Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

MH New aircraft orders... and seating for A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH New aircraft orders... and seating for A350

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by windchaser777
I thought it was perfectly fine and actually quite enjoyable, and this was after flying to and from FRA in CX F. With the door closed, it was obvious that you were in an enclosed space but didn’t feel ‘coffin-like’ at all, no different to the feeling I have in CX J.

I’m actually working on ways to fly MH F to LHR.
Personally I don’t feel ‘coffin-like’ when the door is closed, instead, I felt more like I’m in a baby cot and the cabin crews are the parents frequently coming to watch over me
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Globalist

Thanks M, If I am lucky enough to keep the seat tomorrow I will measure it. It is not super wide.

In the end it is not the best F seat out there but it is perfectly adequate. We can’t compare EK/QR/SQ with this as that is a whole different world.

@msm2000uk, not carrying a measuring tape in my hand carry but basically found that the width of the F seat is exactly the same as the Business seat. So I Guess the hard product benefits of F are, an enclosed suite, a bigger TV screen and a touch panel control for the IFE.

This morning I flew 9M-MAC from Penang to KL and later I will fly KL to SIngapore in the 9M-MAB. On both flights my row 1 seats did not stick. I changed it back several times until someone smartened up and blocked all F seats for selection. No one was seated in the F section on the flight I just had.

So I had 2A just now. A decent Business class seat with a table section on the right side. 3A has the table on the right side putting the seat closer to the window, Row 4 does not exist and rows 5 to 11 alternate with the rest of even seats closer to the window. Rows 9-11 are in a mini C cabin.

The business seats in the middle (D and G) are all pairs and the K side row alternates between single throne seats and paired seats with the throne seats on the even numb rd is deceptively do the mini cabin hitch has a throne seats on row 9 and 11 with a pair on row 10. The throne seats have a table on both sides of the seat also making them a bit removed from the window.

The quirks of the cabin are well known. Row 4 does not exist. I Guess that’s some Chinese influence as the number 4 in mandarin sounds similar to the word for death. The seat controls are sensitive and if you rest your arm on the armrest you will touch them and inadvertently move your seat. That said as Long as MH prices their Business fares as they do now and don’t in case to SQ etc levels then it is perfectly adequate for me.

i also added a screenshot of the wifi plans offered on the domestic and Singapore flight.

Globalist

9M-MAB

Business seat tv screen

Business seat IFE control. The tv screen is also a touch screen.

Easy to accidentally change the seat settings

Seat settings panel

Forward Business cabin overview

2K throne seat.

Ample space

Wifi plans

msm2000uk and quinzinho like this.

Last edited by Globalist; Jan 14, 2018 at 5:37 am Reason: Updated photos and registration
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Hey funny, I was on the 9M-MAB from Penang to KL today, so you were on the flight before me.
Contrary to your experience, I saw when I did online check-in that 1 of the seats on row 1 was selected. But I thought I'd be kicked out of that and played safe with throne seat 2K (nice seat, seems though the touch panel with all the seat functions is not working properly).
But, that person was indeed in seat 1K and could fly in it... quite surprised.
Anyway, I agree that the First class suites looked narrow and indeed the same seat at Business.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by quinzinho
Hey funny, I was on the 9M-MAB from Penang to KL today, so you were on the flight before me.
Contrary to your experience, I saw when I did online check-in that 1 of the seats on row 1 was selected. But I thought I'd be kicked out of that and played safe with throne seat 2K (nice seat, seems though the touch panel with all the seat functions is not working properly).
But, that person was indeed in seat 1K and could fly in it... quite surprised.
Anyway, I agree that the First class suites looked narrow and indeed the same seat at Business.
i saw your flight coming in when I was in the lounge and in “your” seat in the next flight to Singapore. When I booked I thought there was only one 350 service a day from PEN so did not realise I could have slept in

Globalist
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

The indication of the seat with after measuring my arm and one hand is about 55/60cm. (23/24 inch).

Globalist
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: Programless
Here is my take on the new first class. I will post some photos first followed by the link to more...

