Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Special fares ex-HKG not searchable on MH website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:54 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

Have been looking at some of the current special fares ex-HKG at the moment. For example, HKG-SYD for HKD 12k, HKG-SIN for HKD 3.7k

If you search directly on the MH website, you can't find any promo fares. If you search using the MH iPhone app, you can find the fares. I'm not sure if you'll have a problem when it comes to actually ticketing via the iPhone app.

Are other people seeing this problem?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Something is up with the MH website. You can't do transit flights out of malaysian cities into Kuala Lumpur to connect on to indonesia/australia or the UK for some reason.

It won't let you.

It's been like this for over 10 days now. We got fed up trying to book our connecting flights to London and are now going on Singapore Airlines instead for our meeting.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Looks like MH still has a lot to catch up, including it's IT infrastructure.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
People on the web tend to pay more for some products in some countries.
I'm not entirely sure MH RM would be looking so deep into this stuff, but you never know.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
MH is switching over to the Amadeus GDS on June 10. That could be a reason why there's a glitch (and also the lack of ex-TH sales? ).

PS: The US website is already running on Amadeus.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, BA & UA Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
Have been looking at some of the current special fares ex-HKG at the moment. For example, HKG-SYD for HKD 12k, HKG-SIN for HKD 3.7k

If you search directly on the MH website, you can't find any promo fares. If you search using the MH iPhone app, you can find the fares. I'm not sure if you'll have a problem when it comes to actually ticketing via the iPhone app.

Are other people seeing this problem?
That's been the case for a while. I once booked all my ex-TH promos through the app. Use it before you lose it
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by SLGO
Looks like MH still has a lot to catch up, including it's IT infrastructure.
It was fine until last week. Something has gone wrong with their online booking system and website.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
It has always been abit wonky.

Long time ago i was able to book a Z fare with a JL codeshare to NRT on the app. On the website the codeshare flight was available for 3 times the price!

I miss the Z fares
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Having a flight this Friday, normally I see emails about sim card promos, online check-in etc.. Nothing this time.

Online check-in time has come and low and behold:
even before entering any details the SITA site states: Your request could not be completed at this time. See a Customer Service Agent at the airport for assistance.

Besides this I have recently had issues booking flights ex BKK to London. The site just comes up with an error..

The site is really falling apart..

Globalist

*update, 2 hours later the check in worked.

Last edited by Globalist; Apr 12, 2017 at 2:23 am
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by nov11
MH is switching over to the Amadeus GDS on June 10. That could be a reason why there's a glitch (and also the lack of ex-TH sales? ).

PS: The US website is already running on Amadeus.
MH has a US website ???
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Are you sure you are on the HK version of the MH website?...because it matters with MH. For example if you try to buy domestic ex KUL fares on HK version it will be like 5x times more expensive than on the MY version.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
MH has a US website ???
Yes they do and that's where they are running live test on the Amadeus GDS (I haven't bought tickets from MH recently so I don't know if I'll receive the 6 character PNR yet). But it's a very basic website for now (just to book flights) and they'll add more info back when the full website is up and running.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.