MH Business Class Lounge Singapore

Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by gravii
What's the procedure for gaining lounge access in SIN when connecting from a non MH flight? Flying QF in J to SIN, connecting to MH in J to KUL. All on one ticket, so will likely be issued both BP's in Australia. Do I need to swing by a transfer desk to get an invite, or can I just present the MH BP at the lounge?

If you want to use the SATS lounge at T2, just show your J MH BP. They already know your entitlement and dont need a separate invitation card.

But the QF lounge at T1 is much better than the T2 SATS lounge.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tycosiao
Which lounge?

If it's the QF lounge, BPs will do.

If the SATS, you will need an invitation but since you land at T1 why not just head to the QF lounge and head to your gate when nearing boarding via the skytrain.
Originally Posted by Zawnet
If you want to use the SATS lounge at T2, just show your J MH BP. They already know your entitlement and dont need a separate invitation card.

But the QF lounge at T1 is much better than the T2 SATS lounge.
Yes, I meant the SATS lounge. I agree the QF lounge in SIN is much better. However, I have a short transit time (expect lounge for 20 mins max) and therefore would prefer to make the journey from T1 to T2 prior to lounging.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by gravii
Yes, I meant the SATS lounge. I agree the QF lounge in SIN is much better. However, I have a short transit time (expect lounge for 20 mins max) and therefore would prefer to make the journey from T1 to T2 prior to lounging.
it will also depend on which side of T2 you leave from... if you leave from E20-E28, it's about the same walk as from the QF lounge.

The F gates tho... min 20mins from the QF lounge. (But, that's probably a similar distance you'd have to walk anyway, just broken by a stop at SATS lounge.)
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by crackjack
it will also depend on which side of T2 you leave from... if you leave from E20-E28, it's about the same walk as from the QF lounge.

The F gates tho... min 20mins from the QF lounge. (But, that's probably a similar distance you'd have to walk anyway, just broken by a stop at SATS lounge.)
Visited SIN a few months ago with MH on J. Got into BA, QF and MH (SATS) lounges. IMO BA and QF lounges are way better than MH's given the size, atmosphere, food etc. Just that they are in T1 which is quite far away from MH's gate.

I noted the original MH lounge at SIN was under renovation. Is it coming back soon or it will be SATS forever?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
SATS must really be screwing MH on the rates if it's cheaper to re-open a dedicated MH lounge in Singapore versus contracting to SATS!
With 5-6 x 737 flights a day, certainly MH dedicated lounge is nice to have but hardly easy to support, I'd think, given the number of daily pax with access rights. And SIN has many decent lounges so MH product won't likely be any better.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:19 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MKE-MR
SATS must really be screwing MH on the rates if it's cheaper to re-open a dedicated MH lounge in Singapore versus contracting to SATS!
With 5-6 x 737 flights a day, certainly MH dedicated lounge is nice to have but hardly easy to support, I'd think, given the number of daily pax with access rights. And SIN has many decent lounges so MH product won't likely be any better.
I would assume that Elite Enrich members flying FireFly would also get access? How is that currently handled for with SATS? Do they get access?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
It seems MH J & F pax can also use EK lounge, is there any at SIN?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Ausriver
It seems MH J & F pax can also use EK lounge, is there any at SIN?
The EK lounge in T1 is under renovation, IIRC.

I've been reading conflicting reports on getting access with an MH BP so I wouldn't count on it even when the lounge reopens.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:45 am

Which OW airline visiting SIN has most J & F seats per day? CX?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:32 am

Which OW airline visiting SIN has most J & F seats per day? CX?
It would have to be--with 7-8 widebody flights a day I can't imagine anybody else is close. QF second, and BA is probably next with 2x London and 1x SYD.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:54 pm

It would have to be--with 7-8 widebody flights a day I can't imagine anybody else is close. QF second, and BA is probably next with 2x London and 1x SYD.
If my calculation was right,
BA's 3 flights seems to have a lot more J seats (closing to 300 for J+F) than QF's 4 A330s and 1 737 (around 120).

CX actually has 9 services ex SIN daily, one via BKK, that's about 400 J seats and they still doesn't want a lounge?

QF used to have a lot bigger traffic at SIN, would their lounge be a lot lot busier before partnership EK?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:18 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
If my calculation was right,
BA's 3 flights seems to have a lot more J seats (closing to 300 for J+F) than QF's 4 A330s and 1 737 (around 120).

CX actually has 9 services ex SIN daily, one via BKK, that's about 400 J seats and they still doesn't want a lounge?

QF used to have a lot bigger traffic at SIN, would their lounge be a lot lot busier before partnership EK?
CX is building a new lounge in Terminal 4.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by sxc
CX is building a new lounge in Terminal 4.
It must be really good, they want to stay far away from QF, BA & MH pax.....
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
It must be really good, they want to stay far away from QF, BA & MH pax.....
You are so wrong...
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
You are so wrong...
You've seen it?

I'd expect it to be up to CX standard which isn't bad. Of course that's not the reason they are "staying far away", it's because they have chosen to move to T4 which will supposedly be better/faster for O&D traffic versus connections. Downside is that it's not connected physically to the other terminals though I assume they will run shuttle buses both landside and airside (not confirmed, just that I can't imagine Changi would be so shortsighted as to cut off this potential).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.