Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

MH New aircraft orders... and seating for A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH New aircraft orders... and seating for A350

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC
I've just had notification of an aircraft swap on my PEN-KUL-BKK itinerary at the beginning of Jan. Both legs have had B737s swapped out for A350s. I assume it is the same aircraft that is being used, as there is a 55min turnaround time between the two flights (which I think puts me below the MCT at KUL). Are the A350s being used on regional routes in the first few weeks?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by mrvincent
Are the A350s being used on regional routes in the first few weeks?
Yes, in addition to SIN, albeit not as frequently as BKK and PEN.
mrvincent likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Yes, in addition to SIN, albeit not as frequently as BKK and PEN.
Great stuff. My connection has become "illegal" - so may try to cancel my Y flights and rebook in J (on the longer BKK leg) as it wasn't originally worth it on the old 737s.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:33 am

just saw a post in omaat,
MH allow business pax to pick first class seat for free on A350 flight from/to PEN, BKK, SIN on mid-Dec to mid-Jan (first come, first serve)
Guy Betsy likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by blueferrari
just saw a post in omaat,
MH allow business pax to pick first class seat for free on A350 flight from/to PEN, BKK, SIN on mid-Dec to mid-Jan (first come, first serve)
Booked myself on a joy-ride on the A350 to BKK.

May I ask if it'll be feasible to do a one-hour turnaround in BKK for this? It'll be the same A350, arriving BKK on MH782 at 1605 and departing BKK again at 1705, on separate ticket?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:57 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by tingtongbells
Booked myself on a joy-ride on the A350 to BKK.

May I ask if it'll be feasible to do a one-hour turnaround in BKK for this? It'll be the same A350, arriving BKK on MH782 at 1605 and departing BKK again at 1705, on separate ticket?
Yes BKK turnarounds possible- head to the transit desk or checkin online/Mobile! The only worry is the equipment might not be an Airbus A350, I would wait for the first few flights then book tickets based on the equipment.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
So i'm on the A350 from KUL-LHR. I did have the extra legroom seats upstairs booked on the A380, but I gather that the A350 will have 27 extra leg rooms seats.

Not able to change seats on Manage My Booking. So two questions:

a - does anyone have the A350 seat map? I can't find anywhere, so trying to work out if there are 2 preferential seats anywhere.
b - how do I book the extra leg room seats (rows 12,14,15 I believe)? Can't do online. Will they switch me FOC as I had the upstairs extra leg room seats on the A380? I had not paid for them though, so would pay the money on the A350. I don't fancy dealing with their call centre and my agent gets "CHARGEABLE SEAT - CONTACT VENDOR TO PURCHASE" when he tries to book.

I see from https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/...t-pricing.html that although they don't have the A350 listed, if you click on 'Extra Legroom Seat Selection' tab they show a price for the A350:

Zone 3 to Zone 1& vv
MYR 200 (A330)
MYR 300 (A350)
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
So i'm on the A350 from KUL-LHR. I did have the extra legroom seats upstairs booked on the A380, but I gather that the A350 will have 27 extra leg rooms seats.

a - does anyone have the A350 seat map? I can't find anywhere, so trying to work out if there are 2 preferential seats anywhere.
b - how do I book the extra leg room seats (rows 12,14,15 I believe)? Can't do online. Will they switch me FOC as I had the upstairs extra leg room seats on the A380? I had not paid for them though, so would pay the money on the A350. I don't fancy dealing with their call centre and my agent gets "CHARGEABLE SEAT - CONTACT VENDOR TO PURCHASE" when he tries to book.

I see from https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/...t-pricing.html that although they don't have the A350 listed, if you click on 'Extra Legroom Seat Selection' tab they show a price for the A350:

That seems kinda high. My GDS is only showing US$5.20-US$11.20 for ordinary seats. You might have to call and ask how much do they charge for emergency exit seats - which now is only at row 26.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: EK Silver
9M-MAB had her first engine run on Thursday

1-S0020076
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:47 pm

I had to pay MYR 200 for Row 10 on the A330 after already having these booked. This was before MH changed systems and somehow lost all the seat reservations where no payment was made!
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: NZ

Do a dummy booking on the MH site for KUL/LHR on a date/flight where the A350 is used. After you have input your (dummy) name/contact details you will be able to select seats and see the seat map.

Rows 12, 13, 15 are designated as "extra legroom" seats and cost MYR300 on the flight I looked at.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by minz56
Do a dummy booking on the MH site for KUL/LHR on a date/flight where the A350 is used. After you have input your (dummy) name/contact details you will be able to select seats and see the seat map.

Rows 12, 13, 15 are designated as "extra legroom" seats and cost MYR300 on the flight I looked at.
That's the kind of simple logic that one forgets sometimes, and of course you are completely right. Answer found, MYR300 per person per way.

Thank you ^
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:11 am

Just to wrap up it was MYR300, billed in GBP, had to do it over the phone. Staff member was lovely, but there were issues, they had me on hold for 40 minutes, but it got done. Not the most cost effective use of their resources, but there you go.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:44 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

New F seats:
https://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-ai...t-class-suites

Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Is it me, or do those seats look very claustrophobic?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.