Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

MH launches laksa bar at KLIA Golden Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Doesn't seem to be an official press announcement about it other than some Twitter feeds on what laksa is on offer for the week.

But has been picked up by a food blog in Singapore:
http://www.superadrianme.com/food-an...a-bar-in-klia/

Worth a try the next time you fly J/F through KLIA.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Marco Polo, Skywards, Etihad Guest, IHG, Aeroplan
Definitely worth trying!

But I also hope this signals a wider bigger plan/investment to also refurbish satellite terminal Golden Lounge at KLIA because last time i was there, the chairs, sofas, tables, etc have so many scratches, showers were dirty, buffet area was dusty, etc.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:05 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, KFEG
Had the laksa Sarawak at the domestic Golden Lounge on New Year's day. Very nice!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:44 am
Ooi

Laksa is nice, but I'd prefer Satay barbecued over an arang fire and served with Kacang Kuah.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Introducing Laksa is not going to stop the migration of regular/loyal passengers to other airlines. Stopping the serving alcohol on flights shorter than 3 hours was probably not a good move.

Inconsistency in it's servings of alcohol on longer flights based on what should be available according to the inflight menu only to be told "not available" is going to cost the airline some passengers.

Telling passengers in the regional lounge "no alcohol before 9am" is going to irritate some passengers..no issues like this with SQ or other airlines.

MAB are just looking at ways how to lose customers..........
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

I finally got to try the supposed laksa bar... and was terribly disappointed.

It's all PR and nothing more.

The MH lounge rotates a laksa every month in their usual kitchen counter.

Nothing like a "bar" where you're able to choose from different laksa varieties at different times.

And the Sarawak laksa that I tried was awful with overcooked soggy noodles and sauce that tasted raw, as if the ingredients weren't blended enough and cooked long enough.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wolf72
Telling passengers in the regional lounge "no alcohol before 9am" is going to irritate some passengers..no issues like this with SQ or other airlines.
I'm not sure why this is a legitimate complaint... who would take alcohol before 9 am? Not like the things they serve at the MH lounge are complements for champagne breakfast anyway.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I'm not sure why this is a legitimate complaint... who would take alcohol before 9 am? Not like the things they serve at the MH lounge are complements for champagne breakfast anyway.
Agreed. And who would take alcohol on flights shorter than 3 hours?

Death by a thousand cuts...
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Thats good at least Laksa will not impact their Profit Margins.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by wolf72
Introducing Laksa is not going to stop the migration of regular/loyal passengers to other airlines. Stopping the serving alcohol on flights shorter than 3 hours was probably not a good move.

Inconsistency in it's servings of alcohol on longer flights based on what should be available according to the inflight menu only to be told "not available" is going to cost the airline some passengers.

MAB are just looking at ways how to lose customers..........
I'm pretty sure local noodles entices us locals more than alcohol before 9am, i'd rather a good bowl of hearty noodles over cheap wine anyday, and more so at 8.59am
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:45 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Thats good at least Laksa will not impact their Profit Margins.
Their laksa "supplier" is probably making a margin of 900%. Jk.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by asheby
I'm pretty sure local noodles entices us locals more than alcohol before 9am, i'd rather a good bowl of hearty noodles over cheap wine anyday, and more so at 8.59am
That early in the morning I'll get heartburn slurping on noodles. Oatmeal & scrambled egg whites is my preference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.