Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

MH New aircraft orders... and seating for A350

MH New aircraft orders... and seating for A350

Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:46 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Is it me, or do those seats look very claustrophobic?
It does appear to be very narrow, but i dont think it should be as claustrophobic as the APEX suites... I felt quite uncomfortable when flying JL given how little space there seems to be... then again I might be taking this for granted as I haven't yet experienced the supposed horrors that is BA's Club World long haul.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by clubeurope
The new F seat is a downgrade from the current F seat installed on the A380
ashkale likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
I tried the new F seat at the A350 event launch in KL this past week. Nothing about them feels claustrophobic.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Here's a full review of MH new A350:
http://www.azuanzahdi.com/index.php/...os-and-review/
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Another wasted opportunity. The F is a regular J for every one else on the alliance. What a joke of an airline.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by ashkale
Another wasted opportunity. The F is a regular J for every one else on the alliance. What a joke of an airline.
I personally think it isn't so bad of a first class... should be better than BA honestly. It's either that, or its my expectations that are too low...

really, i was expecting a normal vantage XL (that looks exactly like QF's or PH's) but with a door.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:47 pm
Suspended

I personally think it isn't so bad of a first class... should be better than BA honestly. It's either that, or its my expectations that are too low...

really, i was expecting a normal vantage XL (that looks exactly like QF's or PH's) but with a door.
Think you need the qatar/ al-safwa experience! You will never willingly spend on 232 J ticket.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
The F is a regular J for every one else on the alliance.
I know JL, CX, QF, UL, S7, BA, AY, IB, LA/JJ, AA, RJ don't have sliding doors in J.

But that's only 11/12 of "every one else".
asheby likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
I know JL, CX, QF, UL, S7, BA, AY, IB, LA/JJ, AA, RJ don't have sliding doors in J.

But that's only 11/12 of "every one else".
and you could add QR too in that “every one else” list for now, as only some 77Ws in its fleet have doors for J seats

And if one flies QRs 332s, 333s or 346s in J, there is a greater probability of having to climb over one’s seat-mate to get to the aisle compared to MH’s 333 and 359 J.
asheby likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
I'd agree if you said a 'modified' J, but calling it a 'regular' J is a gross exaggeration. Even your beloved QR fails to offer enclosed suites in their F product, and the last time I checked, MH offers caviar in F; I'd hardly call caviar a 'regular J' offering.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:40 am

Any FTers flying on the first few flights of the MH A350 and willing to report back their experience?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Any FTers flying on the first few flights of the MH A350 and willing to report back their experience?
New aircraft but same seats and exactly same
sub-par food drink and service.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:15 pm

New aircraft but same seats and exactly same
sub-par food drink and service.
For regional flights, I agree with this comment.

For F, the seat and space around it within the “walls” are relatively small and when fully flat, you sleep quite low to the floor. The overall bed length is significantly longer than J though. The walls are only about 4 feet high with a door that requires some effort to open. Closing or deploying the door is much easier with a mechanism near the seat in the inner wall.

MH would have to substantially improve its soft product to make travelling in F worthwhile as I found the F seat (and J seat) to be very underwhelming. It was like MH chose the cheapest possible F seat with a wall in today’s market. I think it is a waste of space to even bother having an F cabin. The whole product looks more like a premium version of the seats in the row just behind, which it probably is.

And J is essentially the same seats as on the 330s with a little bit more width and pitch and thats’s it. Hardly any frills or features worth talking about. The PTV/ entertainment content and layout is pretty basic and navigation is easy and you do get an outside-camera channel but only a down-ward view which is useless most of the time.

The seats, fixtures and fittings seem to suggest MH had selected the most basic models or options from the catalogue and if you remove the crew from the scene and the very minimal MH logo/ emblem here and there (which are maybe only in the PTV content), the aircraft could have been operated by any airline. Makes me wonder if the intention was to have flexibility to return the aircraft to the lessor after just a few years and have another carrier operate them without much further customisation.

All in all, based on the hard products alone - it was underwhelming, sterile and not memorable - I would find it difficult to justify paying top dollar to fly MH long haul but maybe that is what MH is planning all along - to not charge top dollar.

Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Thats where the problem lies, doesnt stand out in any way, and if geography was not in its favour long gone.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by Zawnet
All in all, based on the hard products alone - it was underwhelming, sterile and not memorable - I would find it difficult to justify paying top dollar to fly MH long haul but maybe that is what MH is planning all along - to not charge top dollar.
Nailed it MH isn't looking at out-of-this-world J experience charging top dollar (that's what SQ is aiming for). It's a decent J product relative to the inexpensive fare. I am sure they have done their analysis and figured out the price point for most of their pax. Their J fares are almost on par with SQ/CX PEY. As a consumer, which would you choose - SQ/CX PEY or MH J?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.