Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Airlines new alcohol policy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
Just returned KUL-MNL-KUL in J. No alcohol on the outward sector but a full bar service and wine list on the return. One champagne, one white, two reds plus beers, spirits, etc. J food is still pretty unremarkable but service was excellent.

This was my 7th regional flight in the last couple of months and MH crews seem to take a pride in offering friendly and professional service despite all the challenges.

I was offered the unopened bubbly as recompense for a broken screen (row 1, which we managed to lash up with a couple of tablecloths and some sticky labels ) but I couldn't accept as I connecting onwards.

I'll post the wine list when I get a chance.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Originally Posted by R2
never had any trouble getting champagne as pre-departure drink on CX at KUL.
Same with EK (and they have plenty in their lounge too).
Old May 3, 2016, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Just completed KUL-BKK-KUL in J,
No alcohol at all, despite them serving 'dinner' in Int J class, crazy policy & they don't get any more business from me as a result
Old May 4, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
Flew MH69 TPE-BKI (Taipei to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia) last week in J and no alcohol available. Flight blocked at 3.5 hours. A "full" breakfast served in J on the flight, which departed 8a and arrived 11:30a. Although the Teh Tarik (hot milk tea) was awesome, not having opportunity for a drink was a bit strange, though not a surprise given this thread. Also, as noted in pics, appears that the inbound flight BKI-TPE, which is a dinner service, is also dry.

So appears that MH is dry on all (?) regional flights, not just those under 3 hours.
Attached Images   
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:10 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Just flew TPE - KUL (4hrs+) in J on the weekend before reading about this dry policy for flights under 3 hours.

There was no alcoholic beverages listed in my menu too - which I thought was strange... (I was going to let it go because it wasn't that big a deal... i thought they probably treated this as a regional flight without alcohol). However, the stewardess just told me, if you want alcoholic drinks, just let us know. In the end, got 2 mini bottles of Glenlivet 18.

So, can confirm alcohol is served for for TPE - KUL (not sure about TPE - BKI) even though not printed on the menu
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by ermen
Just flew TPE - KUL (4hrs+) in J on the weekend before reading about this dry policy for flights under 3 hours.

There was no alcoholic beverages listed in my menu too - which I thought was strange... (I was going to let it go because it wasn't that big a deal... i thought they probably treated this as a regional flight without alcohol). However, the stewardess just told me, if you want alcoholic drinks, just let us know. In the end, got 2 mini bottles of Glenlivet 18.

So, can confirm alcohol is served for for TPE - KUL (not sure about TPE - BKI) even though not printed on the menu
Cool, hope they stock Bailey's.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
The alcohol menu is separate from the food menu.

They are inconsistent. Sometimes they don't hand out the alcohol menu when on the 737 even when it is available.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Cool, hope they stock Bailey's.
Yes there's Baileys available during my Apr flight.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by tingtongbells
Yes there's Baileys available during my Apr flight.
^ Looking forward to my next year's flight.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
Originally Posted by dfs24
The alcohol menu is separate from the food menu.

They are inconsistent. Sometimes they don't hand out the alcohol menu when on the 737 even when it is available.
Foiled again! I should have asked. Good to know for future flights.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Just flew KUL-TPE (block time of 4:55) and alcohol is included in the beverage menu.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:52 am

Just flew DPS-KUL evening flight (3 hrs block time): Menus an wine list handed out. Champagne, wine, spirits available and a nie meal with three choices. Excellent service - nothing to complain.

On KUL-SIN no alcohol. Food Choice was Dim Sum or a pie (both hot). Nice for a 200 miles flight.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:16 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
About to fly CMB-KUL, depart 13:25 and arrive 19:40, flight blocked at 3 hrs 45 minutes. Would there be a lunch or dinner? Will I have the luck of some wines?
Old Sep 18, 2016, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Ausriver
About to fly CMB-KUL, depart 13:25 and arrive 19:40, flight blocked at 3 hrs 45 minutes. Would there be a lunch or dinner? Will I have the luck of some wines?
Just flew CMB-KUL.... 8 hours ago. Yes, there are wines. Not sure about which particular meal is served though - mine was the red-eye.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 6:06 am

No Bailey's on my recent KIX-KUL flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.