Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Customer Service Sucks/ MH Generally Sucks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Customer Service Sucks/ MH Generally Sucks

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by ashkale
Errrmm AK hasnt been bailed out by us 11 times...glad you dont know MH is taking you for a rides.

MH systems cannot handle two FFPs. Period. Deal with it. Maybe when they upgrade to Amadeus. But not now.

Have a happy new year....

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Dec 31, 2016 at 10:32 am Reason: Remove deleted comment
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
It can, you can get an independent confirmation from TGFlyergirl. HNY to all
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I am using my holiday to troll through forums of airline I periodically use, and that post is really weird.
So MH sucks because 1) they did not enter a second FFP number, 2) there were unfortunate weather/technical delays and MH did not provide a full Y drink service while the plane was on the ground with a delay of unexpected duration with children getting restless ,and 3) the arrival lounge was not available to a AA OWE.

1) As stated by Guy Betsy, most airlines cannot enter a second FFP on a specific flight. Even trying to enter multiple FFPs for different segments on an airline ticket including partner flights can be a challenge (one FFP per segment). Even if that existed, I doubt that the opup system of any airline would look at it. What one usually does is to carry the other FFP card to get lounge access.

2) What do you expect in Y? when on the tarmac a drink service for a full Y cabin requires a long time and weather can improve unexpectedly or technical problems solved quickly. The FA would have to open all the trolley cabinets, prepare the trolleys and get everything back in order for taxiing. And then there would probably little be left for the onflight service.

3) It is well-known that OW agreement provides access for departure lounge but not for arrival lounge. There are some airlines who adopt a more generous policy (CX allows OWE), but that is unusual. Insulting MH for following OW standards is weird.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by brunos
I am using my holiday to troll through forums of airline I periodically use, and that post is really weird.
So MH sucks because 1) they did not enter a second FFP number, 2) there were unfortunate weather/technical delays and MH did not provide a full Y drink service while the plane was on the ground with a delay of unexpected duration with children getting restless ,and 3) the arrival lounge was not available to a AA OWE.

1) As stated by Guy Betsy, most airlines cannot enter a second FFP on a specific flight. Even trying to enter multiple FFPs for different segments on an airline ticket including partner flights can be a challenge (one FFP per segment). Even if that existed, I doubt that the opup system of any airline would look at it. What one usually does is to carry the other FFP card to get lounge access.

2) What do you expect in Y? when on the tarmac a drink service for a full Y cabin requires a long time and weather can improve unexpectedly or technical problems solved quickly. The FA would have to open all the trolley cabinets, prepare the trolleys and get everything back in order for taxiing. And then there would probably little be left for the onflight service.

3) It is well-known that OW agreement provides access for departure lounge but not for arrival lounge. There are some airlines who adopt a more generous policy (CX allows OWE), but that is unusual. Insulting MH for following OW standards is weird.
Actually your summary is really weird, not sure if you can understand that:
1. It takes 5 months to reply to a customer complaint.
2. It doesn't answer any of the queries raised.
3. It is an assortment of cut paste answers ( cancelled flight lounge access request??) .
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat Ambassador
im not sure about the last point - re: arrivals lounge access as OWE .

I have personally entered the MH Golden Lounge several times while arriving with QR, BA and RJ. This could just be that the staff are not properly trained ...
Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by lenardl
im not sure about the last point - re: arrivals lounge access as OWE .

I have personally entered the MH Golden Lounge several times while arriving with QR, BA and RJ. This could just be that the staff are not properly trained ...
Arrival lounge? I may be wrong but I always assumed the business class lounges were meant to be for departures or transits only. I was always led to believe arrivals were not allowed to use the lounges.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by wolf72
Arrival lounge? I may be wrong but I always assumed the business class lounges were meant to be for departures or transits only. I was always led to believe arrivals were not allowed to use the lounges.
While I have not entered the lounge on arrivals, I do remember that the past KLIA video which MH played prior to landing did mention that it can be used as an arrivals lounge.

