Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

"New" BKK lounge for MH (and a few others)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

Ok. So the next time you depart from BKK and thumb your nose up when the check in agent starts writing out a lounge invite to what you think is the Louis Tavern lounge as you will probably be heading to the CX lounge... DON'T.

The Louis Tavern has been replaced by the Miracle Lounge group and it just so happens that I was there yesterday at their Grand Opening. There are altogether 6 Miracle Group lounges throughout the airport. But the biggest and best is the one at Concourse D. Just after the Priority Lane Security and Immigration lane, you walk out to that Thai statue with the long... rope, tentacles (I forget) and walk straight past it in front of you and you will see the Concourse D escalator and elevator.

There are two entrances. The first one is the Business Class entrance and further down the hall is the First Class entrance.

The lounge is huge. With lots of seating, and munchies.

But the piece de resistance is the Open Kitchen - which will serve Chicken/Roast Duck Rice all day (you can see the hanging fowls), and noodle soups, and mango and sticky rice. The Open Kitchen closes at 9pm though the lounge is open 24/7. There is a smorgasbord of food. I kicked myself for having eaten at the S&P restaurant before checking in for there was so much food to be had here.

(Vegetarians look away)

You can just make out the mango and sticky rice in the far right corner

SUSHI

The food offerings look almost the same though I am told that the wines in the First Class section is better. There is an open bar (obviously) and even one at the Bamboo Garden which is situated in an open area outside the lounge for smokers.

COZY CORNER

SMOKERS : HERE YOU GO !

YOUR OWN OPEN BAR (and FRIDGE TOO)

SHOWER FACILITIES:

WASHROOM

FUNNY THING IS THAT THERE WASN'T A HAND DRYER!

The lounge is open to other OW airlines like UL, AY, QF, and others like TK, NH, ET, OZ, AI (who probably don't want to use the ever packed TG lounges) and a slew of other airlines plus Priority Pass members.

THE LOUNGE ALSO ACCEPTS :

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Apr 29, 2017 at 10:33 am
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Thank you and looking forward to your pictures!

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
The lounge is huge. With lots of seating, and munchies. But the piece de resistance is the Open Kitchen - which will serve Chicken/Roast Duck Rice all day (you can see the hanging fowls), and noodle soups, and mango and sticky rice.
You had me at mango sticky rice
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Exciting news...this is a game changer for MH!
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by wolf72
Exciting news...this is a game changer for MH!
Not really sure that I'd call it a game changer. If you have status with MH it also gets you into pretty nice Cathay Pacific as well as JAL lounges as well. Though, I am not meaning this post to diminish the fact that another solid Lounge has come online
Old May 1, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thanks for the lounge review

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Not really sure that I'd call it a game changer. If you have status with MH it also gets you into pretty nice Cathay Pacific as well as JAL lounges as well. Though, I am not meaning this post to diminish the fact that another solid Lounge has come online
+1
+1
= 3

I'd love to check out the new JAL lounge, I remember walking past it & thinking to myself "WOW" ..
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
How do you get in flying Jetstar? They don't have J.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:57 am

Far more impressive array of food than what TG serves in their flagship lounge.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
Looks good!

But make sure you go to the "right" Miracle Lounge!

I was there a few days ago and went to the one nearest my gate. Which in huge BKK is not always a bad idea!

But it was a bad idea - the Miracle Lounge I went to was a small dismal affair. No washrooms and very average food and beverage offerings.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
Thanks for sharing this! The lounge is very easy to find based on directions listed above or printed behind invite card.

It is a vast improvement to the other Miracle lounges. I was meeting a friend at the business side. The business lounge food isn't as good. Food offerings were lousier and no sushi (head to JL for that!) the bamboo garden also lacks a drink cart...

After my colleague left I headed to the CX lounge as it was closer to my gate. For those who drink note that CX lounge BKK doesn't offer champagne anymore but the sparkling Chandon brut and rose is still very nice.

But the new Miracle lounge concourse D is indeed an upgrade!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:11 am

Indeed but rather Ho hum in comparison to what's on offer elsewhere in the region - esp when it's a brand new lounge .
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
I was in there earlier today and the F&B offerings were nothing too exciting. There were 3 made to order dishes, but no mango sticky rice or sushi. There was also a fridge full of refrozen ice cream near the halal corner.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
I am so glad I saw this thread before my SIN-BKK-KUL-SIN mileage run this weekend. Thank you @guybetsy!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Some updates from a quickie yesterday.

The fowls are hanging in the First Class section only.

No more booze in the al fresco smoking area

Limited booze in business class. Insipid Ozzie Chardonnay and Shiraz. No bubbles.

I quickly retreated to the CX lounge as well. Will try the JAL lounge next time
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OWE), VA Platinum
For Jetstar, they have a "max bundle" where you get lounge access.

http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/help/ar...whats-included
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR
@Guy Betsy: Is a OneWorld Emerald flying MH in Y entitled entry to the first class Miracle Lounge?

@freddo: The Piper-Heidsieck was going down nicely in the CX lounge on the 4th of August. I'll be there in 3 days and will ask the amazing front desk staff if there's been any change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.