Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight in MH KLIA F Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Overnight in MH KLIA F Lounge

So I will be arriving into KLIA (from HKG) into the international terminal around midnight, then connecting onto a KUL - KBR domestic flight the following morning at 630am

Would it be possible for me to overnight in the MH F Lounge sleeper rooms prior to clearing immigration the next morning?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:22 am

Yes you have access. The lounge dragon may "suggest" you try the domestic lounge as its closer to your gate, but just ignore him/her.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by ermen
So I will be arriving into KLIA (from HKG) into the international terminal around midnight, then connecting onto a KUL - KBR domestic flight the following morning at 630am

Would it be possible for me to overnight in the MH F Lounge sleeper rooms prior to clearing immigration the next morning?
From my experience (2 years ago) the F lounge is not open 24hrs a day. Unless that changed you will be asked to go to the J side after midnight.

I would suggest to get a sama sama room.

Globalist
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globalist
From my experience (2 years ago) the F lounge is not open 24hrs a day. Unless that changed you will be asked to go to the J side after midnight.

I would suggest to get a sama sama room.

Globalist
Seems like a hit and miss on opening hours isn't it?

it says it is meant to be open 24hrs here on their website... but i will prepare sama-sama contingency in case!

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hk/..._platinum.html
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by ermen
it says it is meant to be open 24hrs here on their website...
Whether it is 24 hours or not is a moot point... The fact is that, after the last MH departure, all the food, drink and papers are cleared away, the aircon is turned off, and the cleaners descend. The last time I was there past midnight (for the 2am QR flight), I was not explicitly asked to move, but it was pretty clear that I wasn't welcome. The J side was still open, but the bar and other sections were closed and food was not being replenished - although the leftover hot food from earlier in the evening was still on display...
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Ok to bring this to a close:

Arrived adjust part midnight the other day and was directed into the F lounge.
Asked to use a slumber room, and they gave me a key for it.
Used it till 630am the next morning and proceeded to my domestic flight connection.

So, it is possible to use the slumber rooms overnight in the MH F lounge.
Now, will I do it again? I am not so sure. What I found was the walls were rather thin, and I could hear the snoring from a passenger in a opposite room (thankfully they left around 2am)! Also it did get someone noisy from time to time, with the cleaning staff outside doing their own thing. Still it is free though... Hard to bear that price...
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
After being made to feel extremely welcome at the Sama Sama (have just checked in here a few minutes ago for another overnighter), I very much doubt doubt I would ever stay in a KL airport lounge - or indeed any airport lounge - for all those hours.

Complimentary buggy transfer from airport terminal straight to hotel lobby if you can't be bothered to walk it after a long flight......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.