Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

what is the earliest check-in time for MH at LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA

i just booked 10am MH flight LHR-KUL, what is the earliest time MH counter open for bag drop?

i called MH call center, but couldnt get an answer
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
i just booked 10am MH flight LHR-KUL, what is the earliest time MH counter open for bag drop?

Try calling the UK airport office?
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/en/contact.html/

Actually, this post on tripadvisor suggests only 3hrs before... *shrug*
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTo...ir_Travel.html

Last edited by crackjack; Oct 12, 2016 at 7:31 am
Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by crackjack
Try calling the UK airport office?
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/en/contact.html/

Actually, this post on tripadvisor suggests only 3hrs before... *shrug*
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTo...ir_Travel.html

thanks for the link, i think i got an answer without calling
saying here "4 hr prior departure",
Attached Images  
Old Oct 12, 2016, 11:28 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
thanks for the link, i think i got an answer without calling
saying here "4 hr prior departure",
That's the airport office opening hours,which don't necessarily match the check in opening times (normally T-3).
Old Oct 15, 2016, 11:32 pm

I checked in for the evening LHR> KUL last week and it was 4hr before departure.

Remember if you have a paid J or F ticket (but not OWE/OWS status) you can use the QR Premium Lounge at LHR. Infinitely better than either of the MH lounges with proper a la carte dining.

Last edited by Jonrross; Oct 15, 2016 at 11:39 pm
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Hi all. I have a flight from LHR to KUL at 21.35. I am flying into LHR T5 from MAN arriving at 15.05 on a sperate ticket which is flexible. I'd hoped on checking the bags in and heading out of the airport for a few hours, reading this I would not be able to check the bags in until 17.35. Does this sound right? I'm wondering whether to consider a later flight into LHR or even the train, trying to weigh it up against the risk of delays and being on a sperate ticket.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:33 am

I've been on many delayed flights from man to lhr in the past, although they tended to be in the evenings. If your flight lands at 1505 you still have to taxi which could be a couple of minutes or a trek across the airport depending on which direction you land. Then you have to get your bags and get to t4. Assuming you're on time you'll be aiming to get there around 4 but you could be there​ earlier. There's a big cafe as soon as you enter departures. I didn't pay a huge amount of attention as I walked past but it looked like a decent enough place to spend an hour or so.
Your biggest risk of course is being on separate tickets. You could hang around in t4 or leave your luggage at left luggage while you went off to do your thing. There are not a huge amount of interesting things you can do that are close to Heathrow. I'd sit in the cafe personally.
The cabin you're in on mh will make a difference too. Sitting in the qr lounge is not the same as being out amongst the crowds.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by booogle
Hi all. I have a flight from LHR to KUL at 21.35. I am flying into LHR T5 from MAN arriving at 15.05 on a sperate ticket which is flexible. I'd hoped on checking the bags in and heading out of the airport for a few hours, reading this I would not be able to check the bags in until 17.35. Does this sound right? I'm wondering whether to consider a later flight into LHR or even the train, trying to weigh it up against the risk of delays and being on a sperate ticket.

I would stick to arriving at 15.05 and just play safe. You just never know with delays and weather problems, etc.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:42 am
Suspended

6.30pm onwards from our past experience two weeks ago.
Old May 3, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by wolf72
I would stick to arriving at 15.05 and just play safe. You just never know with delays and weather problems, etc.
Thanks for all the input. I might change to an earlier flight and contemplate using left luggage and grabbing an uber to windsor castle for something to do for a few hours.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by booogle
Thanks for all the input. I might change to an earlier flight and contemplate using left luggage and grabbing an uber to windsor castle for something to do for a few hours.
Not sure which day/month you are arriving, but around Heathrow there will be rush hour traffic during weekdays. And if it's not summer, not much daylight hours left arriving at 1505.

If you have status/ticket that grants you lounge access, I'd suggest heading to the OneWorld Lounges in T3 ... no problems once the agent hears the T4 MH lounge is not open yet.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:24 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by wantan
If you have status/ticket that grants you lounge access, I'd suggest heading to the OneWorld Lounges in T3 ... no problems once the agent hears the T4 MH lounge is not open yet.
If you are departing T4, how do you get into T3?
Old May 11, 2017, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wantan
Not sure which day/month you are arriving, but around Heathrow there will be rush hour traffic during weekdays. And if it's not summer, not much daylight hours left arriving at 1505.

Eh? How do you access the T3 lounge if one is departing from T4 where the A380 generally parks at.
Old May 12, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by sxc
If you are departing T4, how do you get into T3?
Originally Posted by wolf72
Eh? How do you access the T3 lounge if one is departing from T4 where the A380 generally parks at.
boogle mentioned he/she is arriving at T5. If one stays airside, you're able to move around terminals except getting into T5 departures.

at security, if anyone questions why you're entering another terminal, either say you're going to the transfer desk or the lounge.

at any OneWorld lounge, if asked a similar question, then mention the MH T4 lounge isn't open yet (if it really is closed).

I've been doing this on transits to/from Europe & US to M'sia without issue.

Last edited by wantan; May 12, 2017 at 4:02 am
Old May 13, 2017, 3:08 am

Does that work after arriving on a domestic flight though?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.