Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

No more Champagne in Golden Lounge Satellite Business

Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold

Hi all,

not sure if it was a temporary measure but was served a Redbank sparkling wine (Australian) at the Sports Bar of KUL's Golden Lounge Satellite Business about a month ago. Champagne was definitely served when I was in transit last September. The flutes also seem to have shrunk. Does this signal the end of Champagne being served at their main lounge? Has anyone had the same experience?

Marcelduchamp
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Was just at the F Lounge this morning and definitely saw someone being served champagne. Not too sure about the Business lounge
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Was in the F lounge last night and we drunk about 1 bottle between 2 of us.
I visited earlier in the week for lunch and was told that only sparkling wine was available. Apparently, they do run out on occasion and the stock gets replenished mid afternoon (the lounge staff explained).
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by db07mufan
Was just at the F Lounge this morning and definitely saw someone being served champagne.
Originally Posted by JohnSIN
Was in the F lounge last night and we drunk about 1 bottle between 2 of us.
I'm now wondering when JohnSIN and drinking partner left the lounge...?!
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I'm now wondering when JohnSIN and drinking partner left the lounge...?!
Left last night... So I am not responsible for the morning shortage... This being said, no matter when I transit, champagne is required.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by JohnSIN
Left last night... So I am not responsible for the morning shortage... This being said, no matter when I transit, champagne is required.
^^^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.