FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Malaysia Airlines | Enrich (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich-758/)
-   -   London Flight Cancellations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich/1814137-london-flight-cancellations.html)

flysas Jan 9, 2017 4:42 pm

London Flight Cancellations

MH seem to have cancelled a lot of flights between KL and London over next few months, does anyone know reason why? Am travelling with them in March and am starting to worry they will cancel more

jiunsoh Jan 9, 2017 7:52 pm

How you know they cancelling?
i will be flying LHR end of this month, hopefully not affected.

flysas Jan 10, 2017 1:58 am

MH Cancellation of A380 Services

06 January 2017

Please note that MH004 and MH001 services KULLHRKUL have been cancelled on the following dates for operational reasons.

TUE 14FEB17 // THU 23FEB17

FRI 03MAR17 // SUN 12MAR17 // MON 20MAR17 // WED 22MAR17

MON – 10APR/01MAY/29MAY/19JUN17

TUE – 09MAY17

WED – 26APR/17MAY/07JUN17

THU – 25MAY/15JUN17

FRI – 05MAY/02JUN17

SAT – 13MAY17

SUN – 21MAY/11JUN17

Passengers will be re-protected on the nearest available alternative service.

However, should you require any assistance rebooking passengers, please contact our Global Call Centre hotline at 0330 365 0080 or email [email protected]

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

andy892 Jan 12, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi all,

Any ideas what is going on?

I'm booked on MH1 on a day where it has been cancelled the day before and the day after; so feeling lucky at the moment.

What's likely to be the cause of these cancellations? Aircraft maintenance, low bookings, contract hire of their A380s or the start of them ending their twice daily LHR service?

Thanks in advance

wolf72 Jan 13, 2017 2:07 am

Originally Posted by andy892 (Post 27751980)
Hi all,

I'm surprised at the lack of responses to this one.

I'm booked on MH1 on a day where it has been cancelled the day before and the day after; so feeling lucky at the moment.

What's likely to be the cause? Aircraft maintenance, low bookings, contract hire of their A380s or the start of them ending their twice daily LHR service?

Thanks in advance

Sounds like low bookings and cost cutting. And the transition from the A380 to A350 by the sound of it which is very disappointing.

Ooi Jan 13, 2017 8:16 am

Recall similar MH1/4 cancellations in November 2015. Like others am presuming lack of uptakes, cost cutting, etc. Have noticed they are undercutting the competition with their F J and Y offers.

Am on their MH2/3 flights in Feb/March, so I'm safe....I think!!!

wolf72 Jan 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ooi (Post 27754916)
Recall similar MH1/4 cancellations in November 2015. Like others am presuming lack of uptakes, cost cutting, etc. Have noticed they are undercutting the competition with their F J and Y offers.

Am on their MH2/3 flights in Feb/March, so I'm safe....I think!!!

Some very sensible business class/first class fares to london at the moment

Ooi Jan 14, 2017 2:04 am

Originally Posted by wolf72 (Post 27758424)
Some very sensible business class/first class fares to london at the moment

You're right! Usually take the EY/EK chauffeured runs for convenience, but could not ignore the current MH offers.

Guy Betsy Jan 17, 2017 3:12 am

Originally Posted by andy892 (Post 27751980)

Any ideas what is going on?

What's likely to be the cause of these cancellations? Aircraft maintenance, low bookings, contract hire of their A380s or the start of them ending their twice daily LHR service?

Thanks in advance

I think its because the aircrafts are being fitted with PE..

..In August 2016, Peter Bellew, the new CEO of MAB announced that one A380 was retrofitted with new economy plus seating, but ticketing will only begin when all A380s have been retrofitted. MAB's Economy plus is essentially the same seat as the existing economy, albeit with more legroom (38" vs 32"). Catering and services remain the same as economy. Economy plus will also be fitted onboard the yet-to-be-delivered A350-900s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_fleet

LostAntipod Jan 20, 2017 1:38 am

I took mh3 just over a week ago, based on other a380s I have flown over the years the amount of pax waiting to board seemed low to me. I reckon J wasn't half full.

msm2000uk Jan 21, 2017 8:43 am

F tonight is 3/8 - not sure of J.

The flight is already delayed 1 hour, despite it having landed at LHR early.

M

endet Jan 21, 2017 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 27796080)
F tonight is 3/8 - not sure of J.

The flight is already delayed 1 hour, despite it having landed at LHR early.

M

That's quite normal, for both flights of the day. I never book anything with a connection time of under 2 hours. Because it will be fine if 50 minutes are left at touch down before next flight.

https://de.flightaware.com/live/flight/MAS1

msm2000uk Jan 22, 2017 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by endet (Post 27799047)
That's quite normal, for both flights of the day. I never book anything with a connection time of under 2 hours. Because it will be fine if 50 minutes are left at touch down before next flight.

https://de.flightaware.com/live/flight/MAS1

So, I suppose credit where credit is due to MH.

We did eventually depart around 50mins late, but this was due to deicing and having to wait for a truck to become available.

We landed 20mins late, but no issue as I had 3 hours to connect.

OT, but I did enjoy MH F, and had a lovely chat to the Minister for Trade, who happily had his photo taken with 6 members of crew (on separate occasions!).

M

circusboy Jan 22, 2017 10:39 pm

I took the morning flights from both LHR and KUL on the way to and from CGK around 2 weeks ago and J was less than half full. Both flights left around an hour late but arrived just a few minutes late. I booked 2 days in advance and paid around £1500 rtn to CGK so prices were low and the cabin pretty empty.

endet Jan 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by circusboy (Post 27803344)
I took the morning flights from both LHR and KUL on the way to and from CGK around 2 weeks ago and J was less than half full. Both flights left around an hour late but arrived just a few minutes late. I booked 2 days in advance and paid around £1500 rtn to CGK so prices were low and the cabin pretty empty.

Lucky you. When I took my return flight on the 13th this month Economy was overbooked so that I received an OpUp at the gate to J. J was was full except for one seat which was marked as "do not use".

Service wise MH is not Qatar Airways but it offers a very solid product. I actually quite liked the dinner menu after take off and dine on demand afterwards.