MH J blankets - now so thin and short!

Old May 9, 2016, 3:12 am
Original Poster

MH J blankets - now so thin and short!

I just completed a few night flights on MH... J cabin now has those pink-purple blankets that are so thin that I woke up shivering. The chief steward on one of my flights indeed commented that their blankets have gotten "thinner and thinner".

And they are so short too, that my toes were numb and cold.

I suppose this is one of those cost-cutting things that have been "enhanced"?
Old May 10, 2016, 12:55 am
Original Poster

For the slightly longer overnight flights (eg. ICN, NRT, KIX) MH provides a silvery quilt and a matching seat cover. When asked why are they different from the Indian red eyes (eg. DEL) even though it's operated by the same A330s, the crew's answer is for longer flights people prefer to sleep so we provide the quilts.

But seriously, anyone who's been on any of the Indian red eyes will find that on arrival at KUL is a load of sleeping passengers!
Old May 10, 2016, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
3 threads to whine about MH?

Really?!
Old May 10, 2016, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin

Really?!
Yeah only three threads after a dozen flights you mean?
Old May 10, 2016, 10:21 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
I really don't understand why there is so much of a shock with the state that MH is in now. The entire company is struggling to stay afloat after years of chronic mismanagement, theft, graft and everything in between.
Old May 11, 2016, 7:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by payam81
I really don't understand why there is so much of a shock with the state that MH is in now. The entire company is struggling to stay afloat after years of chronic mismanagement, theft, graft and everything in between.
This!
Old May 11, 2016, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Really?!
Nobody is forcing you to read the threads or respond to them, particularly since your posts are devoid of useful information...
Old May 11, 2016, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by payam81
I get that overhauling controls and cutting costs where reasonable are required to turn the company around - eg. I can do without alcohol for the short haul Asian routes - but not when the actions actually cause discomfort to passengers. I actually caught a chill from inadequate blanket cover on my flight as my sweater was packed away and checked in... since I never needed that in all my MH flights before the recent ones.
Old May 11, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I get that overhauling controls and cutting costs where reasonable are required to turn the company around - eg. I can do without alcohol for the short haul Asian routes - but not when the actions actually cause discomfort to passengers. I actually caught a chill from inadequate blanket cover on my flight as my sweater was packed away and checked in... since I never needed that in all my MH flights before the recent ones.
I completely sympathize but MH has been on a downward spiral, partly made by them partly made of pure bad luck, for quite sometime and frankly, the future is not very bright.

But more the point, why didn't you ask for an extra blanket or two? Not a very elegant solution but if you are waiting for MH to return to the glory days, well, you'll probably waiting forever TBH...
Old May 11, 2016, 8:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just completed a few night flights on MH... J cabin now has those pink-purple blankets that are so thin that I woke up shivering. The chief steward on one of my flights indeed commented that their blankets have gotten "thinner and thinner".

And they are so short too, that my toes were numb and cold.

I suppose this is one of those cost-cutting things that have been "enhanced"?
Did you ask the steward for an additional blanket or two?
Old May 12, 2016, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Did you ask the steward for an additional blanket or two?
I did. But on that flight I was surprisingly a deep sleeper... woke up and realized that I was shivering to my bones. By then the damage was done... even when given 2 additional purple blankets, I still felt the chill - which again articulates how thin they have become.
Old May 13, 2016, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Nobody is forcing you to read the threads or respond to them, particularly since your posts are devoid of useful information...
And yours are? This isn't rantfesttalk.com
Old May 13, 2016, 7:57 pm

Not sure why anyone is only bringing the purple pink blankets up now. It's been around for years.

And I prefer it too - the larger thick silvery ones get onto the aisle and get stepped on and tend to get stuck in the mechanisms etc.
Old May 14, 2016, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Not sure why anyone is only bringing the purple pink blankets up now. It's been around for years.
There are two versions of the purple pink blankets. The older version was more "wooly" and are still being used. The newer version is thinner and "crispier" - even flight attendants admit to the change.
Old May 14, 2016, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

And yours are? This isn't rantfesttalk.com
Go dictate what others should or should not say... somewhere else.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.