I guess we will need some confirmation.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:12 am

Perhaps I have been lucky, but on requesting access I have been allowed to use the KLIA business lounge on arrival on MH flights and also on a BA flight. Only condition was that access was limited to business class lounge, not first class lounge.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
lenardl , wolf72 , Big Bad D

I have the same experience,I was able to access the MH lounge after CX,RJ and UL flights without problems (and they did not "downgrade" me to J side....that said I always went to the lounge expecting them to refuse me, because this is not a benefit and there is no agreement between MH and other oneworld carriers to let you in,so they are not gonna be paid.

I don't know if the reason is that staff recognized me from the previous visits (there are not that many lounge agents, so anyone flying 1x month would probably interact with all of them), or if they confused something,but the point is that they have not entered any BP details into their system as they do with departures.

A safe way to gain lounge access on arrival is to purchase KUL-PEN ticket 14 days before departure for 53MYR/12USD which would allow access to F side if Emerald and J side if Sapphire and I think it's a great idea if you arrive long time before hotel check in starts.(those sofas in the smoking lounge are a great way to stretch your legs after long haul Y flight).
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:46 am

Some airlines have dedicated arrival lounges, that are completely different to departure lounges and are normally located landside after baggage claim and immigration. Examples (from oneworld are) CX@HKG,BA@LHR,IB@MAD,AA@LHR,QR@DOH,(not sure about JL and QF). These are not covered by alliance rules and have different access rules (normally more strict). CX allows non CX Emeralds to access when arriving on CX/KA metal, AA allows no AA Emeralds in LHR too, but this is only down to CX and AA being generous. BA only allows it's own Emeralds (Gold) to enter and only after a long haul flight. Others IIRC don't allow partner Emeralds to enter.

When it comes to airports with mixed departures/arrival flows (KUL/SIN/FRA/VIE/CMB),the airline may allow certain arriving pax to enter the same lounge used for departure pax on arrival. That said, even if you can physically access the lounge it does not mean they will let you use it...it all depends on the policy. CX in FRA allows J pax to enter, but does not do so in KUL (you can physically access lounges in both airports on arrival). I know that MH allows (officially) long haul J pax to access the lounge on arrival,but I am not sure if same is true for shorthaul J pax and Elites in Y (on both shorthaul and longhaul).
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Some airlines have dedicated arrival lounges, that are completely different to departure lounges and are normally located landside after baggage claim and immigration. Examples (from oneworld are) CX@HKG,BA@LHR,IB@MAD,AA@LHR,QR@DOH,(not sure about JL and QF). These are not covered by alliance rules and have different access rules (normally more strict). CX allows non CX Emeralds to access when arriving on CX/KA metal, AA allows no AA Emeralds in LHR too, but this is only down to CX and AA being generous. BA only allows it's own Emeralds (Gold) to enter and only after a long haul flight. Others IIRC don't allow partner Emeralds to enter.

When it comes to airports with mixed departures/arrival flows (KUL/SIN/FRA/VIE/CMB),the airline may allow certain arriving pax to enter the same lounge used for departure pax on arrival. That said, even if you can physically access the lounge it does not mean they will let you use it...it all depends on the policy. CX in FRA allows J pax to enter, but does not do so in KUL (you can physically access lounges in both airports on arrival). I know that MH allows (officially) long haul J pax to access the lounge on arrival,but I am not sure if same is true for shorthaul J pax and Elites in Y (on both shorthaul and longhaul).
Thanks very much for taking the time to explain.

I am due for a long haul flight on MH at the end of the month on business class and will ask them to clarify at the lounge and will post their reply. Am curious what their (Mh) stance is on this.

cheers
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:12 pm

Thanks very much for taking the time to explain.

I am due for a long haul flight on MH at the end of the month on business class and will ask them to clarify at the lounge and will post their reply. Am curious what their (Mh) stance is on this.

cheers
That would be useful,thank you!

