have to key in the password 7-8 times during a typical visit.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by wolf72
I still think there is no need to renovate the domestic lounge. It is fine the way it is and a waste of $ upgrading it.

Improve the food.

More vegetable dishes and perhaps a tau-fu dish.

No milo available which is a bit disappointing.

Improve the drink selection. Upgrade the shower facilities and provide disposable flip flops to use in the showe/toilet area.

Add mobile phone charging points and UPGRADE the WIFI standards. At the moment, it is hit and miss. Sometimes it's fast. Other times it's slow.
I'd agree that the F&B offering needs to be improved, toilets/showers definitely definitely definitely need to spruced up. Carpet probably also needs a change and the addition of power points probably requires rewiring work done. All in all, does sound like renovation work is necessitated here.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:37 pm

Travelling to from LHR to DPS via KUL on 2nd August in J on Malaysia. What’s our best options for lounges whilst this refurb is going on. I don’t have any status with other airlines and it’s our first time travelling through KUL.

Thanks

Mistuk
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by mistuk
Travelling to from LHR to DPS via KUL on 2nd August in J on Malaysia. What’s our best options for lounges whilst this refurb is going on. I don’t have any status with other airlines and it’s our first time travelling through KUL.

Thanks

Mistuk
Only one option for an MH lounge: the main one at the satellite building, where you will disembark at on arrival from LHR.

You could use the CX lounge too in the same building but it isnt that much better than the MH one, and is much smaller.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:26 am

Btw, the domestic lounge is still not closed yet. Understand that the refurbishment work will only start from/after 3-July - this, after a few deferments.

Temporary lounge remains the space at gate B3 - So does this mean gate B3 will never be used to board pax during the time the temp lounge is located there? Seems to be a waste as there are usually insufficient gates during the morning rush hours for Malindo flights.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Was at the J lounge at the satellite section yesterday morning! Felt like a cafeteria with the amount of people there. They can hardly keep up replenishing everything.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Zawnet
Only one option for an MH lounge: the main one at the satellite building, where you will disembark at on arrival from LHR.

You could use the CX lounge too in the same building but it isnt that much better than the MH one, and is much smaller.
I tried to access CX but the staff said CX lounge not allowing passenger with MH J ticket .. that was last year.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
I tried to access CX but the staff said CX lounge not allowing passenger with MH J ticket .. that was last year.
Then they were grossly misinformed.
It's open to all OW airlines passengers entitled to lounge access:

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/KUL/-1
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:06 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by quinzinho
Then they were grossly misinformed.
It's open to all OW airlines passengers entitled to lounge access:

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/KUL/-1
Of course they can cite capacity constraints. It's small so it's possible it fills quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.