Which lounge in KUL is nicest?

Old Jul 10, 16, 2:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, LH SEN
Which lounge in KUL is nicest?

I won't have access to MH first class lounge but can access the one world business lounges (MH, CX) and Plaza Premium. Would like to shower and then relax, I have a few hours in the morning. Current opinions on which one is nicest? Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 16, 10:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
MH J>CX J> PP ( imho)
Old Jul 11, 16, 6:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, LH SEN
Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
MH J>CX J> PP ( imho)
Agreed, no contest. None are that good but the MH lounge has space, decent catering and gym style personal showers. MH desperately needs the planned overhaul! I didn't even spend more than minute in CX lounge its small, outdated and catering is very limited compared to MH offering in Satellite business lounge.
Old Aug 11, 16, 9:13 am

Programs: MH
Am I right in thinking as I'm travelling Business LHR - ADL transiting KUL, that I could use the CX or Plaza Premium lounge?

If so, with reports of the showers being so outdated in the Golden Lounge, would using the showers in one of the others be a better idea?
Old Aug 11, 16, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD
Originally Posted by andy892 View Post
Am I right in thinking as I'm travelling Business LHR - ADL transiting KUL, that I could use the CX or Plaza Premium lounge?

If so, with reports of the showers being so outdated in the Golden Lounge, would using the showers in one of the others be a better idea?
CX lounge doesn't have showers. Plaza Premium lounge has 1-2 showers at most IIRC, so there may be a wait. Personally I'd stick with the showers in the MH lounge, despite the fact that they are outdated.
Old Aug 30, 16, 5:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Cathay Pacific Gold
Lounges in KUL are a sorry affair especially considering it's MH's home territory.

The best lounge I've been in there for food and booze is the Emirates lounge. Proper food. Proper booze. The Plaza Premium is a poorer pay-in lounge that is inexplicably used by many airlines including fellow OW airlines like Qatar. CX has a poor reputation for food so I've never bothered checking it out.

MH's flagship Golden Lounge banishes the booze to a deserted-looking bar near the entrance and the food selection is frequently poor (really odd breakfast food for example - no eggs? chicken sausages? beef bacon?).

My favourite OW lounge is MH's regional lounge in the main terminal. Integrated bar so you don't feel like a leper/pariah and family intimate.
Old Aug 30, 16, 5:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Cathay Pacific Gold
Duplicate Post :-(
Old Sep 2, 16, 1:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
On a related note, I am in KL early November and have to take a side trip to PEN, flying MH. A couple of questions:

1. Looks like the MH domestic services all leave from the Satellite - is it possible to go back and forth to the Main terminal for e.g. lounges ?

2. I will be on an MH Economy ticket but have a BA gold card, hence Oneworld Emerald: assume this gives me the pick of MH (and CX) lounges ?

Thanks for any info - first time I have been to Malaysia
Old Sep 2, 16, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
1. Looks like the MH domestic services all leave from the Satellite - is it possible to go back and forth to the Main terminal for e.g. lounges ?

1. No. The satellite is all international, post passport control. You can't go back and forth.
Old Sep 2, 16, 7:09 am

Programs: Skywards
Is there a date for the advertised revamp of the domestic and Golden Lounges?
Old Sep 3, 16, 9:20 pm
NoY

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, EY Gold, QR Gold, CX, SQ
The MH lounges are just plain bad. Functional at best. I always use Plaza Premium when there & yes I would place that above the CX lounge too, which is spartan to say the least
Old Oct 29, 16, 3:23 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Hainaness Chicken

Will be flying MH J CMB-KUL-SYD, OWE. is there any Hainaness Chicken serviced in any of the lounge?

If not, any good restaurants we should try at the airport transit area?
Old Oct 29, 16, 9:03 am

The single seater leather clad chairs in the MH J lounge are just ghastly. They don't go at all along with the overall ambience. Hopefully the renovations will replace those.
Old Oct 30, 16, 8:13 pm

Programs: RJ Emerald
Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
On a related note, I am in KL early November and have to take a side trip to PEN, flying MH. A couple of questions:

2. I will be on an MH Economy ticket but have a BA gold card, hence Oneworld Emerald: assume this gives me the pick of MH (and CX) lounges ?

Thanks for any info - first time I have been to Malaysia
1.If you are transitting from international to domestic you can use the F lounge in the satellite terminal before you clear arrivals immigration and heading to the domestic departures.

If on the day of the flight you are only originating ex KUL and flying domestic,then your only option is the domestic lounge.

2.You are right,you have a choice of CX J,MH J and MH F.
Old Oct 30, 16, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver View Post
Will be flying MH J CMB-KUL-SYD, OWE. is there any Hainaness Chicken serviced in any of the lounge?

If not, any good restaurants we should try at the airport transit area?

to be pedantic, and as a half hainanESE it's spelt as such.

Search this Thread