Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Customer Service Sucks/ MH Generally Sucks

Old Dec 29, 2016, 2:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP

Wrote this in August :
1. Your checkin staff at Narita did not enter my AA FFP number probably as she was not trained enough how to deal with enrich cash+miles redemption and adding a secondary FFP. I have no interest in claiming mileage for this, just need lounge access and possible on-board recognition including a rare op-up opportunity. I would like to lodge a formal complaint against this staff and if there is a form to be filled up.

2. The journey was plagued with weather and technical delays and we all crammed inside the plane sat on the tarmac for 3 hours. It could definitely be have better handled- especially when the airport was closed well before take-off time we should not have boarded.

3. During this period your staff did absolutely nothing, 3 hours and no proper drink service was carried out and it was extremely disturbing to note the families struggling to manage the infants and children.

4. The flight attendant named *****, has a particular attitude in which she served passengers , not very pleasant at all, also considering that her name tag was missing the first half of the flight.

5. On arrival in KL thought would use the lounge for a quick shower and was informed that the arrivals facility is only extended to Enrich members and not to one world members? Is that correct and is there an official lounge access policy for everyone to be very clear about?

Got this back in December:

Thank you for your email dated 4th August 2016. We apologize for not addressing your concerns in a timely manner and appreciate your patience in allowing us the time to revert to you.

The flight was delayed as some technical problem had to be resolved. We apologize for this delayed as it is not always possible to predict the course of events and disruptions of this nature and the time involved in rectifying problems. In all of this, our primary concern is for customers to reach their final destination safely. While it is also our duty to ensure on- time departures, flight delay is inevitable when it is in the interest of customers’ safety.
We wish to assure you that our staff are trained to handle delay situations and are expected to inform and assist customers during such times. Therefore, it is with deep concern that we note your experience, as it is certainly not in line with our service standards. We note that the delay of our flight could have been handled more effectively, and recognize that it is the treatment of our customers in these situations that is the key factor in our efforts to provide complete customer satisfaction.
We regret the unpleasant encounter you experienced with our staff when your request to have access to the Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge was denied. We understand that the request was made owing to the fact that your flight was cancelled without prior notice. It is indeed regrettable that the situation was not handled professionally. Our staff should have offered you an alternative solution to your request. We certainly do not condone such service by any member of the Malaysia Airlines team, and will make every effort to ensure it doesn’t happen again.
And we offer our sincerest apologies that our staff were not pro-active in attending to your needs. They were guided by the fact that the Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge is exclusive to our Enrich Gold and Enrich Platinum members only.
Notwithstanding that, we view your observations seriously. We have raised your concerns with the relevant departments within Malaysia Airlines for their necessary corrective action and review. Being in the service industry, we place much emphasis on training our staff in all aspects of customer services. They are constantly reminded to be customer oriented, exercise tact and conduct themselves professionally at all times. The incident you experienced is very much regretted.
Thank you for taking the time to write to us. Rest assured we take your feedback seriously as it will certainly contribute to the improvement in our products and services.
We look forward to welcoming you onboard Malaysia Airlines flights in the near future and hope that your next experience is much more pleasant.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 1, 2017 at 1:30 pm Reason: Name of staff member removed per Rule 21
Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
1) If you saw that your FF number is not on the BP,why did you not ask the agent to enter it and solve the situation there and then?

4)The reply from MH clearly states who has the right to enter MH lounges on arrival.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Most airline systems cannot take 2 FFPs. If you are already on an Enrich+Cash redemption, then all you need to do is to show your AA EXP card for benefits. Putting your AA # on the booking only confuses the system (and airline staff).
You want to complain about that? So that you hoped you could get op-up'd?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:02 pm

OK.. so what did you expect?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
1) If you saw that your FF number is not on the BP,why did you not ask the agent to enter it and solve the situation there and then?

4)The reply from MH clearly states who has the right to enter MH lounges on arrival.
1. I asked thrice.
2. doesnt say anything about arrivals lounge access.

Last edited by ashkale; Dec 30, 2016 at 2:59 am
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trooper
OK.. so what did you expect?
A timely reply (well it was only 4 months late) which addressed my questions, and not a copy paste from a collection of set answers.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Most airline systems cannot take 2 FFPs. If you are already on an Enrich+Cash redemption, then all you need to do is to show your AA EXP card for benefits. Putting your AA # on the booking only confuses the system (and airline staff).
You want to complain about that? So that you hoped you could get op-up'd?
Actually they can if the agent wanted, and why should I not hope to get Op-Uped on a full economy flight?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by ashkale
and why should I not hope to get Op-Uped on a full economy flight?
Because you should always expect to sit in whichever cabin you bought/redeemed in the first place and should not even hope to get something better?

Not to mention you're talking about Malaysia Airlines, where op-ups are literally unheard of before 2014.

By the way, it would also be much appreciated if you can keep your triple-posting to one single post.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
Because you should always expect to sit in whichever cabin you bought/redeemed in the first place and should not even hope to get something better?

Not to mention you're talking about Malaysia Airlines, where op-ups are literally unheard of before 2014.

By the way, it would also be much appreciated if you can keep your triple-posting to one single post.
errrmmm have been opupped thrice since 2013, which makes it about 30℅ of the time. or did you relate to your experience on QF....kul- syd route..lol.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
errrmmm have been opupped thrice since 2013, which makes it about 30℅ of the time. or did you relate to your experience on QF....kul- syd route..lol.
Oh, so you've only been on MH ten times for the last four years?

Anyway, never seen anyone so proactive in telling people his experience of asking for an op-up, expecting it as though it was his right. Thanks for the laugh.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I fly MH J mostly considering the fantastic fares offered, but apart from the BKK specials on MH, QR experiences and fares work much better.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
I fly MH J mostly considering the fantastic fares offered, but apart from the BKK specials on MH, QR experiences and fares work much better.
Yes over the past 12 months, you have done nothing but hammer MH at every opportunity in just about any thread worth looking at with negative comments. Still you fly them.

Bizzare.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 5:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Bizzare is that you and several others here blindly support an airline which takes us for a ride largely on our tax dollars. Truly third world.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Bizzare is that you and several others here blindly support an airline which takes us for a ride largely on our tax dollars. Truly third world.

Nobody is taking me for a ride. I fly MH because I have to and I have to travel for work.

I don't see you .....ing about Tony Fernandez and his "low cost model" when he rips off passengers at the check in counter for over weight baggage and charges passengers RM12 each to check in at the counter if they don't utilize the mobile check in counters or the fact he charges express boarding for seats that are all the same dimensions and spacing as normal seats.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 6:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Errrmm AK hasnt been bailed out by us 11 times...glad you dont know MH is taking you for a ride.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Dec 31, 2016 at 10:32 am Reason: Redact derogatory personal comment

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.