It would also be interesting to get it in writing. I remember reading on here a few years ago that a FTer was refused access to the Platinum Lounge (Satelite First Class), when he was connecting from international to domestic. He complained and posted their [very relevant and professional I must say] reply from Customer Services,so I might drop them an email to see what they say.

PS: Here is the quote from that thread:

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Reply after filing an online complaint does suggest that I was incorrectly denied entry (bolding mine):

Thank you for your feedback written in our website in relation to your experience of denied entry to our International Golden Lounge due to flying with domestic flight. We apologize for not addressing your concerns in a timely manner and appreciate your patience in allowing us the time to revert to you on your concerns raised.

We regret to learn your inconvenience experiences due to deny from enter our Golden Lounge facilities. We agree that it certainly caused unpleasant journey as you were not able to enjoy the facilities. Our check revealed that you were directed to Domestic Lounge by our staff. That is normal practice for our team to suggest passenger the closest lounge to their departure gate. This is to avoid misconnecting and service breakages. For instance, if passenger arriving from an international sector, connecting onto domestic flight, we would suggest passenger to proceed to domestic lounge due to Custom, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) requirement. However, we will never insist on this, and we normally advice passenger to leave the lounge before boarding time as stated on passenger boarding pass for CIQ clearance.

Mr. calvinoeh we truly thank you for taking time to write to us your observations and how we can further improve our services. We thank you for your feedback and we assure you that we will continue in our earnest endeavor to improve and give our customers the service they expected and deserved.

Your patronage support and satisfaction are important to us. Once again we are truly sorry that you did not have the right experience with us.

We hope we have other opportunities to serve you better in your future flights.

Your sincerely
For Malaysia Airlines,
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi

It would also be interesting to get it in writing. I remember reading on here a few years ago that a FTer was refused access to the Platinum Lounge (Satelite First Class), when he was connecting from international to domestic. He complained and posted their [very relevant and professional I must say] reply from Customer Services,so I might drop them an email to see what they say.
Not exactly the same scenario, I was able to use the regional lounge to shower upon arrival from BKK while connecting to a domestic flight. Gave myself enough time to clear immigration and security check and then headed to the domestic lounge.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by island82
Not exactly the same scenario, I was able to use the regional lounge to shower upon arrival from BKK while connecting to a domestic flight. Gave myself enough time to clear immigration and security check and then headed to the domestic lounge.
In this scenario,you are 100% enitled to access Satellite and Regional lounges prior to clearing immigration/security. The basis of your entry is that you are departing on a [domestic] flight,not your arriving BKK flight.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:16 am

Stressful situation flying with Malaysia at HKT

Just recently had a most stressful experience flying with Malaysia, even though I paid about $612 US for a flight DPS (Bali)-KUL-HKT (Phuket). The problem was that I had a connecting flight on Bangkok Air from HKT-USM (Koh Samui) the same day. When I checked in at DPS the Malaysia Air agent clearly told me that since Malaysia Air had a baggage agreement with Bangkok Air, my bag could be checked all the way through to USM. In fact, the luggage claim tag given by the MH check-in agent at DPS read:
DPS-KUL KUL-HKT HKT-USM
I was also told by the gate agent at KUL that my bag would go through to USM.
I had 2 nice flights on MH, and when I arrived HKT I took the 10 min. or so walk from intl. to domestic terminal for my flight to USM. To my surprise I was told when I tried to get my boarding pass to USM that my bag was NOT going to USM. I had to go back to the intl. terminal, was given various misinformation by HKT airport staff, finally found my luggage and had to go BACK to domestic for check-in to USM. I was really stressed since I was worried about missing my flight to USM. Finally was able to check in at HKT at least 90 min. after arrival of my MH flight. Such a stressful experience after paying $612 to MH for business class. Since I was given wrong info by 2 MH agents. do I have any grounds for asking for a refund from MH? Sorry for the long post, but took a while to explain the situation. Many thanks for any feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.