Ended with a cockpit tour after landing. To have a more indepth view, i welcome you to visit my travel blog here
https://www.plumpflyer.com/my-blog/f...ss-seat-review
I am sure it's going to be beneficial to you readers looking to travel on their london route.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:39 am

The F cabin looks claustrophobic and have no ambience to speak of . I think it's back to CX For me .
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: Programless
Originally Posted by bearbrick
The F cabin looks claustrophobic and have no ambience to speak of . I think it's back to CX For me .
The windows seats are fine to me...
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:56 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Yesterday I flew on the (as scheduled) last MH003 flight with the A380 - and did speak to the crew on my flight. They (are flying back tonight on MH001 as the first A350 flight back to KUL) and they too think that customers will not be liking the new First class due to it just being the XL version of the Business seat.
They were excited though of the new aircraft as I did indicate to them that the A380 seats especially in Business was wearing (my seat support especially bottom, was not the best) and they too agreed.
What I did not understand is why did they not just keep the current First seat for the A350, just have two rows of 1-1-1 , which I think will fit the space on the A350.

Cheers!
btw: was there no special ceremony at KUL or LHR for the 1st MH A350 flight?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
The F cabin looks claustrophobic and have no ambience to speak of .
As someone who's tried out the seats in person I agree that the seat is a bit narrow, but claustrophobic it is not, and the ambiance is reasonably nice. There's a lot open space around the seat, especially the two window ones.

I think it's back to CX For me .
After so many complaints about MH I'm surprised you haven't already. I'm equally surprised you'd put up with KA on KUL-HKG to connect with CX HKG-LHR, all for a 10 year old product which you were still a stranger to 9 years after its launch.

Originally Posted by nldogbert
What I did not understand is why did they not just keep the current First seat for the A350, just have two rows of 1-1-1 , which I think will fit the space on the A350.
The passengers that fly MH F do so not because they're after a mind-blowing experience, but because the people who pay for their tickets say so. Those people form a small but steady stream of customers that MH has downsized the cabin to accommodate, knowing full well that 4 seats is all they need. MH isn't overly concerned about bloggers or YouTubers who travel on award tickets and make a big deal out of it.

Yes, the seat might not be the most impressive, but it's still a rather accessible F experience. Would I rather have an ultra-luxurious product that I can only enviously judge based on pictures, or a reasonable product that I have a realistic shot at redeeming? I know which one I'd choose, and I have a feeling most Flyertalkers would agree with me.

Originally Posted by nldogbert
btw: was there no special ceremony at KUL or LHR for the 1st MH A350 flight?
A relative of mine is currently on the inaugural out of LHR, and he reported no special festivities. There was, however, a goodie bag of some sort for F and J.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 4:12 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

New catering: Quality?

Hi,
I read somewhere that now PosAviation will now be the caterer at least for the LHR flights. Any report on the quality of the food now? Did they mess up the satay or it's even better?
Will this also be rolled out to the A380 service or only A350 catering is with PosAviation and the rest still from Brahim?

Cheers!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:15 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by SilverChris

After so many complaints about MH I'm surprised you haven't already. I'm equally surprised you'd put up with KA on KUL-HKG to connect with CX HKG-LHR, all for a 10 year old product which you were still a stranger to 9 years after its launch.

please do not be surprised as there's a good reason for it - And a very obvious and simple one at that - I did not have the means to travel F on CX's 9 year old product . Hope you're now happier.

Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Flying LHR-KUL in a few weeks on the A350.

Can see the extra legroom economy seats available for a small fee (around 50 GBP give or take). I saw from a photo that the 12DE seats appear to have moveable armrests whereas ABC HJK seem to be fixed - is this correct? Also, does row 12 (front of cabin) offer more extra legroom than say row 14 or 15? Or are all the extra legroom seats identical in terms of space? Thinking of row 14 so that it is a seatback TV rather than a folding one.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
Flying LHR-KUL in a few weeks on the A350.

Can see the extra legroom economy seats available for a small fee (around 50 GBP give or take). I saw from a photo that the 12DE seats appear to have moveable armrests whereas ABC HJK seem to be fixed - is this correct? Also, does row 12 (front of cabin) offer more extra legroom than say row 14 or 15? Or are all the extra legroom seats identical in terms of space? Thinking of row 14 so that it is a seatback TV rather than a folding one.

Row 12 being bulkhead has a bit more legroom but lacks footrests which rows 14 and 15 offer. Obviously row 12 is easier to get to the aisle for those not seated in the aisle seats.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Hi,

I was booking flights from DPS > KUL for later in the year (Sept) and noticed there were 2 x flights in 737s or the early afternoon flight in an A330-200, which I assume is the leased aircraft MAS are bringing in?

If so is there any word on which seats to go for in J and if it will be the new J seats etc?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.